Easy to Build Raised Garden Bed Using Planter Wall Blocks

Easy to Build Raised Garden Bed Using Planter Wall Blocks

We are giving our outdoor garden another try this season. Past seasons have been disappointing because of the wildlife here. We are planning to build a structure over these raised garden beds using PVC, stay tuned for that video. I have plenty of plants started from seeds ready to go into these beds…various types of tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, peas, radishes, they are still indoors. I will update over the summer on our progress. Comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated, Thanks for watching!

1. labrat on April 18, 2022 at 6:07 pm

Have you tried to grow any roots crops in these raised beds? I am concerned about the possible stunting effect of the hardware cloth on the bottom. particularly on carrots.

2. loslosthuy on April 18, 2022 at 6:09 pm

How did the mesh and boxes hold up against the groundhogs? Planning on doing this cause we deal with gophers in our backyard.

3. Tee Bee on April 18, 2022 at 6:11 pm

Nice. One thing to consider for next time: coconut coir is readily renewable and more ecologically friendly than peat.

4. G M on April 18, 2022 at 6:11 pm

Love this video, exactly what I was looking for

5. luckyducky16 on April 18, 2022 at 6:12 pm

I love the randomness of the turkey lolol

6. Saranya Sudanthira on April 18, 2022 at 6:12 pm

What type of wood was used and where did you get them from?

7. Morris Jette on April 18, 2022 at 6:17 pm

Consider emt conduit as a stronger and more durable option to pvc pipe

8. Arlene Ehrlinspiel on April 18, 2022 at 6:17 pm

Love the idea of the corner blocks, looks like it makes it so much easier to get started on raised beds. Thank You for showing this!

9. Tess on April 18, 2022 at 6:19 pm

Tikki the hardware cloth I get has a California prop 65 warning, so it’s either cadmium or lead in the fabrication. I’d not grow food on top of that. It’d be ok above the ground, but not below. Good luck!

10. Sinularia Sin on April 18, 2022 at 6:22 pm

Hey Tikki—seems like your ‘buddy’ had some trouble cutting the wire !…..Tell him/her to use wire cutter—MUCH EASIER …lol….keep ’em coming….curious to see what the fence and covering will look like….

11. K F on April 18, 2022 at 6:23 pm

EXCELLENT VIDEO THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Linda Lane on April 18, 2022 at 6:24 pm

Tikki, your birds are adorable!

13. LAID MGD on April 18, 2022 at 6:27 pm

salut Tikki O ., superbe , tu es une Femme Nature et ça se reflète dans ta vidéo ,merci pour cet enseignement , toujours un plaisir de te voir , paix sur toi .

14. Patrick Taillon on April 18, 2022 at 6:29 pm

Oh, I can’t imagine losing all that corn the night before your bbq. So sorry that happened to you!

15. bluewater454 on April 18, 2022 at 6:31 pm

If the deer had eaten my garden, I would have eaten the deer. Seems like a fair trade.

16. Jonathan Marten on April 18, 2022 at 6:31 pm

Great video, I was searching for the Planter Wall Blocks on Amazon but couldn’t find it.
    Is it a home depot exclusive??

17. Bobby T on April 18, 2022 at 6:31 pm

Sounds like I’d be serving some Venison at the BBQ.

18. Laonong lin on April 18, 2022 at 6:34 pm

best raised bed idea so far!

19. Cynthia Perkins on April 18, 2022 at 6:36 pm

Very useful video. Would love to see how you fence in the beds.

20. personality cat on April 18, 2022 at 6:36 pm

I’m disappointing your not doing kratky outdoors but cool video .

21. Shameka on April 18, 2022 at 6:39 pm

How would I make this work for a sloped yard?

22. Janet Hirsch on April 18, 2022 at 6:40 pm

Well done! Very helpful! Thanks!

23. AdmiralNuke on April 18, 2022 at 6:41 pm

Is it possible to double or triple the bed supplies to raise the bed further? Thanks.

24. Mr. That Guy on April 18, 2022 at 6:42 pm

Good video.

25. Rachel Tomlinson on April 18, 2022 at 6:42 pm

This is great news…So glad you are trying again. Hopefully the animals will keep out. Look forward to see what you are planting.

26. Felicyah on April 18, 2022 at 6:43 pm

Thank you! This video was so thorough and still relevant in 2022!

27. N morris on April 18, 2022 at 6:44 pm

eat the deer?

28. Flora Song on April 18, 2022 at 6:48 pm

Thanks for sharing this great idea. Can I know how long will this garden bed last? Thank you!

29. Lit' AHSr. on April 18, 2022 at 6:48 pm

u got some damn good Ideas also Beautiful turkeys

30. Stephen Miano on April 18, 2022 at 6:50 pm

We just duplicated your design with the exact parts

31. Rebecca McAlister on April 18, 2022 at 6:50 pm

I recommend Benner Deer Fence Company for the enclosure for your garden. We put up their deer fence in the winter when deer do most of the damage to our foundation plantings. It comes down in the summer months. It would be perfect for your garden. I enjoyed your video; it was simple and informative.

32. Deb C on April 18, 2022 at 6:54 pm

Thank you sooooo Much! Now I can make some easy put together raised beds… Have a container garden, grow pots, planters and totes, but still have some transplants to put in the ground. This will be perfect, better than filling more containers… Mixing the dirt is an important part of the garden and the most costly initially… I keep buying more peat moss and black cow compost then adding other nutrients. Seems I keep buying more and more, it takes a LOT to fill everything… lol It has been a long time since I wanted to garden, the gardening bug bit me real good this year. I even have the hydroponic systems going with some lettuce and other veggies in our spare room. Taking pruned suckers from parent tomato plants to root new plants in vermiculite and water. Those will be going into my raised bed this next week. I love your channel, learning so much and seeing how easy gardening really is, in water and soil… 🙂

33. rancakay613 on April 18, 2022 at 6:55 pm

This is a must appreciate it video!! Thank you so much for all the details!!

34. Rocky USA on April 18, 2022 at 6:55 pm

Love how you mention you want to protect the raised bed from wild life & while filming the raised bed a wild turkey 🦃 walks along. It’s like he’s getting ready to tell his friends "food is coming soon for us" lol

35. Johnny MaC on April 18, 2022 at 6:57 pm

4’x16’x12", having dirt deliverd might cost you a lot less. Or rent a truck, if you don’t have one, and buying a load.

36. Ana on April 18, 2022 at 6:57 pm

You are very informative and precise with how to build this. Really appreciate it.
    Going to follow your suggestions.

37. Blessed From Texas on April 18, 2022 at 7:00 pm

On a budget, you could buy a box of screws and save lots of money…

38. Marilyn Ryan on April 18, 2022 at 7:00 pm

Awesome glad you’re trying again.I did not put any protection from deer around my garden as the deer have jumped into it🤔Alcatraz style maybe,lol. Thx for sharing looking forward to your updates😎

39. Drew Eric Whitman on April 18, 2022 at 7:01 pm

Consistently excellent, informative videos. Thank you!

40. johneroyale on April 18, 2022 at 7:01 pm

Great video…do you want earthworms in the bed?? I’m new to gardening.

41. Starr Stroh on April 18, 2022 at 7:01 pm

woodprix is a solid company with solid woodworking plans.

42. Koryon Perteet on April 18, 2022 at 7:01 pm

I love this video! It feels so genuine, no mention of being a master gardener and everything made sense from a feasibility perspective. Super curious where you live that it’s 60 degrees in June and plants aren’t ready to be planted outdoors yet. I live in a very cool climate in northern Illinois, so I especially like watching how other people in colder areas manage their gardens.

43. Wheelchair Gardener on April 18, 2022 at 7:02 pm

This is a very good idea using these corners.