Herb Container Garden Tour, Pickle Worms and Chickens!

Herb Container Garden Tour, Pickle Worms and Chickens!

Let’s take a quick walk through the herb container garden here in late August! I’ll share with you a problem I had growing cucumbers in the GreenStalk and a surprise!

GreenStalk provided me with the vertical gardens and accessories shown in my videos. I am recording video footage of all the different herbs and vegetables I grow so you can see how easy it is! Get $10.00 off a GreenStalk, use my code: rainbowgardens at checkout.
Link to GreenStalk website: http://lddy.no/3l75
I receive a commission when you use my information to purchase through their website. Thank you so much for your support!

Green Stalk Video Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksc9UvMBw-4&list=PLHqRalqOVeFyGsiLU-M2wgCAGu6cOn-K0.

Growing Herbs Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuDMY5F5LNg&list=PLHqRalqOVeFzDUSXPEcGs7Jc2vyL3e31U

Subscribe to my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/dylan14570
When you subscribe, please make sure to click the bell to the right of the subscribe button to receive notifications for my channel. You will be notified of new videos and behind the scene updates.

Please feel free to shop through my link when purchasing on Amazon and it will help out the channel: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=raigarkit-20

I create all components of the video with the exception of the music. I do all of the gardening, research, videography, editing, lighting, audio, uploads, and recipe creation (unless otherwise noted).

I also use the Square Foot Garden method:
Square Foot Garden Book:

I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

1. Sarah Monster on April 18, 2022 at 6:19 pm

I am SO EXCITED for more chicken appearances in videos!

2. Helena Hatzman on April 18, 2022 at 6:19 pm

i missed you,i am very happy you are back.thank you!

3. Paul Tweedlie on April 18, 2022 at 6:31 pm

Very informative and so good. Fortunately, here at Tweeders’ Farm in Colorado, we don’t have a pickle worm problem and I’ll be pickling my tasty cucumbers today.

4. Tangie0906 on April 18, 2022 at 6:34 pm

Yay for chickens! I wish I could have some but live in town. Looking forward to watching your chicken videos! Sometime could you explain which plants you cut back, when you cut them back, and why that’s a good thing to do? My chives came back in their containers from last year but bloomed early so for the first time ever I cut them back in July. They did regrow but I should have fertilized them, they’re not very robust.

5. Hilchan on April 18, 2022 at 6:38 pm

Loved the update! Never heard of the pickle worm. Thanks for the info. The chicken tractor looks awesome! Can you share where you got it?

6. jack rudden on April 18, 2022 at 6:39 pm

make sure those chickens have deep shade. they can get very hot in the full sun and get very sick. but you’ll have so much fun with them

7. Jeannette Ugorji on April 18, 2022 at 6:41 pm

I am very interested in herb propagation. My attempts with Rosemary have been a disaster. Do you use rooting hormone? Good luck with the little chicks.

8. Wonder on April 18, 2022 at 6:49 pm

Donna, I bought a second green stalk garden this year. It works well but the top layer dries out fast. No summer rain in California. Any suggestions? TIA

9. Juanelo1946 on April 18, 2022 at 6:57 pm

Donna, if I ever get into gardening, it will be a container garden, because you’re an inspiration! You make it look easy. I was fascinated by the pesky pickle worm pest that attacks your cucumbers. The baby chicks are adorable! Good luck with them!

10. Donna Smith on April 18, 2022 at 6:59 pm

Everything looks so pretty on your deck. We had those nasty little worms in some of our cukes also—yuk!! We went on vacation for 8 days and we had some of those 100 degree days and no rain. The gardens took a beating. I’ve been pruning and watering all week. A good number of them are starting to recover—time will tell. Thanks for bringing us joy today with your video. So happy for you to have the chicks!! Blessings!

11. The Indoor Outdoor Gardener And More on April 18, 2022 at 6:59 pm

Wow, everything looks so amazing Donna. Blessings

12. Chlexie L. on April 18, 2022 at 7:04 pm

I have the Greenstalk and it works! The plants love it and grow really well. This year I bought two stock tanks thinking the depth would be great for plants. My plants did terrible in those. Not sure if it was the soil I used? But the Greenstalk is a win for sure.

13. Elaina Casey on April 18, 2022 at 7:04 pm

Loved it! Can you put a dollar store. Nylon stocking over the devloping cukes to keep the worm from borrowing? Love the chickies. Can’t wait to hear more.

14. Candi Wallace on April 18, 2022 at 7:06 pm

🤗🤗💖💖👍👍

15. simryusom8811 on April 18, 2022 at 7:07 pm

I start my container garden all because of you🙏
    What do you do with those containers to bring them indoor?

16. awinbush99 on April 18, 2022 at 7:10 pm

Everything looks great! I’m excited you are getting chickens again. Miss you guys! ❤️