'The 76ers' path is being paved for them': Stephen A. on impact of Raptors' injuries | NBA Countdown

NBA Countdown’s Stephen A. Smith, Michael Wilbon, Jalen Rose and Mike Greenberg discuss how far the Philadelphia 76ers can go in the playoffs.

✔️Subscribe to ESPN+ http://espnplus.com/youtube
✔️ Get the ESPN App: http://www.espn.com/espn/apps/espn
✔️Subscribe to ESPN on YouTube: http://es.pn/SUBSCRIBEtoYOUTUBE
✔️ Subscribe to NBA on ESPN on YouTube: http://bit.ly/SUBSCRIBEtoNBAonESPN
✔️ Watch ESPN on YouTube TV: http://es.pn/YouTubeTV

1. Devin Ballard on April 18, 2022 at 5:58 pm

Raptors weren’t expected to win game 1. Tonight is the huge game.

2. COREY TAYLOR on April 18, 2022 at 5:58 pm

The Sixers new Maxey was a Beast that’s why he was never in a trade conversation that’s also why Doc didn’t play him that much in the season he was saving him for the playoffs he’s a Monster 🔥🔥🔥you got Superstars that’s not putting up them numbers in the playoffs

3. Ant Man on April 18, 2022 at 5:59 pm

They tone changed a lot within 24 hrs 😭😭😭

4. Super D on April 18, 2022 at 6:02 pm

Look at the stat not only the raptors getting by the officiating Denver too. 23 free throws raptors 34 for 76ers. 13 for Denver and 29 for GS. Both teams are down 20 explain that 🤔 😳 🤣

5. 海海 on April 18, 2022 at 6:02 pm

The refs had a dominant performance against the Raptors. Embiid is a dirty player and a crying coward.

6. W C on April 18, 2022 at 6:04 pm

How far can they go? As far as Embiid injures players and the refs don’t allow other teams playing defense

7. Marshinz on April 18, 2022 at 6:04 pm

SAS totally overlooking that Maxey won us a game against the Heat. Still waiting on his "That Brother is special" for Maxey…

8. Poppa on April 18, 2022 at 6:04 pm

For someone to claim they love Philly so much he always trying to sh!t on them 😒

9. Morgan on April 18, 2022 at 6:05 pm

Stephen a smith is unwatchable

10. Ant Man on April 18, 2022 at 6:06 pm

This series is over in 5 or 6

11. Shanell Moonesinghe on April 18, 2022 at 6:06 pm

Raptors have 0 pressure these playoffs they a young team and it’s the first year of their new era and they already made the playoffs after being projected as the 12th seed, I honestly cared more about Scottie and this group getting playoff experience more than anything sadly Scottie is injured now, all the pressure is on Philly anything less than a championship is a failure. Only one conference finals appearance since 1986 last one was in 2001 which was over 20 years ago. Philly basically has to win it this year and if they don’t they’ll never win in the Embiid era.

12. Pope Platinum Beats on April 18, 2022 at 6:08 pm

how did 20 Teams pass on MAXEY in the draft is the question i need answered?

13. ehi80 on April 18, 2022 at 6:08 pm

These guys after only one game smh… they have to create a narrative to talk about

14. BBoy Hannibal on April 18, 2022 at 6:09 pm

SAS was wrong and the Raptors didn’t have a chance. So don’t talk about the next series until you’ve admitted that that you were wrong.

15. Te Dogg on April 18, 2022 at 6:10 pm

Them dawgs down south beach got something foe Philly

16. Timothy N on April 18, 2022 at 6:11 pm

Stephen A is a one-way,, -dimensional commentator I hope that Brooklyn Nets lose the series to Boston. Then I will wait for the excuses from Stephen, Will, Max, and Vince Carter who think they are unbeatable.

17. Dustin Clark on April 18, 2022 at 6:12 pm

After one game? Lol

18. New Age Studios on April 18, 2022 at 6:13 pm

They switch up everyday literally

19. MM on April 18, 2022 at 6:16 pm

Game 1 already switching sides 😂🤡

20. Mc.Quain Promesse on April 18, 2022 at 6:17 pm

Going to be a sweep

21. NBA REAL TALK on April 18, 2022 at 6:20 pm

It ain’t a Raptors playoff year without losing the first game of the playoffs.

22. purklion on April 18, 2022 at 6:21 pm

I’m convinced these guys don’t even watch basketball… Or at least Raptors games. Nothing new. If they actually watched the games, they’d know the raptors have never had a full squad against Philly during regular season. Now y’all think it’s over because the refs were on embiids you know what all game and we have a couple injuries? Get the outta here

23. hhhhhh on April 18, 2022 at 6:24 pm

ESPN you caught an L and you need to acknowledge it

24. COREY TAYLOR on April 18, 2022 at 6:24 pm

In my Tyrese Maxey voice I didn’t get 40 I got 38 points I stink 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😎🤓I love young buck energy

25. johnny alvarez on April 18, 2022 at 6:25 pm

you guys gonna eat those words

26. Anthony Mckarais on April 18, 2022 at 6:26 pm

All I’m asking for, is to keep these crooked refs out of the game….I hope the FBI paying attention to this specific game… Refs, espn snd this league can’t be trusted.

27. Sean John on April 18, 2022 at 6:26 pm

Stephen A is a prisoner of the moment. Just runs with the present.

28. C Park on April 18, 2022 at 6:28 pm

VanVleet already injured. Lose Barnes, Trent and Young, they in trouble.

If the Sixers can’t win this series against a depleted team, it goes down as an all-time choke.

29. Isaiah Lovelace on April 18, 2022 at 6:31 pm

never take any of these analyst seriously right now…the narratives will switch every 2 days or so with most stars during the playoffs

30. Jordon Robinson on April 18, 2022 at 6:33 pm

This random.. but I think Denzel could play Wilbon in a movie

31. yabadaba doo on April 18, 2022 at 6:35 pm

They can get pass round 1 because of there easy opponent

32. Diamond Hicks, PharmD on April 18, 2022 at 6:35 pm

Lol now they’re gonna beat the Heat. Ok

33. ytajani on April 18, 2022 at 6:35 pm

Ofc things aren’t going the way you want it’s because of injury. Stfu Stephen A.

34. FBI on April 18, 2022 at 6:37 pm

Raps

35. Rory B. Smith on April 18, 2022 at 6:37 pm

“The path is being paved for them.” – Stephen A. Smith
    C’mon Son! Give the crew their proper credit for how they were dominating the game before Barnes got injured.
    You don’t really give $h*t about the facts anymore.

Edit: Except for the fact that Maxey is playing at an elite level, though it’s not like I hear him trying to bring him into the MIP conversation, where he should be.

36. Yajji on April 18, 2022 at 6:38 pm

Sixers fan but it’s only one game and we’re facing Nick Nurse and Doc Rivers is our head coach

37. Cap Noddy on April 18, 2022 at 6:39 pm

Doc Rivers’ team are well known for blowing out big leads, no matter in a game or a series, so just wait for it..

38. hot cold on April 18, 2022 at 6:39 pm

Miami in 6

39. King Tae on April 18, 2022 at 6:40 pm

It’s the raptors like really they suck. Let me see how he does against the bucks heat Celtics or nets but who ever wins the east healthy is winning the chip

40. Poppa on April 18, 2022 at 6:41 pm

They main players are fine & look at the excuses coming in now

41. Paft Dunk on April 18, 2022 at 6:43 pm

I gotta say the calls on this game on both sides was the worst I’ve ever seen in any NBA game I’ve seen

42. Dar Card on April 18, 2022 at 6:44 pm

Embiid robbed Barnes of a TripleDouble by foot stomping him. Barnes only needed 2 more ast with 9 mins left. Something no other rookie ever accomplished in their debut. Ever! Through elbows and face rakes the whole game! Shame! Shame! Shame!

43. Hyse Nur on April 18, 2022 at 6:45 pm

Sixers shot the three ball incredibly well raptors next game will blow them out

44. Chauncey Phat on April 18, 2022 at 6:46 pm

Let’s be honest here: Raptors are never a Game 1 team. They will adjust and win the series in Game 5.
    I was at a bar, and this old man and his young wife were sitting on their stools next to me.
    Old man noticed I was wearing a Raptors shirt, and he starting howling, revealing his yellow lonely tooth.
    "I reckon your dinosaur team is going to lose!" He annoyingly shouted while showing off his sixers sweater.
    I gave him a cold stare while saying, "I bet you’re wrong. Now get out of here before I cartwheel you to space."
    He trembled, and ran away, leaving a trail of yellow puddles.
    His young wife was impressed and stared at me, smiling coyly.
    I left but before I did I gave her my number. It was a fake number because she was ugly.

45. Tom Katsiroubas on April 18, 2022 at 6:47 pm

Stephen A you are 100% correct, it shouldn’t be as tough. All the pressure to close out a series is still with Sixers.

46. Wake Up on April 18, 2022 at 6:49 pm

Stevie Smith acts like he’s a Ghetto Brotha, while he lives in an overwhelmingly White gated community. LOL 😂

47. SmashKing17 on April 18, 2022 at 6:50 pm

I wanna see the celtics vs nets reactions ESPN

48. Muhammed Hussain on April 18, 2022 at 6:52 pm

No way this man said it was cuz of Embiids dominance. That game was all about Maxey and Harris.

49. Jv woods on April 18, 2022 at 6:57 pm

Why is Danny Green in the lineup? He never puts up more than 3 points and 1 or 2 assists. I still don’t understand why he gets so many minutes.

50. NPAMike on April 18, 2022 at 6:58 pm

If Embiid gonna be that dominant on the boards then Raptors don’t stand a chance they were dbl and triple teaming him at times.