The One GARDENING TOOL You Didn't Know You Needed!

The One GARDENING TOOL You Didn't Know You Needed!

Products mentioned in this video (affiliate links):
5 Cell Soil Blocker https://amzn.to/340DKRf
35 Cell Soil Blocker https://amzn.to/3pCPcuX
Hoss Tools 1020 Trays https://amzn.to/3ezIMX0
Bootstrap Farmer 1020 Trays https://amzn.to/32CSRzX
Seed Starting Mix is SunGro Professional Growing Mix

You can find all of our favorite farming/gardening tools via our Amazon Storefront. These are affiliate links that earn our farm a commission at no additional cost to you!

Drop us line! We’d love to hear from you! BerkeleyFarm@outlook.com

Follow along with us on Instagram @Berkeley.Farms

Our Amazon Wishlist:

Our electric hog fencing is from Premier1 Supplies. Use the following link to purchase yours!

Https://www.premier1supplies.com/p/hognet-24-inch-starter-kit?utm_source=berkeley.farms&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=youtube

1. Dawn Dolinski on April 18, 2022 at 6:13 pm

what a concept!!! never seen soil blocks before but I am goin too!! wow thx!

2. Patrick Goss on April 18, 2022 at 6:16 pm

I have seen numerous other homesteaders/market gardeners recommending using soil blocks. As I am watching yours I realized I’m finally in a position to get one and use it. It was also motivating to see someone who just got it, using it easily and efficiently. Thanks for the info. Keep it up!!

3. Amy Page on April 18, 2022 at 6:18 pm

Thank you for sharing! I hope you are feeling well and that you get a little rest as we move into he new year!

4. kari nichols on April 18, 2022 at 6:24 pm

Loved the video! I just got a 2" soil blocker for Christmas. Looking forward to seeing how you plant them out. Or if you pot them up.

5. WorleyHavenHomestead on April 18, 2022 at 6:25 pm

I have been wanting to start soil blocking bc is it more eco-friendly, you have definitely convinced me to just go ahead and buy one, thanks!

6. Salt life s S on April 18, 2022 at 6:25 pm

No thanks! Watering them is a pain! I’ll take your trays though!

7. BecauseHeLovedMe1st on April 18, 2022 at 6:26 pm

Cool. I can totally see how those can be a game changer. I had 0% (0!!) success with seeds for anything last year (1st yr). I want one and will use your link (thank you kindly lol)

I did get a leaf mulcher this year. Had no idea such thing existed. Definitely a game changer, too.

Thank you!! 😊❤️

8. Tracye Lilly on April 18, 2022 at 6:26 pm

I want to try this! Very informative!🌱🌱

9. Wade Rue on April 18, 2022 at 6:26 pm

i am in zone 4 so ya i am think about planting but I got awhile before I even order seeds lol

10. D144 on April 18, 2022 at 6:30 pm

Hi! Cool channel. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the soil block suggestion. Have you ever tried using vermicompost as your medium? I have two outdoor garbage cans ready to use if it is likely to work. Cute pup too!

11. Yesid Tac on April 18, 2022 at 6:33 pm

Hi friend execelent video

12. Larry Olson on April 18, 2022 at 6:34 pm

Those blocks don’t fall apart when you go to pick em up?

13. Robyn on April 18, 2022 at 6:37 pm

Seriously considering getting one of these. Thank you for the video. Just wondering how long to you keep the plants in that size block before transplanting outside?

14. Kimber Reefs on April 18, 2022 at 6:41 pm

I’d love to see the watering process and how they stay in blocks over time. I just imagine them crumbling flat if they’re moved or handled too much.

15. Tina Taylor on April 18, 2022 at 6:45 pm

Thank you I just learned something new 💜🌻💜

16. BecauseHeLovedMe1st on April 18, 2022 at 6:49 pm

Sent an email btw (oh, and your reply didn’t show up until today. First it said an hour ago, now it says 5 days ago. So helpful lol)

17. Seed Faith Homestead on April 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm

I’ve been wanted to try one so after seeing your video I may give it a go. Thanks.

18. Shades of Grey on April 18, 2022 at 6:56 pm

It’s worth getting the different sized blockers

19. Augusta Gootee on April 18, 2022 at 6:59 pm

Man game changer wish I’d seen this before I bought some trays 😆 but man my next paycheck may just get one try both ways out I do seed start lot tomatoes could help just pick them up and up potting times faster

20. Rachel Galus on April 18, 2022 at 7:03 pm

I got one for Christmas and I’m so excited. I got the mini and the 4 cell 2 inch. I’m a home gardener but if I really like it I will buy a stand up next year. Transplant and direct sowing time is so chaotic and time consuming, I would much rather put the extra labor on the front end. And I suck at getting plants out of cell trays. I’m most concerned about watering them.

21. Wade Rue on April 18, 2022 at 7:04 pm

i think its a great thing and I like your video

22. Jodi Ann on April 18, 2022 at 7:06 pm

I’ve been thinking of buying one for the spring, you convinced me to give it a try! Thank you for the demo…Great video as always! I hope you’ll give an update as you go!

23. Amber Lennox on April 18, 2022 at 7:11 pm

What stops the roots from growing into the soul block next to it? I do not understand how they would air prune with constant moisture against the side of each block. Also, are you going to up pot into larger blocks for things like squashes?