How to build a garden stream water feature

How to build a garden stream water feature

This video shows you the full process involved in building a garden stream water feature. This natural looking and relaxing garden stream is built using pond liner and concrete. A small submersible pond pump is used to return water back to the top of the garden stream. Pebbles are used around the edge and bottom of the garden stream to create a really natural look.

๐Ÿ› ๏ธ DIY GARDEN STREAM KIT LIST ๐Ÿ› ๏ธ

๐ŸŒฑ AMAZON KIT SHOP: https://www.amazon.co.uk/shop/tropicaltribe

โ€”โ€”โ€”๐ŸŒด FOLLOW GROW PARADISE ๐ŸŒด ——-

๐ŸŒฑFACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/GrowParadiseShop/

๐ŸŒฑINSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/growparadise_

๐ŸŒฑTIKTOK: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZML6GkBWx/

๐ŸŒฑ BLOG: https://www.growparadise.co.uk/blog/

AFFILIATE LINKS: Our channel is viewer-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

1. indika kaduruwewa on April 20, 2022 at 6:17 pm

Beautyful

2. The Water Boy UK on April 20, 2022 at 6:17 pm

Great idea and looks impressive๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ http://www.youtube.com/c/thewaterboyuk

3. Maska157 on April 20, 2022 at 6:18 pm

Looks great

4. Fleurdwi Cooking on April 20, 2022 at 6:18 pm

Its fantastic ! Thank you for all the details ! Soon , I will try to make this water stream in my backyard…

5. Tomek on April 20, 2022 at 6:21 pm

could I ask what the tree is in the bottom left corner at 4:33 ?

6. Berry Branten on April 20, 2022 at 6:21 pm

This is exactly what I have been looking for, thanks for the inspiration! How much height in cmโ€™s does the stream drop from the beginning to the end?

7. Gee M on April 20, 2022 at 6:22 pm

Thanks for the video,very informative and great that you costed parts,want to make one a little wider but about same length ,would you recommend bigger pump or is this ok ?

8. James Camomile on April 20, 2022 at 6:22 pm

Fantastic stream! Thank you for the chronological perspective. It really helps to see how this project evolved over time, which is pretty much how a garden hobbiest like myself does things.

9. D.E 303- A new, low cost, home buildable, solar electric concentrator. on April 20, 2022 at 6:23 pm

Mis Quito…the Equadorian

10. A McGrath on April 20, 2022 at 6:24 pm

best stream tips!

11. Joan Murray on April 20, 2022 at 6:25 pm

Beautiful!

12. indika kaduruwewa on April 20, 2022 at 6:26 pm

No ithn hadana hati nane

13. Jessica Beecroft on April 20, 2022 at 6:27 pm

What kind of pump did you use please

14. BP VFR94 on April 20, 2022 at 6:27 pm

Could you give me some information about the concrete? Like which brand? strength? how much water in the mix? how thick is it laid in? do you lay in bottom then sides? how long to let it dry? do it have any reinforcement? etcetera? It’s exactly what I’d like to have. Thanks much!!!

15. Jasdeep Kaur on April 20, 2022 at 6:28 pm

I liked it so much.can u guise me for my stream,I wanna build one in my garden

16. MundiGaming on April 20, 2022 at 6:29 pm

Hey man. Great build. Out of curiosity, did you tussle with the idea of adding a filter to the pump system? Or is one already in place to keep algae etc down?

Were there any issues getting the concrete to adhere to the liner?

17. L0united on April 20, 2022 at 6:30 pm

how do you get rid of mosquitoes in your water features?

18. Max Breitenbach on April 20, 2022 at 6:31 pm

Thanks for sharing this! I’m looking into building something similar for my front yard, and you did an amazing job here. How deep would you guess the stream became after you removed the pebbles? I live in an area of the U.S. that has a climate fairly similar to where you are (I’m guessing), so just wondering how deep I should make it to avoid evaporation during the summer months.

19. hfe18 on April 20, 2022 at 6:32 pm

I’ve been looking similar for this for years and here it is.thank you very much

20. Otterly Charming on April 20, 2022 at 6:36 pm

Hello, thank you for the great video. I LOVE all your plants. Would you happen to know the name of some of them? I wish I could figure out how to add a picture as I’ve circled the ones I’m interested in.

21. Ddaeng!! by Karla on April 20, 2022 at 6:38 pm

This is a great video! Just what I was looking for ๐Ÿ™‚ I suddenly got the idea of a tiny stream somewhere and wanted to check some videos for inspiration. Thanks!

22. L0united on April 20, 2022 at 6:38 pm

can you convert drainage or retention ditch in to a garden stream?

23. Leslie Kendall on April 20, 2022 at 6:41 pm

So how deep and wide do you recommend? I was going to make mine just 18-24" wide x 6" deep. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ. Mine will be pumped from and returning to a pond.

24. Sandeep Warraich on April 20, 2022 at 6:42 pm

Nice video , so calmly you told what to take care and what to avoid , thanks

25. L0Z3R L1F3 on April 20, 2022 at 6:42 pm

Thanks this helped ALOT

26. Jay Dee on April 20, 2022 at 6:43 pm

Looks amazing. Do you have to replenish the water? Does it drain away or need to be topped up?

27. A R on April 20, 2022 at 6:45 pm

what a beautiful garden and of course the water feature.

28. S Cox on April 20, 2022 at 6:46 pm

That was really helpful. Ive got a tiny space and i want to put a stream in, this was by far the most relatable tutorial.

29. jayant patsute on April 20, 2022 at 6:47 pm

Stream is better than pond, thanks for the idea ๐Ÿ‘

30. MrWayno79x on April 20, 2022 at 6:48 pm

Awesome, thanks for the tips

31. Fennec Fox on April 20, 2022 at 6:48 pm

Great video!
    Do you by any chance do voice over work for the Calm app? Soooo relaxing ๐Ÿ˜Œ

32. utube on April 20, 2022 at 6:49 pm

What a great video! Well done you. The stream looks amazing, you’ve transformed a small humble garden into a beautiful and enchanting space. I love it! One question, I’m assuming your pump was electric. I don’t have electricity in the garden, do you think it would be possible to use a smart solar pump? And could you advise where to get one powerful enough.. Thanks ..

33. jacqui rose on April 20, 2022 at 6:49 pm

This is just fantastic. I have the same kind of garden and this has inspired me greatly โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

34. Suburb Life on April 20, 2022 at 6:54 pm

You should add aquatic plants

35. Zeissler Music on April 20, 2022 at 6:56 pm

Sjovt

36. indika kaduruwewa on April 20, 2022 at 6:56 pm

Ugly

37. Ross Boyer on April 20, 2022 at 6:57 pm

What pump did you use

38. Chris Persiva on April 20, 2022 at 6:58 pm

Hi can you tell me where you got your pump from please? The project looks great and I want to do it ASAP! Just trying to work out costs! Thanks!

39. Daisy LR on April 20, 2022 at 7:01 pm

Amazing job!! Do you have fish there?

40. Peter Gale on April 20, 2022 at 7:02 pm

I have had to make mine lower , as the pump would run dry in the warmer weather. Just finnishd digginng out a larger hole for the pump to help retain more water when it drains drains back after I turn it off. Also linned it with concreat for safety. Waiting to swich back on again.!!!

41. Robasian Sensation on April 20, 2022 at 7:03 pm

I have become obsessed with putting in a water feature in my back yard. want a natural stream flowing thru yard, which has just a slight incline. THIS is it. what I want. I can’t tell you how many videos I have watched on ponds, waterfalls, and streams. Ilove your approach. I feel relieved by your approach- to go/ do/ set/ plant/ walk away. come back. adjust, add, subtract to just right. I’m wanting to recreate a walk in the woods and have let my urban yard grow a bit, to see what plants want to come up naturally, gently modifying and letting things be. I use a weed eater with a short line to trim, so I can see what flowers and plants want to be there but have been killed off in the past. It’s been so rewarding. Now I’m ready for my babbling brook. thank you thank you. subscribed ๐Ÿ™‚

42. Beth Adams on April 20, 2022 at 7:04 pm

How do you run the electrical is it something you use an extension cord for and bury the cord but not the plug?

43. Revelion Guille on April 20, 2022 at 7:05 pm

Can we get this dude to read children books?

44. A Sensible Young Man on April 20, 2022 at 7:05 pm

Beautiful stream and great advice. How much does it cost to run the pump on a yearly or monthly basis? Did you notice a big increase in your electric bill? Thanks.

45. Smyrna on April 20, 2022 at 7:05 pm

Let justice flow down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream

46. patrick jackson on April 20, 2022 at 7:10 pm

What pump did u use ?

47. Ava Marie on April 20, 2022 at 7:10 pm

Great your garden. Thank you!

48. Elisa Huffman on April 20, 2022 at 7:11 pm

Beautiful! I am designing our stream and have been inspired by you. What plants would you say are an absolute must?

49. steve cale on April 20, 2022 at 7:13 pm

Excellent advice. I am looking to change my ‘dry bed’ feature into an actual ‘stream’ feature. It is away from a power supply. Would there be a suitable non-mains pump available?

50. Mohd Fauzi Kadri on April 20, 2022 at 7:16 pm