How To Compost In Our Allotment Footpaths

How To Compost In Our Allotment Footpaths

After 3 years you can harvest the wonderful black gold from your footpaths, adding green materials to the browns of woodchips, with added activators from the run off from my Compost bin, fish poo and urine we end up with this.

#teamoverthepond #blightwatch #shedwars #tomatobottles #SunflowerChallenge2020, square foot gardening, no dig raised beds, pallet collars, giant vegetables, poly tunnel and greenhouse gardening and fruit trees and bushes.

Shedwars is a challenge from Arkansas Woodcutter for all creators to share their tips, ideas to help make our growing spaces as productive as possible so sit back and enjoy and support #teamoverthepond.

Please remember to like, comment and consider subscribing and if you would like to support my channel the link is https://www.paypal.me/Robocrop

MarsHydro SP150 my personal review Amazon short links are

US: https://amzn.to/2oMiPNz
CA: https://amzn.to/2JNRCBo
UK: https://amzn.to/2WHkzEm
DE: https://amzn.to/36y0swX

MarsHydro TS600 information and my personal review Amazon short links are

US: Amazon https://amzn.to/2lJ3sDB
CA: Amazon https://amzn.to/2k185bW
UK: Amazon https://amzn.to/2lXpH91
DE: Amazon https://amzn.to/2mrLxBZ

Join me and others on the Facebook Group keep Calm and make Compost

sanandtezbezy@gmail.com

♻️Happy gardening to all my viewers and subscribers ♻️ Terry King ♻️

1. Nuka's Allotment on April 24, 2022 at 6:23 pm

Terry, your black gold looks good as does your er…. liquid gold! Bests wishes. Nuka.

2. G&B Allotment Vlogs on April 24, 2022 at 6:25 pm

Like your pee and fish poo as compost activators cool. All the best keep plodding on & we’ll see u in the next one 😉😉 G&B Allotments

3. Little Red Ninja allotment on April 24, 2022 at 6:27 pm

Great video terry 👍 I add coffee grounds to wood chip myself and find it rots down well. As you said black gold 👍👍keep safe mate

4. Val M on April 24, 2022 at 6:29 pm

I add urine to my compost pile…seems a bit yucky but it works perfectly. I also use it to water ( diluted 1/10) my plants like Brussels sprouts or tomatoes….they are splendid!

5. Steve's Allotment on April 24, 2022 at 6:30 pm

Your tablet fail did make me giggle! I put some old path wood chip in the compost bins a few months ago – had a look today and it’s a hive of activity with worms, wood lice and other creatures, breaking down well!

6. BABETTE IS IN THE GARDEN on April 24, 2022 at 6:31 pm

Oh, my Terry the smell was so bad I almost blacked out all I could see was the ground oh wait the tablet fell it wasn’t me

7. Cara's Titbits on April 24, 2022 at 6:32 pm

Ha, your camera is a bit dramatic! The path compost is really interesting idea – I do a low maintenance version of wood chip between the beds then throwing it onto them every other year. I hadn’t thought of just leaving the uprooted weeds to die on the paths though.

8. robbo 77 on April 24, 2022 at 6:33 pm

Still with ya Terry.😁 Bostin👍 Robbo

9. holdontoyourwig on April 24, 2022 at 6:34 pm

I need a little advice if you will.
    The skins on one of my tomato plants are dull to look at. The rest have the usual shiny skins. Is there a problem with the plant or does that happen from time to time ?
    Cheers.

10. Black Pack Homestead Chris and Marella Ogden on April 24, 2022 at 6:35 pm

Did you create the soil for your beds? Do they all have the same type materials in them?

11. livia Batista on April 24, 2022 at 6:37 pm

Oi eu oi eu prazer conhecer o seu cantinho te convido a conhecer meu cantinho Muito obrigado desde já

12. Phillipstown allotment NO DIG!! on April 24, 2022 at 6:38 pm

Hi buddy
    All looking Very good ..,.. that liquid will certainly activate the wood chip … I bet mrs King loves you 😷

Have a good one matey 😇

13. CB's Greenhouse and Garden on April 24, 2022 at 6:38 pm

Keeping the plot all nice and tidy I see. Calcium nitrate will get things rolling for ya. Stay safe and have a great week!

14. David's Allotment on April 24, 2022 at 6:40 pm

Great video showing how to compost in your allotment paths. I don’t plan to grow anything in the paths directly but may use them for container growing because I don’t see the point composting an area i won’t grow anything in because my paths are going to be covered with weed control fabric and either landscape bark or wood chips.

15. Gary Turner on April 24, 2022 at 6:42 pm

Once again a fantastic video you never fail to amaze quality 👍👍

16. Fergus Dangerfield on April 24, 2022 at 6:45 pm

Thanx for another excellent interesting video terry . All the best.

17. BobMel simple living on April 24, 2022 at 6:46 pm

Good morning Terry. I don’t know about any black grape tomatoes but we like the black cherry tomatoes very much. Happy gardening my friend. Best wishes Bob.

18. My Hillside Garden on April 24, 2022 at 6:48 pm

Thanks for the good chuckle with the camera! Be safe and stay well. Catherine

19. Bill & Val's Allotment's on April 24, 2022 at 6:49 pm

Hi Terry would love to have wood chip paths on plots but our council don’t have it and asked the tree pepole and they only sell it and at pretty penny , we looking forward to the greenhouse revamp should be good. Stay safe Bill and Val

20. RichT on April 24, 2022 at 6:53 pm

You have got to have a long one on a Sunday my friend or its not worth all the effort is it now, 😁😁😁 I hope Mrs K dont watch these or you will be in trouble 😁😁.
    all the best
    Rich

21. Clive's Conundrum Garden on April 24, 2022 at 6:55 pm

It’s pretty amazing especially how fast I’ve been watching, how quickly the wood chips break down. Probably helps being 6’3 with size 10 feet lol. Garden looks amazing Terry
    Cheers

22. pete Ty. on April 24, 2022 at 6:57 pm

😊👍

23. Jasons Jungle on April 24, 2022 at 7:02 pm

Nice video, some good info.

I’ve tried composting in the paths and using chop and drop but it doesn’t work.

Whenever I take my mother to the plot she likes to "tidy up" and puts everything chopped and dropped into bins and bags.

In your shed you have some long torpedo shaped onions hanging – what variety are they (or are they shallots)? I have some Tosca seeds to sow for next year which are a similar shape (the onions, not the seed)

You must have been drinking a lot of tea to fill that bucket. Mind, it it’s coming out that colour you need to see the doctor. I tend to add mine straight to the compost heap (well, not straight, via a suitable container – the heap is visible from other plots)

It’s hard to tell the difference between the Oerprie and grass seedlings at first. So easy to weed one out and then notice the little bulb on the bottom once it’s up.

I wonder if the way you’re growing the giant roots would be good for liquorish, scorzonera or burdock/gobo roots ?

24. william allison on April 24, 2022 at 7:03 pm

Enjoyed the video it was practical and very informative liked it good work Terry BA94 Antrim n Ireland

25. MuddyBootz Allotment on April 24, 2022 at 7:05 pm

Terry have a look for some 2 pack JB WELD…far stronger than liquid nails and sets quickly 👍
    🌻 Nigel …….MuddyBootz Allotment 🌻

26. Mark Shaw on April 24, 2022 at 7:08 pm

Great video. That compost looked great. Like what u did yo the shed

27. Steven Dowden on April 24, 2022 at 7:10 pm

enjoyable video once again

28. Mark's Wildlife Allotment on April 24, 2022 at 7:10 pm

Thanks for showing us how you compost along the paths Terry. Did I miss something – are you gradually moving the wood chips further along the path as they break down, adding new chips at the beginning? Cheers Terry

29. Weird Heathers Garden on April 24, 2022 at 7:10 pm

I’m intrigued, do you save all your pee from home and transport it down to the allotment, or is that just your pee bucket for when you’re down there?
    Also have you ever ended up with any volunteer cannabis plants? Just wondered, with you repurposing all the compost etc that they dump near you.

30. Me and You Hello on April 24, 2022 at 7:14 pm

I had a dream I was planting potatoes in your permanent potato bed 😁👍

31. Ronald Shaw's - Growing Area on April 24, 2022 at 7:14 pm

Hi Terry, The plots are coming along nicely with that wood chip, Those carrots are looking really well, by the looks of it you still have plenty of potatoes to take out yet, Take care T and I’ll catch you on the next one.

32. Lisa G on April 24, 2022 at 7:15 pm

Mrs King will be pleased you get your whopper out on a Sunday ,, what a wonderful weekend treat to look forward to ,, 😄,, just be careful the stinky activator doesn’t splash onto your trouser leg or even worse, in your eyes,, best wishes, Lisa

33. Benni L on April 24, 2022 at 7:15 pm

The smell was too heavy for the tablet, Terry.🤮🥵
    I am also thinking of buying a grape plant next year and have been recommended the variety "Zilga" a blue, sweet grape that is very hardy.
    Happy gardening my friend and well done jobs with your pathways.

34. Horti Hugh on April 24, 2022 at 7:18 pm

Very nicely done Terry. Netting in the gutter is a great idea- might barrow or even borrow that one … Lol Those old wood chip are really great. Some great activators there Terry- laughed out loud about some of the comments there – activators are great to breakdown those fresh bark chips 👍🏼👍🏼 Late sown carrots are looking very well. Looking forward to the giant vegetable reveals. All the best, Hugh 😊👍🏼🌿

35. poosmate on April 24, 2022 at 7:19 pm

That’s lovely looking compost you’re getting from your wood chips. I will definitely have wood chips as paths when I get my garden up an running, and that’s all down to you. Loving the work on the shed and can’t wait for the rocket stove build. Sorry but I did laugh when we fell over and the fact you didn’t even notice till the second half of the fall. LOLOLOL Take care, Poo

36. Gosia R Home Cooking on April 24, 2022 at 7:20 pm

Hello Terry fantastic idea to make a path compost/ Gosia

37. Alex on April 24, 2022 at 7:20 pm

I am not sure I would have the stomach for the fish poo and wee smells🤣 but this is.a really great idea to make the use of all plot space. Taken many of your tips with my new allotment. Thanks for the video👍🏻