Growing Rosemary is SO Easy, You'll Have to Try To Kill It

Growing Rosemary is SO Easy, You'll Have to Try To Kill It

Rosemary is dead-simple to grow. With just a bit of care, you’ll have epic rosemary bushes year-round, or you’ll learn how to propagate it year after year if you’re in a colder climate. We’ll even make an easy rosemary salt in this video to show you just one of many ways you can use this flexible herb in your kitchen.

IN THIS VIDEO

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Other links may be affiliate links in which we receive a commission.

→ Spice Grinder: https://amzn.to/2RleWdq
→ Nesco Gardenmaster Dehydrator: https://amzn.to/3e54yR1
→ Powdery Mildew: https://www.epicgardening.com/powdery-mildew-treatment-and-prevention/
→ Spider Mites: https://www.epicgardening.com/spider-mites/

→ TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@epicgardening
→ Discord Server: https://discord.gg/cuXxvKRwKN
→ FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/epicgardening/
→ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/epicgardening
→ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/epicgardening

DISCLAIMER

Epic Gardening occasionally links to goods or services offered by vendors to help you find the best products to care for plants. Some of these may be affiliate links, meaning we earn a small commission if items are purchased. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. More info on our process: https://www.epicgardening.com/disclaimer/

1. Time Enuf on April 27, 2022 at 6:38 pm

Great video. Just purchased my first rosemary plant and feel confident it will do very well thanks to your instruction. Never heard of rosemary salt but I’ll have to give that a try too! Thank you for a wonderful video – very professional and fun.

2. Tommy Brown on April 27, 2022 at 6:38 pm

Another great vid.
    Try to add garlic and lemon zest. With the additional ingredients it’s 👍💯

3. HISIAM888RUHIS888 on April 27, 2022 at 6:38 pm

In what ways do you use Rosemary Salt & in what dishes?? Thank you!🙌🙌🤗
    Loved your video!!👍👍🤗🙌🙌🥰

4. Ksuy A on April 27, 2022 at 6:38 pm

easy rule, water from the buttom, use 30 % sand in ur soil

why it lives in dry coast lines normaly

5. evolutionfilms1 on April 27, 2022 at 6:38 pm

Sooooooo…..what is the salt used for???

6. Debra Murphy on April 27, 2022 at 6:44 pm

4-23-2022

7. Potatos28 on April 27, 2022 at 6:45 pm

wrong, I made my rosemary die from forgetting to water it!
    but I didn’t know about this video existed.
    I almost killed my rosemary on purpose

8. AscendtionArc on April 27, 2022 at 6:46 pm

Thanks for this.

9. Luke Bowen on April 27, 2022 at 6:47 pm

I am looking to start growing both Rosemary as well as Lavender in our garden, and enjoyed your help on this video.

10. Aaron Jackson on April 27, 2022 at 6:48 pm

just found your channel — i’m sure you get enough compliments, but in case not: great job w/ this channel

11. Susan Blauss on April 27, 2022 at 6:48 pm

“Golden rain” hahahahahahaha. The things you learn watching Epic Gardening lolol. Thanks for the laugh, and the great gardening tips

12. Epic Gardening on April 27, 2022 at 6:51 pm

EPIC GARDENERS let me know what herb I should cover next! Blessing you with 20 years of good harvests – Kevin

13. Mona El-Chami on April 27, 2022 at 6:53 pm

Hi
    What do you use the rosemary salt for?

14. Jude A on April 27, 2022 at 6:55 pm

FWIW I’m in zone 8 in the Sierra foothills near Yosemite and we have no problem with rosemary. Several plants came with the house and they’re doing great with no special care.

15. Mike Harrington on April 27, 2022 at 6:56 pm

Rosemary doesn’t like cold & damp & is susceptible to cold wind burn

16. whatfreedom7 on April 27, 2022 at 6:57 pm

My rosemary has thick woody limbs with thick leaves. Do I need to cut it back to have the smaller softer leaves like in the store?

17. Laura-Dene Brown on April 27, 2022 at 6:58 pm

I have a question. I recently received a rosemary plant from a friend but it’s in a rusty tin can. I want to re-pot it but I’m afraid I’ll kill it like I did the last one. How can I get it out of the tin can without damaging the roots. Please help!

18. Elaine Landry on April 27, 2022 at 6:59 pm

Very good video Kevin!!

19. Ross-Smith Family on April 27, 2022 at 7:03 pm

I managed to kill my rosemary I bought last year from Home Depot in a pot! The rosemary died gradually from the bottom up until there were only a few sprigs left on the tips at the top of the plant.

20. Chris Jefferson on April 27, 2022 at 7:04 pm

Good tip…..I use rice in my salt to keep it from clumping

21. Lorraine Wilson on April 27, 2022 at 7:05 pm

I’m tired trying to grow rosemary. It just don’t grow with me. I always purchase a small plant and in no time it dies. I need help. Can you assist me? This is one of my favourite herbs

22. RainyTeaKettle on April 27, 2022 at 7:05 pm

I rescued three rosemary plants from the grocery store and they are not doing well. I’ve followed what they need (sun, not much water, rocky soil, etc) but they look dry and withered. I don’t see any root rot, so I’m not sure what’s going on. Is there any way to save them? Or were they likely doomed from the start?

23. cssl kft on April 27, 2022 at 7:08 pm

My absolutely favorite herb of all time. Have tried so many times to grow from seeds and cuttings without luck. Then Hod smiled on me and I located a nursery that had them. Someone Bought the whole stock and sold me 2. Now I am happy taking care of my Newby and can’t wait to see them spread

24. The World According To :ant: on April 27, 2022 at 7:08 pm

I managed to kill mine. Only had it 3 weeks.

25. Debbie Perks on April 27, 2022 at 7:09 pm

I’m in zone 8b. Outside Home Depot in the parking lot on one of the island dividers they have a huge rosemary shrub. So I planted my rosemary bush that has been living in a pot on my front porch for 6 years. It has survived its first winter in the ground. We even had frost twice. And it actually doubled in size in 1 season. I live in Myrtle beach, SC.

26. Fatima Richani on April 27, 2022 at 7:09 pm

My rosemary is in full sun, watered every other day and tips are droopy from the heat… Should I move it to shade? anyone have any tips?

27. Kalinysta Zvoruna on April 27, 2022 at 7:12 pm

I routinely and consistently kill rosemary, usually by overwatering it. There’s no way, in my zone 6b/7a I can keep it outside. The snow and 15 to 20 degrees F would kill it if I didn’t bring it inside.

28. Perdiddle Panskew on April 27, 2022 at 7:12 pm

Could you do a video on propagation? Particularly how to use rooting powder. I think I have killed more things with it than I have ever helped!

29. Richard Spacer on April 27, 2022 at 7:13 pm

Are they all organic, non-gmo?

30. Jamie Banegas on April 27, 2022 at 7:13 pm

I don’t know the type of rosemary I have, but I bought fresh from the store and propagated it last year and out of about 7 pieces I have 3 plants. Taking more cuttings from them and trying to propagate them also. I don’t know the type but I know I like to cook with it and it is the kind Publix sells fresh.

31. Heather Maestas on April 27, 2022 at 7:13 pm

Golden rain? Lol I love your videos! So, when would you say the best time to harvest for dehydration? I live in NW Florida 8a and I have several plants growing in my yard all year. I know how to propagate, but I would still like some dehydrated, but is it best to do so when it’s early growth or anytime? TIA

32. Linda Harrison on April 27, 2022 at 7:16 pm

Someone gave me a rosemary bush for Christmas and it’s shaped like a Christmas tree, but it doesn’t seem like typical rosemary? It’s more like pine needles. It does smell like rosemary though. I looked up Russian rosemary? I know I can’t eat this, it doesn’t seem like the herb type. But he’s turning a little brown near the bottom? Do I still water when completely dried out? Do you know what type of rosemary this might be? Thanks for the great tips on rosemary salt.

33. Claire Rodriguez on April 27, 2022 at 7:17 pm

Hmmm…I wonder if that’s why mine is getting diseased. I’m in 7a and kept it out over winter.

34. Luis Cervantes on April 27, 2022 at 7:17 pm

What a handsome male, i come from rosemary and i finish in love

35. Tim Conway on April 27, 2022 at 7:17 pm

I’ve propagated from a large (18 inches tall) woody cutting several times successfully.

36. Julie Ann Filter on April 27, 2022 at 7:18 pm

Quick question about top dressing around a perennial herb like rosemary: if growing these kinds of herbs in raised beds, what do you do when the soil drops? I have mine in a raised bed and I need to add more matter for the soil to raise back up, but I’d end up covering part of the stem of my rosemary (or other herbs like sage or chamomile). How do I do this to increase the soil back to the top of the bed?

37. Furzanne KA on April 27, 2022 at 7:20 pm

Hi Kevin, wud really appreciate, in your future info on any plants, that u include any said plants, if it can be planted in the tropic pls. Thk u. I follow your channel from Malaysia. Thank you!🙏💖

38. Heather Maestas on April 27, 2022 at 7:21 pm

I’ve always had no luck growing cilantro.
    I recently saw a video that told me to plant I the fall. So far I haven’t killed it.

39. Aisha EXO-L on April 27, 2022 at 7:22 pm

My aunt have two plants of rosemary, I have hardship growing them

40. Natanael Dimas Wicaksana on April 27, 2022 at 7:23 pm

ou but my rosemary die(im so bad)

41. PhatKat Reigns on April 27, 2022 at 7:24 pm

That lavender is Beautiful!!!💜

42. Jessi Coombs on April 27, 2022 at 7:24 pm

Love the kitchen aspect you have been adding! Excellent!

43. Dan Simmons on April 27, 2022 at 7:26 pm

Hi Kevin and a very good day to you, this is Dan in West Virginia,
    First of all you articulate extremely well on how to grow herbs. I’m sure you could do just about anything when it comes to teaching and producing a clear concise video. Thank you! One of my favorite herbs is Rosemary because of what you described in your video today, January 2022 and although I’m on the southern tip Virginia West Virginia right now the temperature outside is 25 degrees F. I’m not getting much interior light at the moment because I have my windows covered for insulation purposes and I live semi off-grid and use generaterating power. Any suggestions Keeping My Rosemary healthy during the winter and early spring cycle? Thank you Kevin!

44. ohdaUtube on April 27, 2022 at 7:27 pm

Hmm the tips of the rosemary on the bottom have started turning brown when indoors. I did spray a mist of water twice on the leaves each day. If it likes dry condition, why the browning?

45. Cassandra Brookover on April 27, 2022 at 7:28 pm

This made me feel better

46. Nick Cullen on April 27, 2022 at 7:29 pm

Hahaha golden rain

47. Sharon Horner Gant on April 27, 2022 at 7:29 pm

Where do I buy the panel like the one in the rosemary bed. I found one at Tractor supply, but the spaces are smaller and I like this big-squares spacing.

48. Dave Schmidt on April 27, 2022 at 7:30 pm

Thank you! I must have killed with love. Too much fertilizer and water.

49. peter getti on April 27, 2022 at 7:32 pm

I live in zone 7a in north Georgia. I’ve put out rosemary in the spring and in the fall it would dye. 2 years ago I again planted rosemary, and about midway through i neglected it. Just left in the pot if it rained it got watered. It died back during the cold and I though was done. I left it alone until the next year and it green back up. This past winter it never died back it stayed green all through the winter, and it doing great. I don’t now the variety. It came from Bonnie nursery which most big box stores sell here in Georgia.

50. Ami Flores on April 27, 2022 at 7:34 pm

You definitely just made a watersports joke and I respect your courage.