Keepers From Our Vegetable Garden. Stuff Worth Growing Again.

Keepers From Our Vegetable Garden. Stuff Worth Growing Again.

Every year, I take a look at what I’ve grown, and I decide what is worth growing again, and what isn’t. Sometimes I’m able to make that decision much earlier. This is a look at this years keepers.

Subscribe at: https://www.youtube.com/user/WarLetters

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/midwestgardener

1. Cindy Strong on April 27, 2022 at 6:15 pm

Beautiful garden!

2. LucasGrowsBest on April 27, 2022 at 6:16 pm

Hey Jim hope all is well with you and yours. Your plants are still nice and green but I can tell that fall is taking its toll on the garden. Lots of green tomatoes, I wonder why they aren’t ripening.. had the same problem with mine. Us gardeners will have to grow some things indoors to stay sane this winter. I think I might put a cactus or two under my grow light. Anyways, thanks for the nice video and I hope you have a good day. Best regards, Lucas

3. Ally Chamroo on April 27, 2022 at 6:17 pm

very beautiful video,lovely garden like it,,,ty

4. James Quinsler on April 27, 2022 at 6:19 pm

Great varieties! Thanks for all the videos I learn a ton!:)

5. BobMel simple living on April 27, 2022 at 6:19 pm

Plenty of keepers Jim. Your garden is still looking great. Best wishes Bob.

6. 50 shades of green on April 27, 2022 at 6:25 pm

another great update and tour of the plot today Jim !! thanks for sharing

7. P. C. on April 27, 2022 at 6:31 pm

Oh yeah! Loved this video.
    I’m stunned to see how well everything is doing and I’m super happy about your black cherry tomato being a keeper. I just hope you get something from your yakon and you like the taste. I watched everything you had to do to this plant from above the soil. I can’t wait to see what comes out from underneath the soil! Thanks for sharing your keepers. I think you have given people a lot of ideas on what to try in their gardens :-)👍

8. Little Bean's Garden on April 27, 2022 at 6:33 pm

Your whole garden always looks stunning! My favorite from all you showed is the cotton. Totally enjoyed the way you divided the content, keeper, repeat and too early to tell, big thumbs up 😊

9. UT33200 on April 27, 2022 at 6:34 pm

Good info and vid! I forgot to chew you out this year for making so much content with so much variety. In a good way. I already have Carbon seeds and Cherokee seeds for gardens next year. My wife stumbled by during your Eva Purple vid and now that is a mandatory grab for us. The Solar Flare is out for us and the Lucid Gem is in. The SF may not be a bad grow, but kinda got the impression it is mostly flash whereas the LG is the much better choice. TBH I mostly avoided and may continue to small cherry style tomatoes. My space is just too small and they seem to get out of hand so fast. I’ve got local Black Krim seeds already and stumbled on your older vid about them recently. I also ended up with White Wonder heirloom seeds locally. Plan to give them a try. Not much online about them. White "this & that" tomatoes, but not specifically the White Wonder. Will have to see what happens. Just a ton of good info this year and older stuff to reference as well. That’s just some of the tomato stuff and I could babble on forever. Your community as well! That needs to be mentioned before this gets too long. I’ve seen some really awesome stuff this year from you and your community. Whether it’s been whatever the heck a "Baby Scoby" is, to mushrooms confusion in compost, to beautiful caterpillars  destroying a beautiful plant and everything in between, it is intriguing to see and my thanks to all of you.

10. Hydroponic Gardening & More with Brent on April 27, 2022 at 6:40 pm

Good to know. Soon it’ll be all new stuff and whittling it down. Look forward to that.

11. Isaac Frerichs on April 27, 2022 at 6:42 pm

I LIVE once Texas and looking to find tomatoes that do well in hot humid direct sunlight. Any recommendations?

12. A little dirt never hurt on April 27, 2022 at 6:45 pm

That was enjoyable! Nice to see only the good stuff every now and again. I have enough things I need to do better at, so seeing all the plants that are rocking is motivation for next year. I am so curious what those spiky fruit taste like. I sure hope they taste great, I’m also hoping for a taste test vid! Have a great weekend Jim:)

13. Healthy Life Farm on April 27, 2022 at 6:46 pm

Beautiful garden update and I like those Listada eggplants as well, they are so pretty and taste delicious. Lots of wonderful keepers… 🙂

14. Kevin Bradley Gardening and Outdoors on April 27, 2022 at 6:48 pm

Nice selection of keepers. 🙂

15. The Gardening Addict Channel on April 27, 2022 at 6:51 pm

Hey Jim, looks like you have a lot of pepper "keepers". I can’t wait to try the eva purple ball tomato, I got seeds. That black cherry is ALWAYS… a keeper for me… :-). I’m going to try the box car willie again… since I didn’t get any last season. Looking forward to see what going to to be new… TFS T

16. Dolly Perry on April 27, 2022 at 6:54 pm

Frost coming this week and I will be pulling up all the tomatoes today….Sad day.

17. Carol Maltsbarger on April 27, 2022 at 7:02 pm

Thanks. I enjoy your channel. Very informative. Your garden is amazing!

18. Mick Watson on April 27, 2022 at 7:03 pm

you have had a good year Jim, lots of keepers that produced!!!

19. Sue Fernandes on April 27, 2022 at 7:04 pm

Hi Jim, i really like your list of to grow again :)) Must say its been an absolute pleasure watching your garden this season ☺

20. scott FOSS on April 27, 2022 at 7:10 pm