FAST and EASY Plastic Barrel Planter • Budget build for your garden

FAST and EASY Plastic Barrel Planter • Budget build for your garden

FAST and EASY Plastic Barrel Planter

Today we are making a super super inexpensive raised vegetable bed. Made from 55 gallon plastic barrel. These things are fast, easy and cheap to make.

If you enjoyed FAST and EASY Plastic Barrel Planter
Check out this playlist: Our Gardening Playlist

Check out this video: Making your own potting mix

Replay this video: FAST and EASY Plastic Barrel Planter

Subscribe to this Channel: www.youtube.com/thelalafarm/?sub_conf…

Merchandise: www.teespring.com/stores/thelalafarm

02:58 How to cut your blue barrels
03:56 Prepping your lumber
04:48 Assembling the frame
15:08 EXTRA structural support
16:35 Leveling your bed
18:14 Thank you for your support

#Homestead #Homesteader #Homesteading #TheLalaFarm #HomesteadGardening #BudgetGardening

Our channel follows the day to day activities happening around LaLa Farm. LaLa Farm is a small, family owned farm located just south of the Florida – Georgia line in Glen Saint Mary, FL (Northeast Florida). We focus on producing small scale marketable farm products, while moving toward food self-sufficiency for our own family. We breed Registered Kiko, Boer, and Nubian goats for market and meat. We raise our own poultry for meat and eggs. We grow seasonal fruits and vegetables and maintain a colony of bees for honey and pollination of our plants. The goal of our YouTube channel is to educate and share with our customers, followers, and anyone else interested in the homesteading or small farm lifestyle – our approach to managing the little slice of paradise we call LaLa Farm. Our channel, just like the farm, is truly a family endeavor. On any given week, you may see videos from a number of family members depending on the video topic. Each of our family members has unique interests and skills that they bring to our farm. We would love to have you join us – the Robinson family – on our self-sufficiency and homesteading journey by subscribing to our channel.

1. Kidd Family Farm LLC on May 2, 2022 at 6:57 pm

Good for old people that we know.

2. No Email on May 2, 2022 at 6:59 pm

Looks neat and well thought out… Not just slapped together. I’m doing it!!

3. Cindy Gutha on May 2, 2022 at 7:01 pm

Thank you for the very helpful video .We will be making these for my new garden this year.Happy Gardening and have an Awesome Day!!

4. nbak3v on May 2, 2022 at 7:04 pm

Thank god i found this vid i was about to do a whole lots of work for nothing

5. benjamin sanchez on May 2, 2022 at 7:07 pm

So i had planned
    to do a planter box garden this year when i saw the prices of them got discouraged. I saw your video got a hold of some metal barrels used your measurements and now i have six planter boxes. Thank you so much for the video it was really easy to do and lots of fun. Great video

6. James Law on May 2, 2022 at 7:08 pm

I hope you don’t mind me taking your idea and telling my wife I thought of this…after I make her a couple…lol….only thing I’m going to add is drain holes in the bottom and get a piece of eaves trough that should fit underneath the barrel strapped with unistrap at one end to flow any run off water into a five gallon bucket… That way I can use horse manure on the bottom three inches and good soil on the top seven inches..
    Thank you young man for keeping this a play by play video , simple and effective , I wish my shop teacher in high school was more informative like you, 👍 👍 🇨🇦

7. Vale das Brumas on May 2, 2022 at 7:09 pm

Amazing ideia, thanks for sharing =D. Hugs from Brazil.

8. Krazykitty57 on May 2, 2022 at 7:20 pm

I bought 11 barrels last year 5.00 each off Craigslist and have tried hiring someone to make frames 2ft tall.. I have a sitting bench I will use to weed and garden with. Mine contained syrup for soda, food grade. Noone available so i do have a sawsaw. Will do these myself. Thanks so much.

9. Jason Hagerman on May 2, 2022 at 7:23 pm

This is an awesome video. I’ve been looking for a way to make inexpensive raised beds. Thank you.

10. Stephen T Shipley on May 2, 2022 at 7:23 pm

Awesome! Remember bleach is one of those miracle chemicals. Inert after 3 days, if I’m not mistaken. But always a good idea to rinse and let the sun take care of them.

11. Trish Lee on May 2, 2022 at 7:24 pm

Really appreciate you for taking your time and effort in this project, that was a success and the result are so nice Rick! Glad you shared the tutorial and your ideas with us! Keep sharing!❤

12. FARM AND HVAC on May 2, 2022 at 7:24 pm

I love this idea,we don’t have bend down to work on the raised beds.Have a great week.

13. Finding Happiness In All You Do on May 2, 2022 at 7:26 pm

Very good information that you shared and great work that’s a good idea

14. karrskarr on May 2, 2022 at 7:26 pm

Thank you great video!

15. Everything Shakes on May 2, 2022 at 7:27 pm

Awesome video as usual 😎

16. Martin Midlife Misadventures on May 2, 2022 at 7:28 pm

This is such a great idea! Thank you for teaching us to make them. That is so great you are starting a garden by your house. Have a great night!!!❤

17. Paulla Wells on May 2, 2022 at 7:30 pm

Very good video! Thanks!

18. Twin Brook Acres on May 2, 2022 at 7:31 pm

Nice job, Rick.

19. Camppatton Family Compound on May 2, 2022 at 7:32 pm

Mine are quicker to make and easier to move around

20. Someplace or Another on May 2, 2022 at 7:33 pm

Great idea for a quick raised bed 👍🍻

21. Walsh Homestead Adventures on May 2, 2022 at 7:34 pm

Nice job Little Rick, thanks for sharing. Take care and have a blessed week my friend

22. A P on May 2, 2022 at 7:35 pm

Great job. You have inspired me and I’m a woman. I believe I can do this. My husband made some above ground beds and used the barrels. I have used them 6 yrs now… Thanks for sharing…God bless you and may your plants flourish..

23. SIC-N-TIRED TIRED on May 2, 2022 at 7:36 pm

Great video straight-to-the-point without all the BS just what we like. 👍

24. Gary on May 2, 2022 at 7:39 pm

Nice video thanks. Was thinking of building one but my idea was more complex. This is a much better idea

25. Down Under Fulla on May 2, 2022 at 7:43 pm

Great instructional video Rick. Another YTer I follow is from Tasman in New Zealand. He uses mussel bouys for his containers🍺🍺

26. Redbird Farm on May 2, 2022 at 7:44 pm

Great job! Will be trying them out!

27. Tip Krimont on May 2, 2022 at 7:48 pm

What ab great way to make horizontal raised garden beds from 55 gal plastic barrels! the easiest build I have seen on Youtube using the least amount of material.. Awesome way to level, thanks for the video.

28. Hedgehog’s Homestead on May 2, 2022 at 7:50 pm

that would be good for so one in a wheel chair

29. Michael & Bobbi Harris on May 2, 2022 at 7:51 pm

Good video lil Rick. Very informative. Prep your wood🤣🤣

30. Robin's Tiny Homestead on May 2, 2022 at 7:52 pm

That’s a great idea. If I just had someone handy around to make some. Have a good night :-):-):-)

31. What's Cooking At Mom's Kitchen on May 2, 2022 at 7:53 pm

Wow! I love all those raised DIY garden beds! I’ll be waiting for all the vegetables, herbs, and what have you on those practical beds! Thanks for sharing this video ❤

32. JESUS IS LORD on May 2, 2022 at 7:54 pm