Mowing VS Hardscaping: Which One is Better? (we do both!)

Mowing VS Hardscaping: Which One is Better? (we do both!)

Are you thinking about starting a lawn care and mowing business or a hardscaping and landscaping business? Which one is better? Can you do both?

You can absolutely build a system-oriented hardscaping/landscaping business that runs without the owner. The key is buildings SYSTEMS that run the business, instead of you (the owner).

Mowing is a great way to get started for less money upfront and then if you are passionate about hardscaping you can always make the switch.

Here are a couple good channels to follow for project based work and hardscaping:
@Stanley “Dirt Monkey” Genadek
@Tigran Gertz
@Keith Kalfas

Get Your Landscape Business Website Built:
❌ LAWN CARE WEB DESIGN: https://www.LawnCareWebDesign.com

Learn How to Build a $100K/Month Landscape Business:
⚠️ ONLINE LANDSCAPING COURSE: https://www.landscapebusinesscourse.com

Door Hangers, PostCards, Flyers, Yard Signs
💰PRINT MARKETING TEMPLATES: https://www.lawncaremedia.com

💰PAYROLL AND BOOKKEEPING: https://lawncarebookkeeper.com/

Join Augusta Lawn Care:
⛔️ LAWN CARE FRANCHISE: https://www.AugustaLawnCareServices.com/franchise

Get Business Consulting From Mike:
📲 45 MINUTE COACHING CALL: https://www.landscapebusinesscourse.com/coach

👨🏫MBA for Entrepreneurs Online Course: https://www.landscapebusinesscourse.com/mba
(use the coupon code “presale” for 40% discount💰)

📱 Join the Texting Platform for Q&A 📱
Text the word “landscaping” to 360.227.6362

❎ FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/themikeandes
❎ EMAIL: landscapebusinesscourse@gmail.com

#LawnCareBusiness #LandscapingBusiness #MikeAndes

1. Dentist in Tooele Utah on May 2, 2022 at 6:43 pm

mike you genius

2. Alex Profits on May 2, 2022 at 6:45 pm

Trying to find employees for mowing is like finding a needle in a haystack

3. Mike Andes on May 2, 2022 at 6:49 pm

*_Did you get started with PROJECTS or MOWING? What percentage of your revenue comes from hardscaping now?_*

4. Adrian Perez on May 2, 2022 at 6:50 pm

Hi I love ur video and my dad do his own company too

5. nature healing on May 2, 2022 at 6:54 pm

I’m work in maintenance garden for 5 years in phuket,Thailand .working hard for good money
    We looking at 9 villas. How can you get more customer?
    You are my idol.🙏

6. Busy Bee Lawn Service on May 2, 2022 at 6:55 pm

Still think you guys should go on a date.

7. HHProgressiveconstruction on May 2, 2022 at 6:55 pm

The employee market is so hard right now . Burger chain here starting people at $18 hour with $1,000 sign on bonus . Hard to keep hardscaping employees with skills .

8. Nick sheehan. landscaping on May 2, 2022 at 6:57 pm

Thanks for the info buddy I’m starting with a lawn biz and slowly working for landscaping.. 40 lawns and about 3 landscaping projects lined up. Keep on hustling…

9. Lawn Care Pros LLC on May 2, 2022 at 6:57 pm

Thank you for explaining how to approach different services. Specially for the beginners who need guidance and not confusion, encouragement and not to be called stupid! I know you are not responding to anyone. But I do applaud you for your passion to help and educate others.

10. mylkyboy on May 2, 2022 at 6:58 pm

Another simple & well explained video on the basics of our industry, well done!!

11. Matt's firewood videos on May 2, 2022 at 6:59 pm

Very clever 👏offer limited style jobs that way your men can be doing the same type of work and get really efficient at it I like your thought process

12. Andy L on May 2, 2022 at 7:03 pm

I am not a landscaper, please explain why they were putting the fabric onto the existing grass??? Love the videos keep up the good work

13. Daniel Meza on May 2, 2022 at 7:10 pm

Hey mike, after how many years in business did u get insured and licensed?

14. ADVENTURES IN LAWN CARE on May 2, 2022 at 7:10 pm

I prefer Lawn Maintenance and Softscaping. Mulch,gravel,steel edging installations. Another great video!

15. Ken Lynn on May 2, 2022 at 7:13 pm

Better advice then "other" people on YouTube

16. Freedom Rider on May 2, 2022 at 7:15 pm

Landscaping is where the money is but we started are business with just lawns

17. Willie's Lawn Care Service. on May 2, 2022 at 7:20 pm

😜👍👍👍👍👍👍👍⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐👍

18. Gabriella Houx on May 2, 2022 at 7:26 pm

When you guys lay out fabric do you guys generally lay it out under bushes and trees, do you just cut a cricle around the bush or tree, or does it depend on how the homeowner wants it?

19. Troxel Services on May 2, 2022 at 7:28 pm

Information driven, practical yet exceptional advice! Thanks Mike!

20. Aidan Callen on May 2, 2022 at 7:29 pm

Good video with good advice…I’m 16 and I’ve got a diesel pickup and a dump truck with a trailer and equipment ready to go…my summer job wasn’t all landscape but did plenty of it over 3 years there…after work I go to my bosses house and that’s where I’ve really learned about landscaping…I’ve mulched his entire property for 2 seasons now, I pull all the weeds, weed whack and hedge trim. This spring I’m knocking on doors and am really going to try to make this happen. I’m used to long hours in the heat so if I can land jobs we’ll be good.
    Anyways thanks for this videos

21. Bryant Olmos on May 2, 2022 at 7:29 pm

I love watching your videos especially after watching some of Tigrans. This is very helpful information for someone that wants to start their landscaping business. I’ve been landscaping for 10 years now and I can tell you that hardscape has so many risks but like you said you can make a ton of money.

22. Matt on May 2, 2022 at 7:30 pm

I’m a solo guy. I somehow manage to do commercial maintenance monday (2 decent size contracts), tuesday/wednesday is hardscaping (did pavers today!) And thursday/friday is my residential mows. Maybe not so simple, but I like it 😎😆

23. Marcus Valencia on May 2, 2022 at 7:30 pm

Great video but I think you are confusing the roles of a project manager and a foreman. You can quote and manage jobs without having to know exactly how to it. You hire a skilled foreman for actual working on the site. Yes you are you paying them more, but you are also charging more so no need to get stressed about higher wages. Simplifying services in construction means you only offer certain services. Example: we may install 2000 sqft of pavers but we won’t install 2000 sqft of concrete. We plant plants, but we don’t plant large trees. Please don’t offer a customer only one kind of paver and call yourself a hardscape installer, you are doing a disservice to yourself and them by making it way more complicated than it really is.

24. lllPr0pheTlll on May 2, 2022 at 7:32 pm

pavers shouldn’t be lower then the turf level.

25. dennis Saldana on May 2, 2022 at 7:35 pm

Mike enano

26. Seth Rambo on May 2, 2022 at 7:37 pm

This video is very good

27. Brandt Bagwell on May 2, 2022 at 7:37 pm

is this in response to Tigran Gertz recent video

28. Ryan The entrepreneur on May 2, 2022 at 7:37 pm

Spend the extra time and remove the sod before installing weed barrier.

29. Cj K on May 2, 2022 at 7:38 pm

Great video and how did you learn how to do patios did you hire someone that already knew how to install them ? And learn off them

30. Darian Bentley on May 2, 2022 at 7:39 pm

Mike I loved this video but you don’t answer your own question! Which is better?? It’s very hard to build both at the same time, they really detract from each other. This video really got me thinking. I posed a question in the landscape business course group that got a lot of responses. I think I know what I need to do but I’m still unsure! So much more money in construction. My thoughts are that I’m just gonna slowly jack up prices on maintenance and really narrow down my maintenance clients to the very best clients. New maintenance clients get crazy high prices. What do you think??

31. J J on May 2, 2022 at 7:42 pm

Good vid. How come your guys only pull weeds by hand? Could be more efficient by loosening grass roots with pitchfork / loop hoe / or even a hori hori.

32. TREYVON LANW SERVICE on May 2, 2022 at 7:42 pm