Grow Cannabis on your Windowsill!

Grow Cannabis on your Windowsill!

No room for a grow tent – why not try your windowsill?

Not all of us or, in fact, quite a few of us just don’t have room for a grow tent where we live.

Maybe you share a house with friends who aren’t avid potheads, or perhaps you live in a bedsit.

Ideally you need a spare room for a grow tent if you don’t want it to become the focal point of your entire life.

So what if there just isn’t the room, what then?

Well, what’s wrong with your windowsill, as long as it doesn’t face due north?

Okay, it’s not so easy to control the growing environment, and you can’t control the hours of daylight the way you can with an independent lighting system, but that’s not a crisis.

Aside from that, the only other downside is that if your windowsill is on the first two floors of the
property, passersby, who generally tend to have a nosey nature, may spot your botanical exploits.

In order of priority, you want a south-, east-, or west-facing window. West-facing is not brilliant as the afternoon sun tends to be more dehydrating in strength.

You can increase the light with LED lights that you can buy which have a flexible stand so you can direct the light accurately. However, we recommend that you only do this with the curtains drawn as you’ll attract as much attention as a hooker does with a red light in her window!

Your next potential problem is keeping the soil sufficiently moist, but without keeping it permanently waterlogged.

If you can’t afford a connected moisture sensor, then it’s down to sticking your finger in the soil. If nothing sticks to it, then the plant needs watering.

Just make sure you get no water on the leaves as drops of water act like mini magnifying glasses and you’ll burn the leaves on a sunny day.

Choosing the right pot can also help with potential watering problems.

Obviously you don’t want a ten litre pot if you have a narrow windowsill, but anything from two litres upwards will do, bearing in mind that the smaller the pot equals the smaller the plant.

Then comes the soil, and with limited space, nutrient-rich soil is essential. The soil should be rich and dark, but still airy, not claggy and clay-like.

Make sure that as well as abundant micronutrients, you have plenty of nitrogen, potassium and phosphorous in the soil.

Finally, you have the choice of plant, and some strains will give you far better yields than others in the less-than-perfect growing environment.

Try varieties such as Auto White Widow, which in a windowsill, will grow up to about 60cm in height. After all, you don’t want plants blocking out all the light from entering the room!

There’s also Formula one auto and quick one, whose names are pretty self-explanatory.
Of course there is one great advantage of growing your cannabis plants on a windowsill, and that providing the window opens, you have plenty of ventilation to avoid the tell-tale smell of terpenes as the plant matures!

Have you grown plants on your windowsill before? Let us know how it went in the comment section below, and of course if you enjoyed this video make sure to like and subscribe so you too can become a cannabis expert!

1. Organnabis Grow on May 4, 2022 at 6:59 pm

Lmao this is the way

2. Jack Rivett on May 4, 2022 at 7:05 pm

Got a grow consisting of OG kush and Kera Amnesia that I started on my windowsill and the plants are doing very good outdoors now 👍

3. TG it's my Dad on May 4, 2022 at 7:05 pm

I think that in this video it should be worth a mention that you should certainly wait until after the start of spring and more importantly if you have a clone you have gotten over the winter. You should definitely wait until there are at least 14 hours of light before you place it in your window.

4. Welsh Woody on May 4, 2022 at 7:09 pm

Why not!

5. Jeff N Garden on May 4, 2022 at 7:09 pm

I do this with small plants and mix with led the plants crave sunlight

6. James Challis on May 4, 2022 at 7:10 pm

Gonna drop a fastbuds autoflower skittles and see what happwns

7. Smokescreen TV on May 4, 2022 at 7:12 pm

Bong On

8. Lora Dora on May 4, 2022 at 7:16 pm

I’ve always grown my weed on a south facing windowsill and then LED on a night and it’s the best weed I’ve ever smoked. My friends agree. Also lucky I have French doors. So when they get big, they go in front of them.

9. Nicole Petro on May 4, 2022 at 7:22 pm

Question, if I have a 2 foot plant in a 20 gallon pot, meaning the roots haven’t spread much, when I check the water with my water meter, it says the middle is dry but the very bottom is wet do I water the plant? I don’t want any issues

10. car list on May 4, 2022 at 7:24 pm

Your the most informative growing channel out there keep up the great work

11. Zeebone Grows on May 4, 2022 at 7:25 pm

👍

12. 420 Troll on May 4, 2022 at 7:32 pm

anyone who tries this is soooo noob that they might as well just stick to buying cannabis. this will never produce anything that’s worth your time. also, i love how this video glosses over the dilemma of where to dry your 5g of windowsill cannabis…

13. Baddy51 on May 4, 2022 at 7:33 pm

the real hard thing is to decide what strain to grow…

14. Wes on May 4, 2022 at 7:36 pm

No just no. Will be weak and minimal.

15. 101Tuttle on May 4, 2022 at 7:36 pm

Its perfectly legal to grow cannabis plants in Canada as long as they can’t be seen from a public space and are in a fenced in area that is locked. Even then there are people who rip off any grow they can smell and have no problem breaking into your yard or house to do so.

16. ElevatedGrub Gardens on May 4, 2022 at 7:37 pm

Doing this right now with a 42 Fast Buds Original Cheese Auto seed

17. nba live mobail on May 4, 2022 at 7:40 pm

The sun directly wont come in my balcony but the light comes behind one more bulding is their so i cant get direct sun but the sun lite will come till morning 7am to 4pm so does by plant grow im germinating the seeds of whit widow will it works ??

18. Jeff N Garden on May 4, 2022 at 7:42 pm

You can use sunlight from your window it works! Perfect for veg

19. 8lack angel on May 4, 2022 at 7:46 pm

Why have they never mentioned an "ollas" before im using it in a cloth pot and it is defiantly keeping me from over or under watering my plants all i do is mist them and wet the soil thats dry each day

20. AluDono on May 4, 2022 at 7:48 pm

Ok, so I see there is some ppl that are saying it wont work, I have tried, and my only answer is "xD?"
    English is not my native, sorry if something is not understandable.
    So let’s start by that:

I have a roof window and directly under it a table. So I guess that is not much difference between this and windowsill.
    My window is facing south, so I give it a shot. This is how it went:

> I planted 4 OG Kush Autos in Plagron Batmix soil, 4 liters fabric pots. Directly seed into soil (Here growers will eat me for not germinating seeds in some weird way).
    > After 4 days I seen them poping out from soil, give them just ph water and leave them to grow.
    > And here at day 6 I got THE ONLY PROBLEM, 3 of 4 plants got very tall with small stemps while looking for light that they lost stability and fell, so I make for them a stablisation with some toothpicks and thread to help them going up.
    > Start of the plants was kinda slow, long stemps with small leaves.
    > As soon as the 4th level of leaves shows it self I did LST. and it was a good decision.
    > There is a thing, the start is slow, but more LST you do, the faster plant is growing because it got more surface to get energy from the sun.
    > After 3-4 weeks I spoted 1st pistols on all of my girls, so the flowering will begin.
    > While 1st week of lowering, when plants were getting up a lot, I did LST almost everyday, to make them as flat as I could.
    > I let them flower around next couple of weeks until I seen ambers and leaves start to go yellow.
    > And oh boy oh boy, they were one of my best plants, from 4 plants I got almost 250 grams of wet trim.
    > Buds were much nicer and bigger that ones that were grown under cfl lights.

And here is a conclusion, I spend around 30 dollars for soil and seed, and I gathered smoking for like a year (at least for me, it enough for a year) 0$ electric lost.
    I wish I know that I can grow that way before I spend money of grows before.

There are a couple of things worth to mention, like:
    > With Batmix soil I dont use additional nutriens or callmag, at least for autolowers, I feed them only ph balanced water, I think this soil got enough nutriens in it to make happy autoflower, and it works for me.
    > I am not a guy with termostat in home, I dont check humidity or temperature in my room.
    > I love cannabis flowering smell, so I dont ventilate room with a fan, just opening window for an hour a day to get fresh air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Remember guys, the growing gurus on forums, can guide you, but have some fun and try something new before you say "it wont work"
    Find your own way to enjoy growing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I guess down in the comment section there will be people that say "250 grams from 4 plants is shitty grow", and ok, you can think that way, If I spend 30$ and got 250 grams I’m really happy and I don’t need more.
    The thing is that growing this way is possible, and results are amazing if you look how much did you spend.
    At the end of the day, it’s not about the outcome and how much will you got from it, I just love growing cannabis, I could not smoke it, I just love to look how it grows and love to see how it responds to lst.
    It’s the most pleasant way of growing weed that I have tried. And definitely when days will start to being longer than nights, there will be new plants under my window.
    I wish you all happy autoflowers on windowsill in 2022.

21. Ryan Spark1033 on May 4, 2022 at 7:50 pm

No! It will not work well enough to be consumable. Do it right or don’t bother

22. FatBudz on May 4, 2022 at 7:50 pm

Lowryder Autos are great for this. I have a 2x2x4 tent with 5 x 1.5 gallon pots and a 300w led with a 6 inch fan with LowRyders growing right now. They only get about 16 inches tall and yield about 1-2 oz’s per plant.

23. bollocks on May 4, 2022 at 7:52 pm

Okay so with my newest plant I have soil from my garden which is rich in nitrogen I even have some worms in the pot which are doing it great has anyone else put worms in their mix?

24. ME on May 4, 2022 at 7:52 pm

.!ï.

25. Oskar Baranov on May 4, 2022 at 7:52 pm

I would but I wont they will put me in jail lol

26. Brooks Thompson on May 4, 2022 at 7:56 pm

I had to get a tent and an ac infinti system, i use air pots and go grow pots with a five gallon resivoir,promix soil and various nutes, the window sill was not that good for me

27. Mason Troglen on May 4, 2022 at 7:57 pm

I need some autoflowers dang it

28. Chemtrail Warrior on May 4, 2022 at 7:58 pm

I put my plants in the windows during that day and then under lights at night. It’s working ok. I’m finding it hard to know which lights to use. I only grow one or two plants at a time. Any help?