In this video I’d like to answer some of your most frequently asked questions about the Ruth Stout method, and about growing no-dig vegetables under mulch.
1. (1:00) Where are you located?
2. (1:34) When you say “hay”, do you actually mean “straw”?
3. (4:02) What do you mean by “spoiled hay”?
4. (5:29) Does deep mulch eliminate ALL weeding?
5. (6:40) What about weed seeds that come IN the hay?
6. (7:41) How much water?
7. (8:18) What about “unwanted visitors”?
8. (9:19) Are the potatoes less nutritious or less flavourful?
9. (10:05) Can you grow other vegetables like this?
10. (11:27) Make sure your natural mulch is ACTUALLY natural
Plant Hardiness Zone, Rainfall, and Other Important Information
Where We Get FREE Garden Mulch
Our Deep-Mulch Vegetable Garden After TWO MONTHS of Complete Neglect
Companion Planting Asparagus and Strawberries (No-till, Ruth Stout)
Spring Prep in our “No-Work” Garden, and an EASIER way to Spread Mulch
Preparing our Hugelkultur Garden for Winter: Chop and Drop
The Ruth Stout Method of Permaculture
337 lbs of Potatoes! NO digging, NO watering, and VERY LITTLE work!
Planting Potatoes in a Ruth Stout Permaculture Garden (QUICK and EASY)
Results from our NO DIG and NO WATER potato experiment (Ruth Stout Method)
Companion Planting Carrots, Radishes and Onions in a Ruth Stout (HAY-ONLY) Garden
Results and Lessons Learned from our Carrot, Onion, and Radish Experiment
Winter Ruth Stout Permaculture Update and HAY vs STRAW