How to plant and grow Passion Fruit in a container. Avoiding suckers in my garden. Tips on growing.

G’day and in this video I up pot my passion fruit and plant it into a bigger container to minimize sucker growth in my garden. Growing tips are a plenty in this how to plant and grow passion fruit video.

Please let YouTube know my video was interesting, by commenting and hitting the like button or even subscribing. Thanks very much if you do so.
___________________________________________

G’day everyone and welcome to My Aussie Garden & Kitchen.
My name is Darren, but please call me Daz ( nickname for Darren).
In this channel I will be cooking various recipes, preserving, growing vegetables, growing fruit in my orchard, as well as raising chickens, tending to my worm farm and more…

Thanks so much for watching one of my videos,
Daz.

#howtoplantpassionfruit #howtogrowpassionfruit #passionfruitincontainers
#passionfruit

1. Ashim Das 'theMaster' on May 9, 2022 at 7:10 pm

What do you mean by suckers

2. Extra English | Olga Guba on May 9, 2022 at 7:11 pm

Sending all the good vibes and wishing you the best of luck!

3. Tony Jeffries on May 9, 2022 at 7:11 pm

Hi I’ve got seedlings that are doing really well. Don’t want to put them in the ground, don’t want suckers etc, so if we go a big enough pot and train the vine around our verandah, do you teckon it wil fruit? Obviously we will need to look after it’s needs, but keen to know. Thanks, btw love your channel and your advice, especially as I’m a rank beginner

4. Erbauung stützt auf Gnade on May 9, 2022 at 7:12 pm

Thank you that was helpfull.

5. Roxy C on May 9, 2022 at 7:12 pm

Thanks Daz! Love the vid’s! What size pot did you use for the passionfruit? Cheers, from Perth☀🌻

6. art wallace on May 9, 2022 at 7:13 pm

Dogs are always allowed to be dogs! 🐶 Have you ever tried to cut and re-root from the woody base of a passion fruit plant? I have one growing from a “v”, so two equally sized stalks…but I’d really like to move one of them if I could. Also, have you ever let one go up into another tree? I’m thinking about letting it go up into a crepe myrtle tree. I’m not concerned about the tree at all. Thanks!

7. Chai tanya on May 9, 2022 at 7:17 pm

Hi, me from India…hw much big container u used?

8. Bambam Velazquez on May 9, 2022 at 7:21 pm

Hi 👋 how come flowers die ?

9. Above Always on May 9, 2022 at 7:21 pm

Cool tip thank you!

10. Ester Joy on May 9, 2022 at 7:21 pm

What are suckers? 😧 some kind of pest?

11. Desert Adventures in Arizona on May 9, 2022 at 7:22 pm

Hey Daz! This popped up on my feed so am watching it 7 months after you made it! Still very relevant today! Here in the Desert with very little rain, I’ve learned how to use raised beds and plastic totes to grow vegis. We mix our bagged soil with existing sand from our place. Nitrogen/Blood Meal helps our plants as well 👍 Steve

12. Grafted Branch Homestead on May 9, 2022 at 7:24 pm

Love the video. Very helpful…. think I need to do some more container growing, and yum passion fruit:) I’m not sure I could get it to grow in the high desert but am going to look into it 😀 or move soon hopefully to a better area 😀. Dogs are too much fun, seems mines the loudest when I’m trying to film lol. Thanks Daz for all the steps you show in your videos, very detailed and informative and what I need

13. Jillian Michalas on May 9, 2022 at 7:24 pm

How b big a pot is t pals

14. Rex D'Ath on May 9, 2022 at 7:24 pm

Is it possible to half bury the pots to control water evaporation or is there a problem doing this?

15. H.O.P.E bus on May 9, 2022 at 7:25 pm

I wish I could grow passion fruit . That thing grows crazy .
    U have saved my garden in so many ways . 🙏🏼 Thanks for sharing 💫

16. john giang on May 9, 2022 at 7:26 pm

Hi Daz, Great video & tips. Just a quick question if I may, I don’t know why some of my fruits growing into an odd shape like it’s wilted and drop off no matter the size, some are small, some are medium, like it’s not enough water in them, but I know they’re not ripe yet, any tips or ideas what I can do would be much appreciated, many thanks.

17. Bruce Adam on May 9, 2022 at 7:27 pm

Thank you for sharing this excellent video. some very good tips.

18. R1D9M8B4 on May 9, 2022 at 7:28 pm

You are the only one that spoke English that told me what I needed to hear about passion fruit. Thank you Daz. Also… Children and Pets will be what they will be. Anyone complaining about the noise, to me at least, is like complaining that the sun is too bright. I appreciate you caring about the quality of your video. You are awesome.

19. I'm a Star Citizen on May 9, 2022 at 7:29 pm

I have 6 small passion fruits ready to plant. 😅😦

20. TravelalongNZ on May 9, 2022 at 7:29 pm

Thanks for this video. Love the way you presented it. Show us your dog next time.

21. event HORIZON on May 9, 2022 at 7:32 pm

Just found your channel and love it…subscribed, like and now commented…helping your algorithm!!!…hello from Md, USA

22. diana wilson on May 9, 2022 at 7:33 pm

After the initial growth spurt, my passion fruit plant did not do well in the big black pot. I ended up planting it in the ground

23. itsastckup on May 9, 2022 at 7:33 pm

What size pot is that? I’m thinking of using a 10 gallon pot to put 2 or 3 passion plants in. What do you think of that?

24. Voon Chile on May 9, 2022 at 7:37 pm

Daz, This is a fantastic video. Great demonstration and information here.

25. Melissa H on May 9, 2022 at 7:38 pm

What are suckers?

26. Tiffany Q2U on May 9, 2022 at 7:39 pm

You’re a winner in my book 😊

27. Cody Moran on May 9, 2022 at 7:40 pm

Will it produce fruit in a container? I’m zone 6a, p. incarnata.

28. L P on May 9, 2022 at 7:41 pm

I can’t grow passionfruit in my area but I still found this interesting and informative. It’s sold in stores so why not know how our food grows! It really does take over wow. I do think it’s very cool to see the habit and nature of the non-native foods we eat. Eating blindly disconnects us. Thanks for sharing.

29. brianjosef47 on May 9, 2022 at 7:41 pm

Thanks Daz Great information . Keen to give it a try. Will let you you how we go. East coast NZ so should have plenty of sunshine. Brian J

30. meander49 on May 9, 2022 at 7:42 pm

Do you know if all the kinds of passiflora,are suitable for food?

31. Lukecis on May 9, 2022 at 7:43 pm

So, is that pot big enough for the passion fruit’s entire lifetime?

32. ZAP on May 9, 2022 at 7:44 pm

Thanks for sharing ❤️

33. r nilson on May 9, 2022 at 7:44 pm

Can the pot be smaller if say it went into another bigger pot and half way up with dirt and fertilized once or twice a month

34. Thornlessrose39 on May 9, 2022 at 7:49 pm

Thanx for your informative video on replanting passionfruit. I grew a Banana passionfruit about year ago from seed for the first time and it looks lush and green( has been kept indoors during Winter to protect from frost and was placed in my greenhouse by Spring) and is getting taller every day but I am wanting to grow it in a container rather than in the ground as we get frost in our area in Gippsland VIC. If you have any tips for me I would be very much appreciated. I am forever learning! I have added you to my Subscription list.

35. Marah Jalang on May 9, 2022 at 7:49 pm

Great information on how to grow and care for passionfruit plants. 💯❤👍

36. High Elevation Gardening in Chile, 11,640 ft on May 9, 2022 at 7:50 pm

Thanks, great video, great beard!! About the tip to cut off 1/3 of the flowering branch each year, that makes sense. I’ve seen it suggested (but can’t remember where) to cut back even more on the branches already flowered/fruited, do you have something else I can read about pruning the vines after flowering?

37. Agriculturists on May 9, 2022 at 7:54 pm

Nicely explained in detail.

38. Grace H C on May 9, 2022 at 7:55 pm

This was very informative thank you so much.

39. Wazowski on May 9, 2022 at 7:56 pm

I found that non grafted varieties are very invasive, haven’t had any probs with grafted plants sending out suckers. Love the video, cheers from Vic 😊👍

40. Princess Lilian's Gardens on May 9, 2022 at 7:57 pm

I keep watching your passionfruit and you say to remove all suckers. ,,, I believe three suckers and mainstem. Should I remove further suckers to create four straight arms

41. Marino's Mysteries on May 9, 2022 at 7:59 pm

Oh man, you really have something against suckers.

42. Boss Dog on May 9, 2022 at 8:00 pm

I just moved up to Central Queensland. I’ll give this a go. I just got some seeds the other day.

43. Brooklands Honey Bees on May 9, 2022 at 8:01 pm

Loving the videos! Some great information we really appreciate you sharing! Hope you are well

44. Wiccan Chickens Homestead on May 9, 2022 at 8:03 pm

Good information thank you
    Missy

45. The Stock Explorer on May 9, 2022 at 8:05 pm

Very cool and beard game is strong haha

46. Craig Lewis on May 9, 2022 at 8:06 pm

Great advice! Love ur channel!

47. Lisa Shreffler on May 9, 2022 at 8:06 pm

Is it realistic to keep smaller than the 20 ft you mentioned by keeping it in a container? I have flash backs to some trumpet vine that completely took over a barn on my grandparents property, so I’d like to grow my Passion flower in a pot and keep it smaller.

48. EarthWiseMe on May 9, 2022 at 8:08 pm

Great Video! Thank you! Daz

49. RandomToxicKid on May 9, 2022 at 8:08 pm

Can i grow more than two in one pot?

50. Sharon Wright on May 9, 2022 at 8:09 pm

I’ll take a photo later today to show you but….here in Montreal, winter is round the corner and a month ago I noticed a Passion Flower vine growing in a tiny five inch pot at the base of a telephone pole on Marquette! The vine is full of flowers about ten feet tall! I wish I could save it before the frost hits! No idea who put it there.