Planting the window box | Keeping it simple | The Impatient Gardener

Planting the window box | Keeping it simple | The Impatient Gardener

Planting up the window box but going a little simpler this year.

Soil used:
• Organic Mechanics Container Blend Potting Soil: https://organicmechanicsoil.com/product/organic-mechanics-container-blend-potting-soil/

Plants:
Verbena bonariensis ‘Meteor Shower’
Superbena ‘Royale Peachy Keen’
Licorice vine ‘Splash’
Hyacinth bean ‘Ruby Moon’
Supertunia mini vista ‘Morning Glory’

Some sponsored and affiliate links may appear. I may make a small commission if you purchase through these links. Thanks for your support. You can see all my favorite products on my Amazon storefront at https://www.amazon.com/shop/impatientgardener

My name is Erin and I love sharing inspiration and information with real-life gardeners. I live and garden in southeastern Wisconsin, zone 5.

#WindowBox #ContainerGardening #TheImpatientGardener

If you liked this video give it a thumbs up and if you loved it, please subscribe and click the bell so you never miss a new video! Thank you for your support.

🌿Blog: https://www.theimpatientgardener.com
🌿Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/impatientgardener
🌿Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/impatientgardener
📩 erin@theimpatientgardener.com

Mail to:
The Impatient Gardener
125 E. Main St.
Port Washington, WI 53074

1. nancy vance on May 13, 2022 at 7:40 pm

Love your property, your dog, your window box, and your whole channel. How’s that topiary you repotted by your garage doing?

2. bluesky7226 on May 13, 2022 at 7:40 pm

Love that meteor showers! Your window box will be beautiful.

3. shirley germain on May 13, 2022 at 7:42 pm

I planted lots of salvia

4. Shelli on May 13, 2022 at 7:43 pm

I too really struggled to find the annuals and perennials I was looking for this year. Luckily I propagated a bunch of lemon corral Sedum over winter and have those in containers and all over in the landscape this year.

5. Dawn Renae Carson on May 13, 2022 at 7:46 pm

How is that box supported?

6. Heather Summers on May 13, 2022 at 7:47 pm

Oh is that a self watering container? Awesome selection of plants!,

7. Sweet Stuff on May 13, 2022 at 7:50 pm

Absolutely love those colors! One day I WILL have flower boxes!

8. Judy Middleswart on May 13, 2022 at 7:52 pm

Ps your dogs are precious my best friend my sis is Dorothy

9. Winnie Kay on May 13, 2022 at 7:52 pm

@3:30 Good Boy 🐶

10. Mark Hinds on May 13, 2022 at 7:53 pm

I so loved your conversation with your pup:first a kiss to mom, then does what mom requests and lyes down I so love your presentation of plants and everything. Love your window box planter I may have missed- did your husband build it.? Or where did you obtain this planter, thank you for your vidios and everything

11. AJ Gem on May 13, 2022 at 7:54 pm

Oden! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

12. ELMA ElmaR on May 13, 2022 at 7:55 pm

Love love love the window box!!! Your newfie is so sweet!! We have a big black one named Bear Best dog ever!!

13. magslolz on May 13, 2022 at 7:57 pm

I used the peachy keen verbena in my containers this year too! with prince tut papyrus and supertunia honey in turquoise ceramic containers. I love how tropical it all looks together!

14. Rosa Moyles on May 13, 2022 at 7:59 pm

This year my favorite container has silver berry and snowdrift supertunia vista with diamond mountain euphorbia and lastly a pink dahlia. All PW! Laura has me sold on their plants 😂

15. C Jackson on May 13, 2022 at 7:59 pm

Omg, my Dane had the same type of cameo in a video my husband was doing for his business after a few shipments had to come to our home while the storefront was closed. There is something especially hilarious and goofy when a dog is giant! Oh…..loved the rest of the video too. 😋

16. Valium's Urban Jungle on May 13, 2022 at 7:59 pm

We love all your plants, but we have to admit, you furball stole the show!!! ❤️
    Beautiful plants, I don’t think these are available in Greece, but I’ll keep an eye out for those!!
    I can only garden in containers, so thank you for the inspiration. I’m working on my "gradient/ombre" jungle, so I have dozens of containers with various plants (climbers, shrubs, bulbs, seeds and just a few annuals) of similar colours, and I think (and hoping) it’ll be the first year it’ll actually show!! I was also hoping I’d film everything for my channel, but technology totally let me down, so I’ll at least try to have some tours…
    Have a wonderful day!! ☺️

17. karla grant on May 13, 2022 at 8:00 pm

Hello,
    Love your dogs! They’re obviously well trained. I’m new to gardening. I have petunias and creeping Jenny in my containers. I had dracena spikes in but took out since they’re toxic to pets.
    Karla

18. Cathy's Creation and vlog on May 13, 2022 at 8:00 pm

I’m in zone 5 Iowa,and I totally feel like I’m behind on planting everything it’s nice to see that you are still out there putting plants in. I hope you give us an update on your vegetable garden soon 🤗 also I purchase my very first hydrangea after watching several of your videos. I ended up purchasing little lime hydrangea from proven winners, Unfortunately a deer or rabbit has came and snipped off several tops on my hydrangea. Hoping that it perks backup I’m guessing I will not see much growth this year.

19. Kate Dorman on May 13, 2022 at 8:00 pm

This year the majority of my annuals are red. It is amazing the variety of textures that it is bringing to my pots and hanging baskets. I’m trying to phase my perennials that direction as well. I live on a wooded lot and love the pop of color it gives. I’ve thrown in some occasional gold as an accent and, of course, for the ISU Cyclones! Go state!

20. Kerry DiBiasio on May 13, 2022 at 8:02 pm

I am trying to keep a theme this year. I’m usually loosey goosey. I did lots of white with purplely and peaches.

21. Fredi Olson on May 13, 2022 at 8:02 pm

It’s gonna be pretty!

22. tv cat on May 13, 2022 at 8:03 pm

3:08 Gigantic head pops up!😃

23. Sue Kuly on May 13, 2022 at 8:04 pm

I stick to the same combination…..supertunia vista buggle gum, silver berry and fucia…..I love this colour combo.

24. Frances Graves on May 13, 2022 at 8:05 pm

I love your window box and choice of plants. So pretty together. I too 💕 containers…have way too many. We are on town water so a drip system would cost a fortune. I have lots of rain barrels. One of my favourite and you are right doesn’t look like much at first planting is a 3 tier combination I do for a shade area. I pile 3 pots kind of inside one another only planting in the outer rim, hard to explain. I usually use inpatients 2 different colours in the bottom 2 tiers then the top coleus, but the magic happens mid summer as they grow and bush out…looks like one big ball of flowers, you can’t see the containers. That is just one of my favs. Love your channel btw…you are down to earth girl!

25. Barbara Lindberg on May 13, 2022 at 8:07 pm

That window box is gorgeous. I understand if you have a theme that works, do it every year. You should be proud of how much you’ve grown yourself from seed.

26. Sara W on May 13, 2022 at 8:07 pm

This year I bought an aqua pot placed between my garage doors. I have planted a dark leaf elephant ear in center, with white supertunia mini vista , white mounding mandevilla, asparagus fern, white lantana, and white Thunbergia. Would love to add photo.

27. Mary Johnson on May 13, 2022 at 8:09 pm

I love the colors. Your box makes me feel good just looking at the colors and the variety of plants. I wish I could find the peachy keen verbeana.

28. Marilyn M on May 13, 2022 at 8:10 pm

What kind of dogs do you have?

29. Bob Segilia on May 13, 2022 at 8:11 pm

Beautiful dog, Great job on the window Box

30. Leslie Hardin on May 13, 2022 at 8:12 pm

Odin is precious 😍 Love your choice of flowers 🌸

31. Natika Mitchell-Cowie on May 13, 2022 at 8:12 pm

"Excuse me Sir…" LOL!

32. Jennifer Perez on May 13, 2022 at 8:14 pm

lovely! and I wanted to thank you for speaking out on instagram recently and posting some awesome pages from black gardeners! I have followed each one of the ones you recommended.

33. Heather Dauffenbach on May 13, 2022 at 8:16 pm

"roll with it" is exactly how I came to try verbena this year for the first time and I’m HOOKED

34. Prairie Plantgirl on May 13, 2022 at 8:17 pm

That is going to be a gorgeous combination.

35. Shawn Isenor on May 13, 2022 at 8:18 pm

Your window box is always amazing.
    My favourite this year is very “fiesta” with pink skyscraper salvia, empress sun pink verbena, angelart orange nemesia and purple fountain grass. I just love the combination of pink and orange, it’s such a summer vibe.

36. Kristopher Kunz on May 13, 2022 at 8:18 pm

My window box is my favorite to plant too

37. Nicole Chew on May 13, 2022 at 8:20 pm

Great plants and video! The only place I could find Peachy Keen this year was in hanging baskets mixed with supertunia honey. I had to deconstruct the pots to get them out to put them in the beds. It was harder than I thought it would be 🤣

38. Judy Middleswart on May 13, 2022 at 8:21 pm

Love your site watch every time ur on with my gin tottie lol in nw fl so difficult to find proven winner plants😒

39. Shannon Bickerton on May 13, 2022 at 8:23 pm

I love that window box and look forward to seeing what you plant every year!!!

40. Jasmine Louise Farrall on May 13, 2022 at 8:23 pm

It looks lovely 🥰

41. Debzy J on May 13, 2022 at 8:23 pm

So nice.

42. Green Thumbelina on May 13, 2022 at 8:25 pm

I love the purple hyacinth bean along with the Peachy Keen Superbena and ‘Splash’ licorice vine. I can’t wait to see that window box fill in, it will be striking! Love your dogs, they have the sweetest temperament. I think Oden has a cousin living somewhere close to my house because he’s visited me twice in the past week. He’s an incredibly sweet dog and so darn friendly! ~Margie

43. Paulina Spylios on May 13, 2022 at 8:25 pm

Thanks for the ideas. Love Oden!

44. Sarah Roberson on May 13, 2022 at 8:25 pm

Love your dogs! That superbena is one of my faves. Great combo!

45. Anna Hargrave on May 13, 2022 at 8:27 pm

Love this! Why don’t you put window boxes under the other windows?

46. Susan Lettis on May 13, 2022 at 8:31 pm

Love love love the puppies, where is the second one? Seems like Odin (sp?) is the one who like to be on camera the most?

47. leona silka on May 13, 2022 at 8:32 pm

I learn so much from your videos and I know exactly what to plant now, thankyou. Also I look forward to seeing Oden and his twin in your videos, almost steal the show! Great pups. Love it.

48. Lorraine Courtney on May 13, 2022 at 8:33 pm

It looks great😁 wish I had window boxes 😉 actually my pansies are still looking great, don’t hsve the heart to rip them out and switch over for summer🤣 hope there are some nice plants left when it comes time 😉

49. Sherry O. on May 13, 2022 at 8:37 pm

Beautiful already and I’m sure it’ll be perfection! Great combination of plants and colors. 👍 Love seeing your big teddy bears. 🥰 ADORABLE! Thank you for your videos. 🙏💚🌿🌸

50. Abigail Miller on May 13, 2022 at 8:37 pm