Never miss a new video! Subscribe to our channel to be notified whenever we publish a new video!
Click “SHOW MORE” if you’re new to our channel and “MORE ABOUT US” for some freebies!
It’s the end of the season, you’ve got your harvest in and are busy preserving everything. The gardens done, nothing left to do until spring right?
Now is the time to prepare your garden (and soil) for winter and the coming spring. You do not want to leave your soil bare all winter and you do want your soil prepared and ready for the spring planting now.
In this video, Josh will share with you the key things you need to to to prepare your garden and soil for winter and spring at the same time.
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We’re so glad you’re here! Let’s start growing, preserving & THRIVING! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo
Visit our blog: https://www.homesteadingfamily.com
Follow us on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/homesteadingfamily/
A few highlights you don’t want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Click any of the links below for instant access to free video training resources:
Healthy Healing at Home – Learn how to confidently use herbal medicine in your home with this FREE 4 video workshop. https://homesteadingfamily.com/HHHyt
Your Best Loaf – A Free 4 video workshop teaching you how to make great bread at home, every time, regardless of the recipe you are using. https://homesteadingfamily.com/free-bread-workshop
Meals on Your Shelf – Can along with me! Learn to can and put jars of a delicious meal on your pantry shelf with this FREE video series. https://homesteadingfamily.com/MOYS-free-workshop
Click any of the links below for instant access to these free downloadable PDFs:
– 5 Steps to a More Self Sufficient Life- Simple PDF download on 5 steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
– Thrive Wellness Checklist- A simple PDF download for healthy living.
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- PDF download that is an introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list- PDF with Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles- Carolyn’s favorite make-ahead breakfast casseroles.
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs- PDF download with multiple ways to preserve eggs.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden- PDF download with an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
– Fearless Fermenting- A PDF on basic lacto-ferments.
– Fermenting Tomatoes- PDF download on fermenting tomatoes
– Preserving Culinary Herbs- Downloadable, step by step directions to drying, freezing and salting culinary herbs.
– Render Your Own Lard- PDF with instructions on how to render your own lard.
#garden #gardenprep #wintergardenprep #winter #preparedness