Vegetable Garden Tour Zone 9 Florida April 2022

Vegetable Garden Tour Zone 9 Florida April 2022

My channel focuses on sharing my personal journey in growing our garden, farm and food forest to achieve a sustainable lifestyle. I have a passion for growing organic food and living off the land. I share monthly garden and food forest tours, recipes, and gardening tips. Please like, share and subscribe if you would like to watch my farm and garden grow through each season. Hopefully you will learn something along the way! My goal is to inspire you to get outdoors and enjoy some Southern Dirt and Sunshine!

Helpful Video Playlists:

What to Plant & When Zone 9 Series:

Gardening for Beginners Series:.

Ways you can support my channel:

Shop my website for Homegrown Seeds and Fruit Tree Cuttings :

Purchase the same products I use and LOVE!:

Vego Garden Raised Beds Video:

Save $15 off $300 site wide on Vego Garden Beds by using my affiliate link:

GreenStalk Vertical Garden
Save $10 off your order of $100 with coupon code SD10!! Click here and save now:

*NEWSLETTER*
Sign up for my newsletters to keep you informed on events, workshops and helpful tips at our Farm and Garden:

I love sharing photos of our farm and garden on Instagram
@SouthernDirtGardener

Thanks for watching and supporting my channel!

harvest, in ground gardening, vegetable, garden, grow, your, own, food, in ground garden, homegrown, organic, kitchen, table, gardening, raised bed, food forest, vegetables, organic, allotment, urban, edible, gardener, back, yard, nature, veggie, patch, permaculture, home, urban, farming, veggies, small, farm, fresh, tour, central, florida, sebring, highlands, county, flowers, plants, zinna, mammoth, sunflower, tomato, okra, squash, zucchini, cherry, blueberry, onion, kale, collard, greens, butter, crunch, lettuce, kohlrabi, carrot, rainbow, pepper, sweet, cabbage, brussel, sprouts, celery, rose, marigold, zone, 9b, 9a, seed, baker creek, seeds, beets, thousand head kale, brandy wine, beefsteak, carrot, cosmic, french dressing radish, sugar, snow, pea, green beans, seeds of change, red cabbage, luffa, burpee, ferry morse, handmade, garden sale, traditional, beginner, harvest, dirt, sand, how to grow, DIY, fruit tree, orchard, food forest

1. Wisteria on May 16, 2022 at 7:23 pm

Horrible and so disappointing the 🦌 got to your 🫐‘s and so many other issues with pests and other food plants….it requires a lot of time and energy to get a garden established, especially in Florida since we’re on sand, lol. I wonder if using tulle fabric would help. It’s not the most natural looking but does come in various colors of green. It’s inexpensive too for the amount you get from eBay. Praying for us Florida gardeners 🙏

2. Broadcast His Love on May 16, 2022 at 7:26 pm

Love this so much! Thank you, Summer!

3. Steph on May 16, 2022 at 7:28 pm

I’ve had several things taken by squirrels and birds and recently my flock of hens got into my garden and had their way with so much – scratching up so many seedlings and eating every blue blueberry. SO heartbreaking!!

My husband thinks I should just focus on food storage rather than growing food. I can’t give up though.

4. Wisteria on May 16, 2022 at 7:30 pm

Also, I utilize a garden tower but would like to invest in some green stalk ones too as the pockets are deeper then the one I bought years ago from the health ranger store. I love the way you have put a cornucopia of plants in yours, amazing 😻

5. Dave Schreiner on May 16, 2022 at 7:38 pm

Summer, I’ve been watching your videos for a few years. I’m up in Clearwater so it’s always interesting to follow someone in a similar climate. Thanks for your videos.

6. SimAj on May 16, 2022 at 7:39 pm

What variety of onions are those ? Do you plant them from seeds and when do you plant them ?

7. Naomi's u Acosta on May 16, 2022 at 7:39 pm

I have a cutworm infestation that decimated all my zucchini seedlings, so I feel your pain.

8. Katy Wood on May 16, 2022 at 7:45 pm

How do you water your herbs to keep them so healthy? Do they have a drip hose too? How often and how long do you water?

9. Common Ground Gardens on May 16, 2022 at 7:50 pm

Hey from Utah zone 6 😊

10. Champagne Gardening on May 16, 2022 at 7:57 pm

I grow beets! I planted them late this year because I moved into a townhome but I’m still growing them for the tops. I eat them in my salads.

11. Steph on May 16, 2022 at 8:01 pm

I’m noticing a ton more lady bugs this year. I don’t recall seeing this many. I’m thankful 🐞

12. Marilyn McConnell on May 16, 2022 at 8:01 pm

I’m in Arcadia! So glad to have found you.

13. Rubens on May 16, 2022 at 8:06 pm

I’m new! This is my first year garden. I’m in Coastal South Carolina 8b so our zones are pretty similar!

14. Champagne Gardening on May 16, 2022 at 8:08 pm

Oh and I’ve been following for 2 yrs! I liked your what you can grow videos. I learned that Florida is not the same as other areas

15. GritandGrace on May 16, 2022 at 8:15 pm

So which bean do you prefer growing?