How to build a MASSIVE Raised Garden – For Wheelchair Users!

How to build a MASSIVE Raised Garden – For Wheelchair Users!

Building a large raised garden was something Cambry and I have wanted to do for awhile. And what a better time to start gardening… than the present? Hopefully we can get something to grow out of our raised flower beds. We used 2×12 redwood boards for this project, each 12 feet long. The inner measurement of each finger is 4 feet exactly, and the ‘pathway’ between fingers is 3ft 9inches. And the total length of the back side is 28 feet. We were able to build it in a weekend, but it took a LOT of dirt to fill up. Let us know what we should plant! We need tips!

Watch the first year update HERE: https://youtu.be/etHEgZtjRWE

Follow Cambry here for updates: https://www.instagram.com/cambrykay/
And thanks to the Cox Clan for the extra hands: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz3sZ60GvY7kfyUGejoCOCw

*Follow me for updates!*
Instagram: http://instagram.com/zacksjerryrig
Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1U4bQqv
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZacksJerryRig

LARGE tool kit: http://amzn.to/2DURcr7
Travel Tool Kit: https://amzn.to/30LKXOY
Green Pry tool: http://amzn.to/1Tu57pI
Metal phone opening tool: http://amzn.to/1WdOFv0

The camera I used to film this video: http://amzn.to/2p7GtkX
The Lens I used for this video: http://amzn.to/1QOXDw2
Wide angle lens: http://amzn.to/2qiYM4u
And this Metabones adapter: http://amzn.to/2iZ67Ty
This is the drone I use: https://click.dji.com/AI2tmSb0onM9XPVwb-Se0g

TO SEND ME STUFF: See my P.0. Box on my ‘About page’: https://www.youtube.com/user/JerryRigEverything/about

JerryRigEverything assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. JerryRigEverything recommends safe practices when working with power tools, automotive lifts, lifting tools, jack stands, electrical equipment, blunt instruments, chemicals, lubricants, expensive electronics, or any other tools or equipment seen or implied in this video. Due to factors beyond the control of JerryRigEverything, no information contained in this video shall create any express or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. Any injury, damage or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not JerryRigEverything. Only attempt your own repairs if you can accept personal responsibility for the results, whether they are good or bad.

1. BitsuBOA on May 18, 2022 at 7:59 pm

Waiting for this years garden vid!!!

2. bear jr on May 18, 2022 at 7:59 pm

Seems like it would be better if the garden slanted in at the bottom so she can get closer

3. Mike on May 18, 2022 at 8:00 pm

7:55. Been gardening since I was about 9. Best(easiest) foods to grow imo are tomato’s, peppers, broccoli, corn(obviously not in your raised garden), and #1 easiest to grow is eggplant. Those are just off the top of my head. Main tip I can give is never plant the same food in the same spot back to back years. Rotate plant locations Every year for Max mineral versatility. Another tip is to make sure you add a decent amount of worms to the soil(they help with minerals). Also this one is common knowledge but weeds choke plant roots so pull by hand by the weeds roots to get them out. Never use weed killer since it’ll kill any plant at all.

Thank you for all the exciting videos.

4. Danny Saborio on May 18, 2022 at 8:01 pm

that garden is going to last so long that the next humans after us will refer to it as possible alien life forms that traveled here and that build this garden that cant be replicated.

5. Redneck MTB on May 18, 2022 at 8:02 pm

Where can I get one of those electric bikes

6. noob of doom on May 18, 2022 at 8:02 pm

JerryFarmEverything

7. Terry Olay on May 18, 2022 at 8:02 pm

Your wife is an incredibly pretty and lovely lady and you do a great job as a superhusband.

8. Adrienne M on May 18, 2022 at 8:03 pm

Such a sweet garden for a sweet couple! <3

9. Brayden Plays on May 18, 2022 at 8:04 pm

You should do more of these types of videos.

10. killerkitten on May 18, 2022 at 8:04 pm

🤔 would have made it T-shaped so Cambry can get closer, but it’s really cool and well done.
    Gardens in my country are often shaped like this, on ground level though, but my greatgrandma had a veggiegarden just like that.

11. Dale Mettee on May 18, 2022 at 8:08 pm

Zack, after watching this vid, mught suggest you contact Arms Family Homestead and talk to Daniel Arms for suggestions on what to plant and when.

12. DIEGO RANCH INC on May 18, 2022 at 8:10 pm

We run a nonprofit 501(c)3 equine therapy program for kids and adults with disabilities learn the love of horses and healing through them. We would love some help with sponsorship if you and your wife would be interested.

13. Icarus Child on May 18, 2022 at 8:10 pm

what a massive pile of horseshit

14. BEN DOVER on May 18, 2022 at 8:11 pm

Definitely would start doing No till and Cover crops to help with having nutrients for the plants.

15. ROBBY DOBBY INC on May 18, 2022 at 8:12 pm

I love the garden, you may say your not experts, but to me your really talented profesionals. Both of u also taught me new knowledge about gardens N Benefits of wood. Kudos. You have a subscriber for life for not only are u great people but u also make great videos.i know you wanted suggestions on what to grow which one of the things you could plant is medicinal Cannabis for its legal in most stages. Would benefit medical patients. Which proceeds could be donated to charities like breast cancer awareness, Aspca for abused animals. Etc

16. Jon G on May 18, 2022 at 8:14 pm

Plant some weed

17. George Styer on May 18, 2022 at 8:16 pm

top class man supporting a top class woman…Patience and care shine through your projects. Keep showing the world what care is by example

18. Nees Argon on May 18, 2022 at 8:16 pm

Tomatoes and beans are the easiest things to grow and you harvest them the same year that you plant them. Great idea! I wish I could afford to do what you have done.

19. Ilmi kitabi Muslim on May 18, 2022 at 8:19 pm

Are you married to her. I don’t know so I tell this

20. owendavidson24 on May 18, 2022 at 8:20 pm

This is not a plant for your garden but a plant I like to grow it Aloe Vera it helps with burns and you can put it in a big but shallow pot (there roots don’t get deep but wide) and it’s just a fun dry plant to grow

21. The Watcher on May 18, 2022 at 8:22 pm

Thank you.

22. M K on May 18, 2022 at 8:23 pm

GREAT IDEA!!

23. jane irvine on May 18, 2022 at 8:25 pm

I would like to recommend Mel Bartholomew’s Square Foot Gardening book. Lots of great information and techniques. Thank you for posting this video! I just came across it. I hope you did well and had a great time! Blessings, health, prosperity and peace to you and yours and to all who read this! 👍😘😇💖

24. Debra Shafer on May 18, 2022 at 8:28 pm

F

25. Verified. on May 18, 2022 at 8:28 pm

Cambry was on the right track. Redwood has tannin which is like lemon juice for bugs that’s why they don’t chew into it. Tannin is also a fire resistant chemical which is why redwoods burn from the inside-out.

26. Bryce A on May 18, 2022 at 8:28 pm

Soil, not dirt.

27. Politicriminalwatch of Adam Coleman on May 18, 2022 at 8:29 pm

I realize I’m about a year too late with my suggestion but if you allocate one wing for asparagus you won’t be disappointed the 2nd and 3rd years as it won’t be really good first harvest but will come back year after year and grow inconsistently so you can continue to consistently pick it every third day or so in late spring and early summer for about a month. Real short growing season but we’ll worth the effort.
    Good luck
    Newest subscriber

28. Joshua O'Niel on May 18, 2022 at 8:29 pm

May God bless you I was blind and now I can see

29. DontBanMeBroDontBanMe! on May 18, 2022 at 8:30 pm

0:59 – I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!! But they’re so expensive!

30. ludicer on May 18, 2022 at 8:31 pm

If this isn’t love I don’t know what is, A great couple you two!

31. Skittles on May 18, 2022 at 8:32 pm

The cost for this right now compared to then would be crazy

32. Demonic Wolf on May 18, 2022 at 8:32 pm

Horse compose is a fancy way of saying horse shit

33. Karl Hawkins on May 18, 2022 at 8:37 pm

I really enjoy your videos. Looking forward to the next hummer video instalment. Keep up the good work! 🤘😎

34. Aleida Bianchi on May 18, 2022 at 8:40 pm

I found great plans on the Woodglut website. I think this is a good solution for everyone.

35. Ejua Ur on May 18, 2022 at 8:40 pm

Respect 👍

36. Cougarfan01 on May 18, 2022 at 8:41 pm

that is not nice to throw poop on on people ok? you need to work on your well being and manners.

37. Lian Thang on May 18, 2022 at 8:43 pm

Jerry’s commitment to his relationship, WOW!!!! I lost words on how to describe it.

38. Gadianton x on May 18, 2022 at 8:43 pm

keyhole garden might be even more friendly because they are much cleaner and they self compost when loaded with kitchen waste and lawn clippings

39. mitchell eden on May 18, 2022 at 8:46 pm

pressure treated lumber is COMPLETELY safe to use. They use copper now instead of arsenic. They have for over 20 yrs

40. jhunphillip123 on May 18, 2022 at 8:46 pm

its prolly too late to comment but, cox clan for a youtube name might have some negative tendencies to audiences(?) i suggest something different i guess

41. Carlos Danger on May 18, 2022 at 8:46 pm

your BIL seems cool too! happy for you guys, you seem to have a great dynamic going on there

42. DontBanMeBroDontBanMe! on May 18, 2022 at 8:48 pm

While growing corn is fun, corn is so cheap to buy, it’s not worth it from a financial standpoint. Some thoughts:

* Tomatoes – especially beefsteak. They’re $1.99 a pound where I live in the summer, but can get as high as $5 in the winter. We grow them, then turn them into sauces and store them in our freezer to use throughout the winter
    * Okra – very good in southern gumbos and soups. You can freeze them and they hold up well
    * All types of pepper – good in all sorts of dishes
    * Zucchini – if you grow the bush kind, they can take up a ton of space. I wouldn’t grow more than two plants
    * Pumpkins – nice because you can train them to sprawl on the floor and out of the way

There are others. Cucumbers. Sweet potatoes. Good luck!

43. Some One on May 18, 2022 at 8:49 pm

3:22 you can see the Humvee or I’m I wrong

44. Andres Desbois on May 18, 2022 at 8:49 pm

Im in love of her! and he is my hero!

45. kittenpawsbb on May 18, 2022 at 8:50 pm

Sounds like redwood has so many benefits. I’m planning to build some small raised beds. Is it possible for you to create a Garden Playlist? Or do you have a garden channel. Thank you 🤗

46. nery colon's garden on May 18, 2022 at 8:50 pm

That’s is so awesome. I really enjoyed this video. I’m in a wheelchair also. I have a raised bed which was a gift. I also have a balcony garden and in front of my house I have bananas, acerola, didn’t find an English word for this fruit. The front of the house one my husband take care of that part but they are sweet and delicious. Most of my plants are tropical since I live in Puerto Rico I can plant all year-round. Loved and subbed.

47. TheMasterSwordsMan on May 18, 2022 at 8:51 pm

dont get corn it grows tall

48. Shannon Voelbel on May 18, 2022 at 8:52 pm

Green beans

49. Lincoln Berry III on May 18, 2022 at 8:53 pm

Who’s here after Zack’s Fall 2021 harvest and birth of his newborn son video?

50. Santos III Magno on May 18, 2022 at 8:58 pm

please plant carrot,potayo thats all thank yoy a am abig big big fan