Are Cheap Plastic Greenhouses Any Good? Lets Take A Look! | Mini Walk In Greenhouse With Shelves

In this video we will be taking a look at and asking the question are cheap plastic greenhouses any good? I bought myself a mini walk in greenhouse with shelves from Amazon the other day to have a dedicated new spot for my Nepenthes and Vanilla Orchids and other plants. These plastic greenhouses are cheap and super easy to build as you will see in the video, we will take a look at it together and see what we think. In a future video, we will be modifying this small greenhouse and fitting it with a DIY fogger and humidity switch so stay tuned!
If you want to support the channel and its growth, then help us out by sharing the video with your friends that might be interested. Thanks for watching, don’t forget to like and subscribe!

β–Ί Plastic Greenhouses Amazon
Amazon associate links

🏚️ Plastic Greenhouse In The Video – Possibly not available in the US πŸ˜₯
🏚️ Plastic Greenhouse for Outdoors – Closest I could find in US

ESSENTIAL GARDENING TOOLS
βš’οΈ classic Bypass Pruner Gardening Sheers
βš’οΈ Corona RazorTOOTH Folding Pruning Saw
βš’οΈ Extendable Heavy Duty Bypass Limb and Branch Lopper
βš’οΈ Pitch Fork Professional Grade

β–Ί SUPPORT GREENTHUMBS GARDEN
I love to make fun and engaging content that I hope finds great value in those of you that tune in. Making content takes me many hours from planing to research, writing then filming, and then finally editing, uploading, creating a catchy thumbnail and description. Some people have asked if I will ever start a Patreon account, the short answer is no. However, if you would like to throw me a small tip for my work that would be very much appreciated and you can find the link below.
β˜• Buy Me a Coffee: https://ko-fi.com/alexfritz
There are other ways though that you can support my channel which I will appreciate just as much and will not cost you a penny. That’s by sharing my content with your friends and helping bring exposure to the channel.
You can find out more how to support the channel and why Patreon will never exist on my channel at https://greenthumbsgarden.net/support/

β–Ί OTHER VIDEOS
Growing Dragon Fruit in Containers

β–Ό β–½ CONNECT WITH GREENTHUMB

Twitter: AskGreenthumb
Instagram: gtg_alex
Buy Me a Coffee: https://ko-fi.com/greenthumbsgarden

Tags: #Greenhouse #PlasticGreenhouse #MiniGreenhouse

1. L0united on May 19, 2022 at 7:57 pm

it can also be used as a small tool shed.

2. Steve Day on May 19, 2022 at 7:58 pm

I’ve gone through 4 of these over the years. All haven’t really lasted much more than 4 years. The tubes rust, thr plastic connectors can split, the covers split and can cost as much as the original greenhouse to replace and don’t get me started on their ability to stand up to wind. They do however have their place, firstly they are cheap and really easy to put together (unless the odd bar or connector is missing. They are really light weight so can be moved by one person without a problem. They are great for hardening off plants in the spring.

3. bearsoundz on May 19, 2022 at 7:59 pm

My experience with these ultra-light greenhouses is that they are absolutely brilliant and works 100% as they should, until first summer thunderstorm. Then you can pretty much go look for the debris at the closest dense hedge or waterbody..
    They cant withstand hard weather!
    That also man that it is a must to at least remove the cover for winter.
    Bottomline: IF you have a spot in your garden where hard winds are impossible, then all is fine. If _not_ all is a shredded _mess_ πŸŒ€

4. o000omusico000o on May 19, 2022 at 8:04 pm

i also had one yes flimsy and zip went on door so sent it back shame as i was tempted to get another to put over plants in winter but its a lot of money when you don’t have much money

5. Fred (Cat) Creedy on May 19, 2022 at 8:06 pm

Yes there’s a type of plant that doesn’t like airflow it’s called a dead one.

6. Cole Peltier on May 19, 2022 at 8:07 pm

I’m so excited to see this channel grow.

7. 1blondidea on May 19, 2022 at 8:09 pm

Well, I’ve had one of these for a little over a year. Wish mine had those two "window vents" on either side like yours does. Yes, those wire shelves are flimsy as all get out!!
    So far, I have NOT been impressed with mine. When the wind blows through my back yard, this plastic greenhouse is like a big huge balloon. I have lost pots of different plantings that were toppled over as the wind toppled OR picked up and carried the greenhouse across the backyard and up against the neighbor’s fence!!
    I’ve had numerous times of trying to find all the poles and flimsy wire shelves scattered around my backyard after the latest storm blew through. So now, I got a bunch of rope and expensive camping tent pegs. A friend helped me in basically hog tying the dadblame thing with ropes crisscrossing over the top, and tied to the heavy duty camping tent pegs. THEN FOUR 50 LB Bags of top soil are on the bottom poles, where the bottom shelves are supposed to be.
    I’ve spent more on supplies to try to hold this thing to the ground than what the plastic greenhouse cost me!!
    And I have yet to even successfully grow anything in it!!
    We’ll see what happens as I get stuff going for Fall crops.
    Would I recommend this plastic greenhouse? Hmmmm, NOT if your area gets heavy winds with storms!!!
    After all the trouble I’ve had repeatedly having it toppled by heavy winds, I don’t consider it a "Garden Friend" anymore!!!

8. AnnWith APlan on May 19, 2022 at 8:11 pm

I got one of those, too. It’s the green one, half the size. I like it. I has stood up to high winds. It WILL get hot inside, too. Mine doesn’t have the windows, though I can open the doorway. I got the green because I didn’t want too much light coming though, or it would have made it even hotter.

9. Tommyr on May 19, 2022 at 8:16 pm

Looks good Alex! Hope it lasts a long time. Look forward to updates on it!

10. Jane Evans on May 19, 2022 at 8:20 pm

I just can’t listen to you any longer..what’s with the com I show ya d fings want to be gansta speech…πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

11. Colleen Lavoie on May 19, 2022 at 8:23 pm

Love your plants Hello πŸ‘‹ from Connecticut USA.
    I think for the price it’s hard not to at least give it a try . I bought an even smaller one and it worked for protection during the frost season
    . Happy Gardening

12. GatorCreates on May 19, 2022 at 8:29 pm

Good video.

13. SSanf on May 19, 2022 at 8:30 pm

Cheap outdoor winter shelter for the smokers.

14. Jerri I Goldstein on May 19, 2022 at 8:31 pm

O’Grow-3years,Maryland. Rust bottom poles,4th season.Others 2nd year,1 hole-hail,duct tape.Partially protected and 3 in use.😍

15. Carlos the cat on May 19, 2022 at 8:34 pm

How bout terrarium plants?

16. Eric Weis on May 19, 2022 at 8:34 pm

Aquarium plants

17. Connie S on May 19, 2022 at 8:40 pm

I have been thinking about buying one of these. Thank you for sharing

18. Janett Gonzalez on May 19, 2022 at 8:41 pm

Hey Alex, thank you so much for your informative videos. I just bought one of this greenhouse to put my tomatoes and herbs plants. My plan is to make your DIY MIST MACHINE using Ultrasonic Humidifier and installed your DIY Humidity Sensor Switch Connection. My question for you is: Do you think I have to add something else to maintain my tomatoes and peppers plants healthy inside to the greenhouse? I am in Orlando Florida and summer time could be really hot around 98F. In winter (practically is not winter in Florida jajajja) the temperature can reach 50 F or a little low, so I am not worry about frozen. Thank you so much

19. Don Koh on May 19, 2022 at 8:44 pm

Thanks for showing us this cheap product all the time I see very expensive ones and I am trying to find the cheapest one.Thanks so much you just saved me a lot of time in trying to find the cheapest one.

20. BRANCHING OUT PERMACULTURE with Curtis Hanlon on May 19, 2022 at 8:46 pm

ANOTHER GREAT VIDEO BUDDY LOVED IT

21. Kim Fritz on May 19, 2022 at 8:53 pm

Fantastic. Seems like a great item for 60 quid πŸ€— Cozy place to sleep if you ever get locked out. πŸ˜†

22. Charlotte Lawrence on May 19, 2022 at 8:55 pm

I have enjoyed the mini greenhouses. They don’t stand up to high winds. I put a couple of patio stones on the floor and tied twine around them like a Christmas package. Then I anchored them to the top frame. This does make it hard to move around inside but they won’t blow away.