How to Program an Orbit 4 Port Hose Timer

How to Program an Orbit 4 Port Hose Timer

In this video we show you how to program the Orbit 4 Port Hose Faucet timer. This timer gives you four, individually programmable ports, three cycles as well as rain delay and manual watering options.
==========
VISIT US AT:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/orbit.lawn.garden.life/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/orbitonline/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/OrbitLawnGarden
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/OrbitLawnGarden/

1. Gardenboxfarms on May 21, 2022 at 7:55 pm

Does this timer set off multiple main lines simultaneously? I’m using it for drip irrigation, using 2 zones, and can’t get both lines to water at the same time.

2. irondon on May 21, 2022 at 7:55 pm

This unit is defaulting to running only on station 1! Yes, all 4 stations are plugged in , yes, all have durations set. When I go to "Auto" – it just shows station 1 activated (?) All of the switches work well except the Auto switch. Can’t cancel settings on that switch. Can’t toggle from Cycle A to B to C. Can’t toggle from station 1 to 2 to 3 to 4. Why not? I even took the batteries out and restarted. Very frustrating. Why did the video spend so little time on the auto switch since it seems to be the hardest to operate! Why doesn’t it simply default to all 4 stations?

3. Philip P on May 21, 2022 at 7:56 pm

I had this particular model for about a week now. Worked well for the first few days, and then quit working in the automatic mode. Works well under "manual " . Is this something correctible?

4. Diane GAO on May 21, 2022 at 7:57 pm

What about if I would water zone 2 and 3 immediate with running time 40 minutes respectively? I have set up the running time of the two zones successfully. Unfortunately, it’s not running at the scheduled time. Say I set up the running time starts at 2:35pm when complete all the settings at 2:30pm. Nothing happened at 2:35pm.

5. Jessica Calhoun on May 21, 2022 at 7:58 pm

Worked well once. Now I have to have the valve shut off or it works like it is in manual instead of on auto. Meaning if I keep the valve open it won’t quit running? I have removed the batteries to reset and reprogrammed it with no change.

6. Brent M on May 21, 2022 at 7:59 pm

To all those that are wondering after watching this video – you would think all ports are going to open all at once ( Video did not really make that clear) – which would be no good. They do not open all at once. You program your times in the zones (1,2,3,4) then it cycles through each of them from your start time till they are all finished – If you want zones to start at different times you can use B and C to accomplish that . I will be installing two of these this spring – we will see how good they are – nice that they have a 6 year warranty – keep your paperwork. I think good value for the money if they stand up.

7. Sarmed George on May 21, 2022 at 8:02 pm

Would the 10 and 15 min you set will run at the same time, or it will start one by one (run one bank stop then run the next bank)?

8. PunkRockBenWilson on May 21, 2022 at 8:03 pm

Hi, i have this same unit and have owned it for a few years and haven’t used it until this year. Is there a way to program this to water with valve 1 one day and valve 2 the next day and continue on that pattern. ?

9. Carol Reid on May 21, 2022 at 8:04 pm

Thank you! This is very helpful in setting up the timer! This explains it far better than the manual. How do you tell which port you are programming, or will it running each separately for X minutes for each time on?
    You said you can run port 1 for 10 minutes, then port 2 for 15 minutes? Where does it show which port you are programming?

10. Shawn Krimmer on May 21, 2022 at 8:06 pm

What is the maximum working pressure for the valves? I have city pressure not regulated on one of my hose bibs

11. Amber Holmes-Dodge on May 21, 2022 at 8:07 pm

It might be a good idea to have the person making the video understand how the timer actually works.

12. Valerie Willson on May 21, 2022 at 8:09 pm

Why will my unit not individualize each cycle? While it allows you to give EACH cycle it’s own start time, it’s own run length, run day, different valves; however it will not KEEP what you input for each individual cycle. Instead it will take what you input for whatever cycle you just set, and make ALL cycles the same. It’s very frustrating. Why bother allowing you to individualize each cycle, if you can’t ACTUALLY individualize each cycle?

13. Neil Killeen on May 21, 2022 at 8:09 pm

Here is what I am trying to do (and failing). The video indicates I can do this and the comments from Orbit below indicate I can do this. I want to achieve : Cycle A Start 8pm Station 1 90 min M W F; Cycle B Start 9pm Station 2 60 min Station 3 60min T Th Sat – I cannot progam this successfully. I set the Cycle A Program (looks ok). Then I select Cycle B and set the run time and frequency. However, when I then go back to look at Cycle A it has forgotten the settings. It seems to me that you CAN NOT set Cycle A B and C as 3 independent watering events where each event waters different stations (sequential is fine) at different times for different durations. Can you verify please Orbit ? If I am wrong, can you please link me to a vide showing how to do this. THIS Video says that you can do this, (after showing Cycle A) but does not demonstrate it. I believe all you can do with this timer is water the same stations for the same durations on the same days, but at different start times in the same day (Cycle A B and C). This is pretty useless..

14. Rajiv Prasad on May 21, 2022 at 8:11 pm

IN auto mode 2 of the ports is working like manual. Is this programming issue?

15. David Minehart on May 21, 2022 at 8:12 pm

I want to run zone 1 (drip) every day, zones 2-4 (sprinklers) every 3 days. Cannot see how to do this. Can you help?

16. Kathleen O'Brien on May 21, 2022 at 8:14 pm

I want to know how to set cycle b without erasing cycle A. No help

17. Amber Holmes-Dodge on May 21, 2022 at 8:19 pm

EACH station will run EVERY cycle sequentially for the one specific interval set.
    You can ONLY vary the time each specific station will run ALL the cycles.
    If you only want to water once a day on any set day then you never use B and C cycles.

18. gnc1962 on May 21, 2022 at 8:24 pm

Hi, I just bought this watering system and bought the two extra zones. In my garden I have four runs with 9 sprinklers each run. I cannot run all four at the same time because the pump will not keep up. My plan is to let each station water for two hours at separate times. Say, station 1 at 1pm, station 2 at 4pm, station 3 at 7pm, and station four at 10pm. I would like to do this series every second day. My pump can keep up only on one run. I am yet to figure put how this can be accomplished. From this video, it almost appears that all stations will only run at the same time. If this is the case, with 26 sprinklers running I will be able to piss farther that them. If this is the case I just flushed my money down the toilet. Can you help?

19. Rhonda Charles on May 21, 2022 at 8:26 pm

What do the manicles do ?

20. Brian Eromenok on May 21, 2022 at 8:29 pm

What is the controller mounting options?

21. Leesa Fehring on May 21, 2022 at 8:31 pm

Can I run multiple times a day in a certain area? Say if I planted grass….. how could I set it to run the same zone at different times of the day??

22. ralph rousseau on May 21, 2022 at 8:36 pm

23. Kevin Naderi on May 21, 2022 at 8:43 pm

Very interesting helpful thanks 🙏

24. Jon M on May 21, 2022 at 8:45 pm

Recently purchased this. Disappointed as this video is completely misleading between 2:30 and 2:50 – it does not allow different cycles for different days. I cannot use this for drip lines that are required daily, for other drip lines that are required every fourth day, and sprinklers that are required every second day. It seems, contrary to what is said between 2:30 and 2:50, that every programmed cycle will run on specified days; cycles cannot be adjusted to run on independent days.

25. susan linder on May 21, 2022 at 8:46 pm

THANK YOU great video–now I can finally water my flowers

26. Amber Holmes-Dodge on May 21, 2022 at 8:46 pm

There are other Orbit product that allow different cycles to be assigned to different stations. This is NOT one of them.

27. Robert Campbell on May 21, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Glad this has all the features I need (watering only on certain days for one) – Just what I’m looking for, very happy this exists! AND, Big Frog Supply (I have NO relationship here folks) has it for the best price (as of May 2021).

28. Robin B on May 21, 2022 at 8:47 pm

He is wrong. You can not program the zones independently. I watched his video, bought the timer, and realize now he was entirely wrong about programming.

29. donatospoony Rossi on May 21, 2022 at 8:49 pm

How do you attach the timer to the water chamber ? Not like me old one ?