Best Indoor Garden for 2021- Which smart system did I buy?

Best Indoor Garden for 2021- Which smart system did I buy?

I’m absolutely loving my ClickAndGrow system so far!

If you want to check it out for yourself- please use this link so they know I sent you: https://bit.ly/3opdxQJ

(It’s an affiliate link which means I might receive a small commission if you decide to buy).

Thank you so much for watching this video! I am a former chef, dog mom, and coach for online business owners. I love providing tips, tricks, and advice on making food more enjoyable.

If you enjoy this kind of content, please subscribe and a comment down below!

Ibotta:

Jen Chapin’s Video:

Want regular updates from Anne and to join our free Facebook recipe group?
Sign up at : www.nanlovesfood.com

Find me online here-
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/c.anne.tipton/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nanlovesfood
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.fr/cannetipton/

Music via Epidemic Sound at https://player.epidemicsound.com/
Music: https://www.bensound.com

*My videos are for entertainment purposes only. Any information related to food, food safety, cooking, recipes, etc. are my opinions only. Creatively Rich/ Anne Tipton is not liable and/or responsible for any advice, services, or product you obtain through this video. My opinions and the views expressed in my videos do not represent the views of my employer.*

This video is not sponsored.

1. Nick J on May 27, 2022 at 8:31 pm

I bought two iHarvest. One came and one did not. The one that did was missing pieces and the nutrients had bust open. Still don’t have the second one. Buy elsewhere!

2. Chloe H. on May 27, 2022 at 8:31 pm

This was so helpful thank you!

3. Bismark Villanueva on May 27, 2022 at 8:32 pm

Your click and grow is dollar intensive cling to your subscription if your subscription gone bad on you your system will go bad

4. Bismark Villanueva on May 27, 2022 at 8:33 pm

Unlike the plant food from aero garden and garden you can use different plant food flexibility make the long run cheaper

5. Melanie Nikdel on May 27, 2022 at 8:36 pm

This was really helpful. I’m 1000% with you on cleaning, which is why I decided against the Gardyn as well. Now I’m just debating between the C&G 25 (not released yet) and your C&G 27

6. learahlearah on May 27, 2022 at 8:38 pm

I think you’re supposed to keep the domes on until the sprouts grow big enough to touch it.

7. dani0732 on May 27, 2022 at 8:38 pm

So a couple things I heard you mention re: Gardyn. Keep in mind the little pod holder sockets are dishwasher safe! Cleaning is still a pain, but at least the individual pod holders dont have to be hand washed. In addition, membership includes 10 free cubes, but that is based on the expectation that most of your plants will last a couple months so you wouldn’t be replacing 30 pods monthly… if you needed more than 10 cubes, extra cubes are $1.99 ($4.99 without membership) Notably, the system comes with 30 different plants when you buy it (regardless of subscription or not). Also, you can grow your own seeds by ordering blank pods. Finally, although you can’t use Kelby without the membership (and vacation mode is useless without a membership as its only purpose is to pause your membership) you CAN still use the app and many of the features without a membership… you would just use them in ‘manual mode’….. So, the $1585 is not inevitable… its only inevitable if you want to use Kelby… otherwise, its $899 but they are also (at the time of this message) running a special where you save $150 with the promo code "SAVE" so its down to $749.

8. P on May 27, 2022 at 8:39 pm

Click and Grow gave me molds and algae…

9. Goose on May 27, 2022 at 8:40 pm

I just watched a bunch of videos about these, and came across a guy who does SOOOOOO many different things, spinach, bell peppers, peas, etc.
    I thought I would share, because I’m looking to get some kind of a system.
    Thank you for doing your video. I didn’t know about the system you purchased. I’ve been looking at the OONI system, just to try with my little girl first.

10. Roland Gadue on May 27, 2022 at 8:42 pm

How does the water circulate? Do the roots stay in the pod or extend in the water.

11. MammaDuck on May 27, 2022 at 8:44 pm

How does it compare to buying the same thing in the grocery store. I’m vegan, and it can be both hard and expensive to buy fresh herbs in the winter. That’s what I’ll be using it for most, since I do fine with my outdoor garden in the summer. For me, cost is a huge factor. One thing I use a lot of is fresh basil. I really like basil. No, I really LOVE basil. I eat basil like a cow eats grass. If I don’t have at least one thing a day which doesn’t have basil in it, I feel deprived, and I get serious cravings (if not actual withdrawal symptoms) the following day. I need bales of basil. I might once in a while want to sneak a little Thai basil in with that. If I’m really going crazy, I might want to add a little cilantro in there from time to time, if it doesn’t take away too much space away from my basil. All else are noxious weeds compared to basil.
    I’m really not interested in growing veggies, because even though they’re awful compared to garden grown, you can get most veggies in the grocery store for less than you can grow them at home. Except for basil. Sometimes they don’t have enough basil in the store to satisfy me, or it’s low quality wilted, or slimy, or just plain expensive. For me, I need to be able to do it for less than the grocery store sells for, or be able to grow things that won’t grow outdoors here in any season. I live on the Great Plains of North America where there’s hardly three strands of barbwire between us and the North Pole to slow the wind down, so it’s howling all year long and is once in a while a heck of a lot windier, with wind speeds up to 80 or 90 miles per hour once every few years, plus the occasional tornado (I’ve never been hit by one, but I have seen a few). Aside from being able to grow lots of basil to feed my habit, I want it to last a long time. I always worry about proprietary systems and whether the company will be around for the long haul. I also don’t like subscriptions/memberships because they tend to lock you into getting stuff before you really need it. If I can make my outdoor basil plants last an entire summer, then there should be no reason why my indoor plants shouldn’t be the same. The other bad thing about a subscription/membership programme is that I don’t need the stuff in the summer. I can grow more basil than I can use in my outdoor garden, and I can harvest the seed for the following year (or for the right hydroponic gardening system). I’m not handy, and that’s why I want a kit that only requires minimal assembly like the iGarden, the AeroGarden, or the Gardyn. Also, simple cleanup is a must. I don’t need any more pains in the tush than I already have. Hmmm… Come to think of it, since I have a spinal cord injury and, I can’t feel anything in my tush. Maybe I should have said I don’t need any more headaches than I already have. Migraines are enough, thank you.
    Table tops are not a problem for me. I have lots of table space, and some desk space as well as some room on a chest of drawers. I’m up with the birds, so a grow cycle which starts at 5:00am and ends by 10:00 pm will be just fine, even if it’s in my bedroom. Having it on a table is even better in my opinion because that means I don’t have to dump out of my wheelchair, then struggle to get back in when I’m done.
    I’m also very green aware. I want to send as little to the landfill as possible. Is there a system like these that use grow pots? Those are reasonably priced and they fully decompose either in the garden or in the compost pile. If I have to send plastic to the garden every time I’m done with a plant, that’s not something I want to do. If it uses plastic parts that are reusable, that’s fine. I just don’t want to be sending more plastic to the landfill than I already have to do. I even recycle plastic bags, and use the tote bags that various people give away or sell for very cheep rather than the paper and plastic that they offer at most grocery stores. Besides, I can hang those over the handles of my wheelchair, but the grocery store paper or plastic will usually break before I get them home. A cloth tote is very definitely the way to go for me, and plastic throw-aways in gardening is something I abhor. I’m severely allergic to plastic throw aways. I’m fine with the same plastic if it’s reusable.
    That’s kind of my wants and needs, so if anyone can recommend one that will serve my needs best, I’ll be much in your debt, and definitely appreciative. Did I mention that I love basil? That’s important too.

12. Michael Toub on May 27, 2022 at 8:49 pm

Thanks for your thoughtful analysis !!

13. Diane Jalbert on May 27, 2022 at 8:50 pm

I just bought the Click and Grow 27 and awaiting its arrival. I recently bought 2 Click and Grow 3 units and already wanted to expand. It’s exciting seeing the little plants pop up. I might use those smaller units later for a dedicated herb or vegetable or to plant flowers. I live in New England so I hope to use these also to start plants and move outdoors in a few weeks. It will be fun growing herbs and vegetables year-round. I will have more room in my refrigerator because I will not have to store them. I will pick them fresh.

Thanks for researching different models. I feel that I made a good decision.

14. MsTheBow on May 27, 2022 at 8:52 pm

Could you please consider doing an update and I kinda would have loved to see the garden full top to bottom, to kinda see the space it takes… great video…now I think I want one..

15. James Hill on May 27, 2022 at 8:59 pm

Thank you so much for this video! I just purchased one, can’t wait to get started!

16. Tabitha Johnson on May 27, 2022 at 9:00 pm

What size are those restaurant labels?

17. Luis Caminero on May 27, 2022 at 9:02 pm

7:43 Thank you for addressing the thing that no one ever addresses! I want something simple and as self sustaining as possible.

18. Bismark Villanueva on May 27, 2022 at 9:03 pm

You can’t sub that dirt with something else

19. Holden Todd on May 27, 2022 at 9:08 pm

Excellent explanation of indoor gardens! I have watched many similar videos and yours is the best by far. Thanks so much.

20. Bismark Villanueva on May 27, 2022 at 9:08 pm

I’m pinoy I leave in the phillippines and I think aero garden is more reliable from my point of view were I live your click and grow is subscription dependent

21. Milton Gonzalez on May 27, 2022 at 9:11 pm

Wife and I stumbled on your channel looking for a Tovala oven review and absolutely love how informative and down to earth your videos are. Keep doing what you’re doing!

22. Abigail Marie on May 27, 2022 at 9:11 pm

Literally me I just left Disney and went on the ride told my husband I want a hydroponic garden. Now I’m researching the best options!

23. Tabitha Johnson on May 27, 2022 at 9:15 pm

Been about what almost 8 months later since you had the Click & Grow? Do you still like/love it? I’m wanting to solely use this to grow indoors only. Thinking of ordering the 27 and wanted 8 month thoughts?

24. logan walsh on May 27, 2022 at 9:17 pm

Excellent video thank you so much for breaking this down!

25. Berries on May 27, 2022 at 9:17 pm

Wow that’s a very good and comprehensive review. Thank you!!

26. glbuys on May 27, 2022 at 9:18 pm

Thanks for an excellent and very informative video.

I own a Click and Grow 9 Smart Garden since October 2019. I live in South Africa and the biggest problem with my Click and Grow is that virtually all plants become pot bound after 4 to 6 weeks and stagnate. I’ve since invested quite heavily in German-made Lechuza self-watering planters and transplant all my Click and Grow herbs and lettuces into these containers where they really thrive, some for 8 months and more. My Click and Grow has therefore become more of a germinator than anything else.

The Click and Grow System is actually not hydroponic because pure hydroponic systems have nutrients in the water and is soilless. At this point I’m experimenting with net cups to allow the roots of my Click and Grow plants to grow out of the pods and into the water. This obviously changes the system into a sort of hybrid hydroponic system and I will need to put fertiliser in the water, which I don’t mind.

As a new venture I’m seriously considering buying a French made Véritable smart garden which contains only four pods, but they are significantly larger than those of Click and Grow, and each pod contains 10 plants. The plastic containers of these plants have narrow slits on the sides as well as wicking tubes at the bottoms. Given that the roots are able to get out of the containers the plants in a Véritable system are usable for 6-8 months which is significantly longer than the maximum of 3 months that Click and Grow plants offer.

27. benjiebarker on May 27, 2022 at 9:19 pm

Man, the gardyn looks so good but i don’t want to clean 😭

28. HiThereImFootloose on May 27, 2022 at 9:20 pm

Thanks so much for doing the research and comparison — love to hear an update in 3-6- months if you feel it was a good purchase overall or not.

29. Lar Park on May 27, 2022 at 9:20 pm

How do you plant your own seeds in the click & grow?

30. Karla Howard on May 27, 2022 at 9:21 pm

Is it possible to choose the herbs and vegetables instead of just accepting what is chosen for you?

31. Brennan Barger on May 27, 2022 at 9:22 pm

Great video! We had the exact same thought process. Almost pulled the trigger on Gardyn but the cleaning…no thanks. How is your system holding up, still love it?

32. Cape Flattery on May 27, 2022 at 9:26 pm

The first one I purchased was the French-made Veritable, which I believe is the prettiest. Wanting something a bit bigger, I got the American-made Farmstand over the Chinese-made Gardyn. Farmstand also doesn’t require subscriptions or proprietary nutrients like the Gardyn or Rise.

33. Ed 369 on May 27, 2022 at 9:27 pm

Have 3 different aerogardens and I am very happy with them. They can grow everything.

34. MobileDecay on May 27, 2022 at 9:29 pm

I got an Aerogarden Bounty as a gift the other day. I originally thought about selling it because it’s big and I live in an apartment in the city but I decided to try it. Today on the 3rd day I’m seeing leaves grow in the basil pods. I’m really excited because I have only ever failed to grow any plants especially with a lack of sunlight. I like the tutorials it gives you because I can’t grow anything without hand-holding. Lol.