Windowsill Plant Tour – Pilea, Haworthias & Epiphytes

Windowsill Plant Tour – Pilea, Haworthias & Epiphytes

I finally have a perfect windowsill to load up with plants so it’s time for a tour. Join me! Mostly this plant collection is epiphytes, but it also includes a Pilea and some Haworthias.

1. Alex41 on May 28, 2022 at 8:32 pm

How about a group of the new miniature Hydrangeas from PW? They are absolutely gorgeous and compact..would look wonderful in front of your porch.

2. Collection of unseen nature on May 28, 2022 at 8:34 pm

CONGRATULATIONS 18 Y!! Wonderful update! maybe some hostas and decorative grasses =) ?

3. Pleasant Prickles on May 28, 2022 at 8:40 pm

Great sills! I’m jealous! I love your plants!

4. Irieliciousness on May 28, 2022 at 8:41 pm

Does anyone know what type of Haworthia is at 1:39???

5. Denise Rancour on May 28, 2022 at 8:41 pm

I would put in hostas and other shade loving plants and some pretty flowers mixed in.

6. Kim Rashad on May 28, 2022 at 8:44 pm

Just beautiful.

7. Helen Cox on May 28, 2022 at 8:48 pm

Hostas and peonys

8. C. Bar on May 28, 2022 at 8:49 pm

Love your plants! I have a epiphyte cactus, should bloom pink flowers. Do you have any suggestions to get it to bloom? It is about 4 years old. Thank you!

9. Dinah Ann Young on May 28, 2022 at 8:49 pm

I’ve been trying to find a Ric Rac plant and no luck. HELP!!!!

10. anthony lewis on May 28, 2022 at 8:51 pm

i have tons of night blooming cerus and its one of my favorite plants ever, i love them so easy to grow, mine were cheap cause i got a big one for 12.00 and i made it into many plants

11. anthony lewis on May 28, 2022 at 8:51 pm

when i lived where i did not have wide window sills that is an easy fix, screw a wider board to the sill thats there, like a 1by 6 inch i found sufficient, i did that to all my windows, and painted them the colors of my walls, works like a charm, just need the wood and a tape measure and 4 screws long ones, and paint

12. Given To Grow on May 28, 2022 at 8:54 pm

Congratulations on 18 years with your husband. <3 Thats amazing and inspiring! I just knocked off two pilea stems while repotting and threw them out. Ugggh that was within the last few days. Oh well I know for next time. πŸ˜‰ I just love the ricrac cactus. I have been admiring them for so long.. one day hopefully I will get on. πŸ™‚ Thats so cute your kids made you plant pots. I love when my nieces make me anything. <3 "thats my Pig" hehe Love it!

13. anthony lewis on May 28, 2022 at 8:55 pm

my wife finally bought another pilea like yours, and it was giagantic, that thing is hugeeeeeeee, my wife too, shes got tons of epiphites, she loves them, it can take years to bloom, but they will in time

14. klk12399 on May 28, 2022 at 9:00 pm

Beautiful plants! Planting suggestions for outside: hydrangeas, ferns, astilbes.

15. Axl Rolfe on May 28, 2022 at 9:00 pm

new to channel! loved this video!! cant wait for more tours! beautiful plants! 😁

16. Hanalei Designs on May 28, 2022 at 9:02 pm

Congrats on 18 yrs!! Okay I saw on another YouTube channel (I can’t remember who πŸ˜•) his propagated Pilea leaves had little baby mini Pilea plants. He said he needed to let them grow more, I even asked is it okay that the babies are fully submerged in water. He said, not a problem. So, you need to wait a lot more until you see a mini plant that is big enough to propagate. I hope this helps. I too have a Pilea leaf that I’m trying to propagate as well. So slow πŸ™„. I just have to remember to keep the water filled.
    I hope we both gets baby plants eventually. β€œPatience is a Virtue” 😝
    Thanks for the windowsill tour, I use to have a night blooming at my old house, it took forever for a flower, when it bloomed 😱 it was stunning!!! Take care πŸ’œπŸŒΊπŸŒΈ

17. Lucky Gracie on May 28, 2022 at 9:03 pm

Beautiful collection by your kitchen window. The epi , with the wide leaf, has huge blooms and last for more than a night. I have a pink bloom epi. And in the winter, I leave my plant in the garage,as it likes the colder weather to bloom the following year.

18. sharfinbean on May 28, 2022 at 9:03 pm

Very nice plants, I also have a zigzag cactus I’m really liking. Where about in Ohio are you? I’m also in Ohio very close to the Indiana line and in the middle.

19. Carmen Whitehead on May 28, 2022 at 9:05 pm

Congratulations on your new home and anniversary! You have a beautiful window sill collection!

20. Given To Grow on May 28, 2022 at 9:26 pm

I hit send way too soon. Your yard look amazing. So big and such mature trees. Those poor roses… thankfully you will save them. πŸ™‚

21. Treasures of Plantz on May 28, 2022 at 9:26 pm

Congratulations on your new home! Beautiful plants 🌿 your kids pots are AWESOME! Very colorful πŸ€—

22. Aaron Todd on May 28, 2022 at 9:27 pm

I really enjoyed this video! Your plants are always beautiful, but it’s the plant related ephemera you have collected and displayed on your windowsill that gives us a glimpse of your playful and ecclectic personality. Your yard is gorgeous and would be a great place to plant some Hydrangea bushes.