Meet the POLYCRUB // my greenhouse-polytunnel hybrid

Meet the POLYCRUB // my greenhouse-polytunnel hybrid

Lovely Greens is now on PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/lovelygreens

FINALLY, I’m able to reveal my new Polycrub to you! We’ve been preparing the site and getting it built over the past few weeks and it’s finally complete. Polycrubs are greenhouse-polytunnel hybrids built to withstand high wind speeds and the harshest climates. They’re very popular across the Shetland Islands, Polycrub’s HQ, and if they can stand up to winter storms across the north of Britain, the Isle of Man will be a cakewalk.

Polycrub gave me a special price on my structure as a thank you for my sharing this video with you. I’d have done it anyway though since I ADORE my Polycrub! You can find out more about them here: https://www.polycrub.co.uk/

00:00 Introduction
01:04 First look
03:34 Background and a look at another Polycrub
06:27 Five reasons I chose a Polycrub
10:27 Jobs for the Polycrub
14:13 What’s next

🌿 RECOMMENDED VIDEOS
🌻 DIY Olla Self Watering Pots https://youtu.be/GRiLhrY2CMc
πŸ₯• Tips for Deep Cleaning the Greenhouse https://youtu.be/bumwDr0DmTw
🌼 How to Build Raised Beds https://youtu.be/EO0C37CeNdY

πŸŒΏπŸ“• THE LOVELY GREENS BOOK
USA: https://amzn.to/3fKMij1
UK: https://amzn.to/3wkkW9g
Canada: https://amzn.to/3wkkW9g
More places: https://lovelygreens.com/a-womans-garden-grow-beautiful-plants-and-make-useful-things/

🌱10% DISCOUNT ON SEEDS at https://migardener.com/?ref=LOVELYGREENS
WITH CODE: LOVELYGREENS

GET THE TOOLS & GEAR
🌿 Tanya’s Amazon Shop* β†’ https://www.amazon.com/shop/lovelygreens

➀ If you enjoy this video please give it a thumbs up and subscribe (thank you!)
➀Remember to TURN ON notifications to know when new videos are out. Just click the little bell icon next to the subscribe button.
➀ Subscribe to the Lovely Greens newsletter β†’ https://www.subscribepage.com/lovelygreens

🌿 FIND LOVELY GREENS ONLINE
β—† LEARN MORE: http://lovelygreens.com/p/about.html
β—† INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/lovely.greens/
β—† TWITTER: https://twitter.com/LovelyGreens
β—† FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/lovely.greens.iom/

*Lovely Greens is a participant in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Basically, I make a small commission if you end up making a purchase. Thank you for your support.

#polytunnel #vegetablegarden #gardening

1. zaman organic gardening on May 30, 2022 at 8:40 pm

very nice I build pollytunnel with 32mm water pipe video coming up soon

2. steven johann on May 30, 2022 at 8:41 pm

from my limited poly tunnel experience, it will heat up very quickly when the sun hits….some vents above the doors might be required to keep moving the excessive heat at the top on hot sunny days…..we would fully open both ends of our greenhouses to keep them cooler…even at 40F, 8000ft elevation…..i realize your climate is cooler in general, so i could obviously be mistaken…..

3. Sejdini Service Ripair Electric Tools on May 30, 2022 at 8:44 pm

you have not insulated the ends of the double polycarbonate. in real life it does not work double but only one layer because air enters the ducts

4. james graf on May 30, 2022 at 8:45 pm

Someone may have suggested this but with your doors latch the bottom from the outside and the top from inside. Then you can secure the doors from either side

5. Izabela Abel on May 30, 2022 at 8:46 pm

what was the price of it?

6. IamaProfesional on May 30, 2022 at 8:46 pm

GEO-THERMAL ?????????????????????

7. garden* landscape * rocks on May 30, 2022 at 8:49 pm

πŸ‘

8. Tunnelrat6666 on May 30, 2022 at 8:53 pm

Love these polycrub’s’. I live in Australia so no chance of buying one so I am going to make one. My ADHD is finding it hard with that second hoop of your being off a little fix it please.

9. S van de Werken on May 30, 2022 at 8:53 pm

Really beautiful, i owned several greenhouses and polytunnels but this one is very interesting.
    You need more shade i think, for my polytunnel using building nets are very cheap and effective.
    Make sure that no moisture can get in the cells otherwise mold got to grow in there, buy special tape for it and seal it.
    Here at the russian border the snow is just gone, wish you all the best.

10. Sam Haines on May 30, 2022 at 8:54 pm

I think you made a wise choice for your location an weather. In the SE U.S. a poly tunnel provides the air flow I need. eat videeo.

11. Daniel Chang on May 30, 2022 at 8:57 pm

May I know how low will the temperature drop to in winter time in the poly rub? Do you need heater if the poly rub greenhouse to keep it above freezing?

12. Jim Knowles on May 30, 2022 at 8:58 pm

Looks great! You are going to need a lot more ventilation in that tunnel. It is going to get hot enough to wilt plants in there.

13. Raji Nevin on May 30, 2022 at 8:58 pm

I went to their website. They have NO pricing for these! HUH? That’s a pretty important thing to know. You don’t say anything about pricing. I sent them an email. But they must be pretty costly if they do not even put prices on their website. Also, I wonder if they ship to the USA.

14. Pi Wi on May 30, 2022 at 9:01 pm

Hello, I think it’s impossible to make grown vegetables in that, not enough opening… The summer’s sun will burn all very quickly

15. Gawain on May 30, 2022 at 9:04 pm

Nice

16. Greg Lewis on May 30, 2022 at 9:04 pm

WOW nice 😍

17. racebiketuner on May 30, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Why did you decide on 7m length?

18. Jon j on May 30, 2022 at 9:07 pm

I don’t see seems. How long are the sheets of poly?

19. John Rider on May 30, 2022 at 9:07 pm

Are you married. Do you want a forever man. A homestead 84 acres homestead. Organic gardening farming firewood. 200 fruit trees 🌳. My son adores you

20. 3Sphere on May 30, 2022 at 9:08 pm

WoW, that is truly a thing of beauty and function! This is the first video of yours that I have come across and you and it are definitely creations of sculpted and poised beauty! Heh. – not to mention, very edifying! I guess the YouTube Skynet algorithm has deemed me worthy now to be exposed to you. LoL… Ya never know what’s REALLY going on with YT!

Anyway, I’m over here in the US and we’re buying acreage in the middle of the country around the border of the South & Midwest (as much as we can possibly afford!) for a self-sufficient homestead (as the country slowly {rapidly?} spirals into collective madness and possibly civil war or collapse… It’s true- you may have already noticed… [Canada is worse as it inches toward totalitarianism & dictatorship…]) and we’re going to go the polycarbonate route to grow in all four seasons too. I’ve had it up to HERE with changing plastic coverings! 35 years for the polycarbonate? WoW! It’s so beautiful too and with the insulative properties of a double wall! Even if it’s expensive it is worth that.

Where we’re buying, it’s a moderate climate with 3 nice seasons and one resembling Hades with the heat and humidity. There’s a price for everything and a brief but hot and humid summer is the price we will pay for 9 other (to my mind) wonderful and pleasant months.

I’m probably going to design & build some polycarbonate greenhouses with the Gothic Arch form (although your half-round is extremely sturdy too) and a number of combined innovations (everything must do double or more service!) including making the pathways inside boardwalks with composting worm bins underneath to keep the worms warm in the winter and harvest lots of miraculous castings year round!

Anywhoo, sorry for going on, but that’s just what I do… πŸ™‚ Your video was infectiously cheerful, thought provoking and I’m going to view your others. I’m so happy for you and your new wonderful greenhouse!!! All The Best from the Asylum across the Pond!

21. Jon j on May 30, 2022 at 9:09 pm

We have thurmoclear not sure where to get in long lengths

22. sillydog70 on May 30, 2022 at 9:10 pm

Another cool one people might wanna take a look at is a video called β€œsecret greenhouse of survival β€œ there’s YouTube videos for it

23. Stryker Ace on May 30, 2022 at 9:10 pm

I wonder if it would make sense for some vents at each end near top arch of each structure to leak out excess heat. Is there a reason why vents are not designed for these structures?

24. sean o gallchoir on May 30, 2022 at 9:11 pm

Thank you, enjoy gardening.

25. Canadian farmer vision on May 30, 2022 at 9:11 pm

How do you ventilat it? Other then the doors.

26. sherry1674w on May 30, 2022 at 9:12 pm

OMG…OMG…OMG….THIS WOULD HELP ME SO MUCH…’I CAN DREAM, CAN’T I’? SIGH. CONGRATS ON THIS AND MAY IT SERVE YOU AND YOUR KITTIES WELL….

27. Doyle Floyd on May 30, 2022 at 9:13 pm

How much does the polycrub cost?

28. Kenn Hurt on May 30, 2022 at 9:14 pm

How much heat can this building exist in

29. 1 Acre Homestead on May 30, 2022 at 9:15 pm

What a blessing!!! Congratulations.

30. Darksteel king on May 30, 2022 at 9:16 pm

Wow your green house is amazing. Do you have a material list? And the black tubing, is it 1/4 inch x6” black tubing?

31. Travis Evans on May 30, 2022 at 9:17 pm

Beautiful Polycrub circulation fans would be something I would get before ever putting any plants inside unless that poly doesn’t allow it to get as hot as other greenhouses mine gets up to 110 very easily on a 75 degree fahrenheit day so on hotter days it can get hot enough to kill plants and pets so you may want an escape door for your kitties you will be able to grow so much food and flowers in that Polygrub happy gardening.

32. Raul McCai on May 30, 2022 at 9:17 pm

How much did it set you back?
    What are their representations about UV damage to the poly carbonate?

33. BJ Ty on May 30, 2022 at 9:19 pm

First time I have seen one. Would be nice to have one here in USA.

34. MFR58 on May 30, 2022 at 9:22 pm

Hi, I enjoyed your introduction to the polycrub. Great design. I can’t afford a kit, so am trying to put together my own version. Can you tell me the diameter of the poly pipes used for the hoops? Thanks. M

35. Greg Lewis on May 30, 2022 at 9:23 pm

Love it 😍

36. Larry Bones on May 30, 2022 at 9:23 pm

Sliding door would answer your dilemma as far as doors go

37. William R Buchanan on May 30, 2022 at 9:27 pm

Further ideas are a sump of heat below ground in stone lumps or rubble. Pump it underground before you expel it. Even to the home. Once its got away you have lost it but it could be reused before dumping it.pipes and small flow fans with stats, will do it .

38. Samantha Parfitt on May 30, 2022 at 9:28 pm

Wow I’m so excited for you! I have just bought a polytunnel and starting a couple of raised beds and your channel has been so much help! Thank you!

39. The Russell Farmstead on May 30, 2022 at 9:29 pm

To hear the enthusiasm in your voice is inspiring. Beautiful structure. Happy Growing!

40. Boer369 on May 30, 2022 at 9:29 pm

Anyway to put up gutters to catch the rain πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

41. Baldev Atwal on May 30, 2022 at 9:30 pm

Very nice project.
    Very nice to see some one from isle of man. Me and my family used to live in Duglas Isle of Man. Lived there for 4 years before we moved to California. We had Indian restaurant in Vila Marina for four years. We miss Isle of Man very much .

42. WAYNE DESHOTEL on May 30, 2022 at 9:31 pm

It’s going to get too hot unless you live in the north. That wouldn’t work here in Louisiana

43. Kaye Rhoads on May 30, 2022 at 9:31 pm

Beautiful! As far as door closures, place one lock on outside of 1/2 door, and one lock on inside of the other 1/2 door.

44. Diana V. on May 30, 2022 at 9:31 pm

Place a wire mesh screen door and you can leave have air circulate throughout the hot summer

45. Kenn Hurt on May 30, 2022 at 9:32 pm

What is the cost? What are the different sizes

46. William R Buchanan on May 30, 2022 at 9:33 pm

Wish it was possible too,for me. Cooking is more of an automatic thing, my wife does it. 😘 but there is heat that must be the dominant feature here . Get it automated by ventilation. It will make life and successful growing easier. Love it. Even powered blowers for excess temperatures.

47. Randy Crowe on May 30, 2022 at 9:36 pm

Beautiful job on the Polycrub. Excellent video.

48. Gary Thornton on May 30, 2022 at 9:37 pm

This is so awesome .I would just love to have one of these.I can’t wait to see what you grow

49. larry tornetta on May 30, 2022 at 9:37 pm

What millimeter thickness is the polycarbonate?

50. Dave S on May 30, 2022 at 9:38 pm

Great design. The cost is just okay though. The building is about $5,000 and doesn’t include S&H cost, grade costs, or build costs. Polycarbonate is great, however double polyethylene has a comparable R value or insulated equivalent. The building being put into concrete is smart and protects your investment. I can build a post framed greenhouse for much less though, with polycarbonate and or polyethylene. A 10 ft by 40ft is $6,000 total with labor in the states. That’s 2 doors, polycarbonate ends trimmed out, and double polyethylene. For about $2,000 more it can all be polycarbonate. The polycrub is the best design I’ve seen next to mine. The main difference is I can customize my building for any need. I only build local so it’s not really available to everyone is the down side.