The 2 Easiest Fruit Trees for Beginners To Grow. Yes, Really! | BONUS: The Hardest Tree

If you’re a beginner to fruit trees and looking for a fruit tree that is easy to grow, this one’s for you!

It can be tricky finding the right fruit tree that will produce without a ton of anxiety. There are so many different varieties and they all have their own benefits. And while some of them might seem easier to grow than others, it’s important to know what climate zone you live in before picking out your first (or next) fruit tree.

So if you want something that will just give back with more fruits than anything else, then keep reading! We’ve found the easiest fruit trees to grow for beginners, and share it (and a bonus) in this video.

SUBSCRIBE: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBusyGardener/featured?sub_confirmation=1
*Follow me to stay updated*

ITEMS I USE AND RECOMMEND (Affiliate Items ALL IN ONE PLACE)

Visit our 2nd Channel “The Unhurried Farm”

The Busy Gardener MERCH STORE

TBG Instagram Account:

My Latest Video:

For Business and/or Sponsorship please contact:
cameron@thebusygardener.com

Edited by the illustrious Evan M. Gallagher http://www.youtube.com/livelongdienever

1. Gary Hovey on June 3, 2022 at 8:58 pm

Is there a specific copper spray I should use on my nectarine tree that has peach leaf curl?

2. Winner for Life on June 3, 2022 at 9:00 pm

Liberty apple is easy and Fugi

3. Technoraptor 777 on June 3, 2022 at 9:02 pm

Avocado? Really?…hmm I’ve grown those no problem..my grandma neglected hers :/ but I’ve done ok…and I grow from seed! Mangos are easy..dragonfruit are nice to grow…pomegranate is another easy one..ive had problems with cherimoya before but ultimately ok..loquats are easy too!! Uhhh lychee is in the middle..mangosteen is tricky and takes forever to fruit..and I love growing jackfruit! They do pretty well.

4. Charles Byrne on June 3, 2022 at 9:04 pm

Citrus and HLB (greening disease) is problematic in Florida as well as leaf miners. North Florida is a little better.

5. RoLy Macias on June 3, 2022 at 9:06 pm

least hassle… easy Pakistan mulberry

6. Z S on June 3, 2022 at 9:07 pm

In Dallas area – Plum has been dependable fruit tree for me. Haven’t been any pest and easy to care for. 2nd is fig.

7. Howard Howe on June 3, 2022 at 9:07 pm

Plant the Avocado under a large nut or fruit trees. Look at the Food Forest option.

8. The Busy Gardener on June 3, 2022 at 9:08 pm

Have you checked out the extra/exclusive perks of The Busy Gardener membership? It’s only a couple bucks and I’m working to deliver you a ton of value. See your options here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGQtXp5PQ0qIHUIx-8kkR0Q/join

9. Patricia Hefner on June 3, 2022 at 9:10 pm

Zone 8b Central Louisiana. I’ve killed 2 mandarin trees because of the 5 day freeze. Had them covered. It wasn’t enough. I’m shopping for fruit trees again within the next couple days. Possibly an Apple, satsuma, plum and I’d love to have a nut tree. Not pecan. I may waste money yet again. But I want some fruit trees. 🙈🥺

10. Pure Luck on June 3, 2022 at 9:12 pm

I have 5 different types of citrus trees in containers… i want to get an avocado for my front porch to see how it does with partial sun 🙂

11. puckjohn on June 3, 2022 at 9:12 pm

Hi Cameron, I took a chance on a li jujube and was pleasantly surprised, so much that I purchased a second one. I bought a shanxi li jujube, still waiting for that one to wake up. I also wanted to ask you if you ever heard of a green gage plum? I saw one at a local nursery and the guy there told me they are very good. So I couldn’t resist and bought one.

12. Image Studio - Tallahassee on June 3, 2022 at 9:16 pm

Satsuma, Meyer lemon and figs in zone 8b

13. 70sfred1 on June 3, 2022 at 9:16 pm

I`m going to say an apple and plum trees are the easiest to grow.

14. Timothy Campbell on June 3, 2022 at 9:16 pm

Mulberries ars way better brings in birds to shoot and other wild life like squirrels and deer other great things to eat

15. MrRebar15 on June 3, 2022 at 9:16 pm

*The Busy Gardener* New sub, outstanding content for my family & I. Just started planting fruit trees on our property. God Bless.

16. Vincent Y on June 3, 2022 at 9:16 pm

I’ll be like the 10th person to say this but I find figs to be extremely easy. They grow and fruit quickly and i can pretty much ignore them.

Now you mentioned citrus, but I’ve had bad luck with them, at least initially. Partly (or mostly) my fault for not correctly amending my heavy clay soil.

17. Flokech Misc. on June 3, 2022 at 9:17 pm

Peach is easy I think

18. Joseph on June 3, 2022 at 9:19 pm

For cold hardy areas. I love growing the yuzu citrus in 7B NJ. Do you have any? Great channel.

19. Wan Darman Wan Abdullah on June 3, 2022 at 9:20 pm

Great garden and trees. Seem no pest at all. How do you control pest?

20. Andrew L on June 3, 2022 at 9:22 pm

Avocado are easiest tree to grow, hardest tree to fruits.
    I have three or four fruits hanging this year for first time after nine yrs of growing and there is no guarantee for fruits next year. (I have other one had 10 fruits in 2017, not seen fruits since..)

21. Melissa B on June 3, 2022 at 9:23 pm

I planted a peach and a nectarine about 15′ apart in zone 8a, And I pretty much ignore them both. The peach does great, the nectarine attracts every pest that’s out there 🤷‍♀️ I never get nectarines

22. Joey Nanez on June 3, 2022 at 9:24 pm

Limon tree is easy , at least in Phoenix AZ

23. ngoc birrer on June 3, 2022 at 9:25 pm

Can’t grown those tree in Vancouver,Wa.

24. ngoc birrer on June 3, 2022 at 9:25 pm

My fig tree I don’t care what I do to it
    The dan thing still alive.

25. Kebun Anggur Dwiki Tambusai Utara on June 3, 2022 at 9:26 pm

Whatever tree fruit or everything i just love watermelon!

26. James Fox on June 3, 2022 at 9:28 pm

Mulberry and Fig are my top 2 easiest.

27. Angel Caban on June 3, 2022 at 9:28 pm

Mulberry

28. Garden grower on June 3, 2022 at 9:28 pm

Toga plum easiest.

29. Daniel Zukle on June 3, 2022 at 9:28 pm

Our avocado took 6 years to produce it’s first fruit and then our dog knocked that marble size avocado off, but I was so happy because at that point I knew it was going to start producing. As far as a hard tree, our Kiwi has yet to produce because the Male tree died twice. Looks like the 3rd times the charm. It’s growing good and I look forward to the fruit. If nothing else gardening teaches you patience. Especially with fruit trees!

30. DJ Chancla on June 3, 2022 at 9:30 pm

For me the hardest tree to get to fruit is my pomegranate tree

31. NM Nate on June 3, 2022 at 9:31 pm

Jujube is my easiest tree by far. Our last frost/freeze dates are in mid May (6b and 7k ft elevation) and the Jujubes are never bothered. Apples are probably next as long as you get the right rootstock and disease resistance for your area. Beyond those trees, the fruiting shrubs/bushes are far more reliable with late spring freezes.

32. Sasha on June 3, 2022 at 9:32 pm

I’m in zone 7a, one of the easiest things I’ve grown so far has been mulberry trees. They grow easily from seed or cuttings. Tho I think you need a male and a female to produce fruit, I haven’t sexed mine yet.

33. Jane Dickey on June 3, 2022 at 9:34 pm

Oranges if they grow in your area. For stone fruit I would say a plum.

34. Sussan Janice Sanchez on June 3, 2022 at 9:36 pm

I found pomegranade the easiest tree, I only water the tree a couple times a week and it gives me tons of fruit all year round, zone 9b

35. Quang Tran on June 3, 2022 at 9:36 pm

i have li and lang too, birds peck them also

36. Patricia Daw on June 3, 2022 at 9:37 pm

Fig, very easy.

37. ngoc birrer on June 3, 2022 at 9:39 pm

Can I grown jujube in a pot??

38. tj21bem on June 3, 2022 at 9:39 pm

I admit to being obsessed w/ Asian persimmons. I actually planted 4 varieties very close together & I will treat them like a single tree (Tom Spellman’s fan here). They are pest-free so I consider them moderately easy. Have you tried growing them yet?
    The easiest tree for me is the calamondin tree that I grow in a 10-gallon pot beside the driveway near the porch, among the roses, amaryllis & iris. (They share the sprinkler). It supplies me w/ juice to make soy sauce dips, marinades, sour soup, lemonade, tea, hair tonic, etc. It doesn’t grow higher than my thigh, pot included & I’m only 5’2”. LOL. It produces fruit almost all throughout the year because I’m in zone 9. I’ve only repotted it once. It’s pretty enough to be ornamental. (The HOA bans edibles from the front yards).

39. Matthew Farrell on June 3, 2022 at 9:41 pm

I have to say a fig is by far the easiest, I have a 5m+ one (ironic as none of us eat figs haha) in the yard that came with the house. A friend has a 7m+ one that we hacked down to a 1m stump to try and control it, and within 2 years it was back to 7m high. They just cannot stop growing lol.

This year I am pruning ours down to maybe 2m, I want sun in the yard.

The rest I have only had in the ground 1 season, we turned our front yard into a food forest, so out of the 25 trees we have in a 70sq metre space, I would say the mandarin and sunrise lime (an Australian hybrid) have done the best. Can’t rate any the worst yet lol.

40. NM Nate on June 3, 2022 at 9:41 pm

I’m up to 17 in ground fruit trees so far. Still got a bunch of space left to plant out on our 0.3 acre property. Will probably put in 10 more trees next year (hedge of figs and espalier pears/apples). One thing that has been helping a ton (anecdotally) is having lots of native/flowering perennials or shrubs inter planted with our trees. Really seems to do well for the beneficial insects and keeping pests down.

41. L0united on June 3, 2022 at 9:41 pm

Guava or mulberry are very easy to grow, they often grow like weeds.

42. Brenda Rogers on June 3, 2022 at 9:44 pm

Can u help with a peach tree I planted in container

43. puckjohn on June 3, 2022 at 9:44 pm

Hi Cameron, I was planting a 4 in 1 pear and when I was shoveling the mulch back onto the tree I hit the trunk with my shovel and put a gash in it. Should I just leave it or is there anything I need to do? Thanks

44. Pushpalatha Pushpalatha on June 3, 2022 at 9:45 pm

Hello sir I am from India mango tree is pretty easily grown in my country climate conditions l gaining a better knowledge about growing fruits tree thank you so much sir 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏💐💐💐💐

45. puckjohn on June 3, 2022 at 9:46 pm

46. Jason Kincaid on June 3, 2022 at 9:47 pm

ELDERBERRY TREE
    ********************

47. Duc Pham on June 3, 2022 at 9:47 pm

My Asian pear trees have stopped growing completely and very small height . No new branch growing up What should i do ?.

48. Pamela Bratton on June 3, 2022 at 9:50 pm

i say FIG1

49. Quick Cookie on June 3, 2022 at 9:50 pm

What a bout cherries?

50. Catherine Henry on June 3, 2022 at 9:54 pm

Citrus trees are NOT EASY in non tropical gardens!