Three Tiered Fountain Problems

Three Tiered Fountain Problems

You probably found this video because you searched on How to Fix a Concrete Fountain. This was a Do It Yourself project I wanted to get done this Spring for my wife so that she could do the rest of the plantings in this area.

Last season we inherited this concrete three tiered concrete fountain and I know from experience that they can be a real pain. This season I was determined to solve the issue.

If you have a comment please let us know…

OUR COMPANY ON FACEBOOK – http://bit.ly/PutsPondsandGardens

OUR COMPANY WEBSITE – http://www.putsponds.com

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER – http://bit.ly/putspondstwitter

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY VLOG – http://bit.ly/PutsPondsVLOG

OUR DISTRIBUTOR’S VLOG -https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePondGuyAquascape

Hi, my name is Dan Put, owner of Putโ€™s Ponds and Gardens, LLC. Thanks for tuning in to our channel, be sure to subscribe to our vlog, weโ€™ll be showcasing projects, pond tips and journeys we’ve been on… Your comments help us to do better and remember to hit that like button!!!

1. Pat Mcdaniel on June 6, 2022 at 9:13 pm

Very good I really like what you did with the fountain

2. Robert J. duPreez on June 6, 2022 at 9:14 pm

Did you have to seal between the tiers? The flow on one I am installing doesn’t seem to work very well. 140GPH enough?

3. David G. on June 6, 2022 at 9:15 pm

What type of water pump did you use to make that type of effect? How many GPH?

4. lyn jane on June 6, 2022 at 9:18 pm

Can you show us the end result please

5. Modern Design Aquascaping Inc. on June 6, 2022 at 9:21 pm

Looks good, way to show someone how to re-purpose an old fountain and make it low-maintenance! Are you going to show an after video / pt. 2?

6. Evadne Fomundam on June 6, 2022 at 9:21 pm

Really would like to see how you did the tubing , is it one long piece tube ?or three pieces.
    My three tier fountain , the water is not coming to the top

7. Terry Watts on June 6, 2022 at 9:23 pm

How do yoh clean the pumk when it gets clogged up?

8. Linda Ford on June 6, 2022 at 9:26 pm

Where to you connect the water flow?

9. Dennis Feldmann on June 6, 2022 at 9:29 pm

Really nice video. So this is the fountain you were telling me about in my yard a couple of weeks ago. Great Job.

10. sars101 sars101 on June 6, 2022 at 9:32 pm

Turn down the pressure just like the toilets they have a thing to squeeze the hose close to save water โ˜บ๏ธ

11. West Walker on June 6, 2022 at 9:34 pm

Great idea! Another idea is to add a floater valve tied into your sprinkler system so you NEVER have to add water yourself!

12. Donna Bosken on June 6, 2022 at 9:41 pm

I have a 3 tier fountain that I got from Lowes about 10 years ago. It has been discontinued. It was made in China. It is aluminum and iron, I believe. I called or emailed the company because the rod that has the screw on places that held each tier from the 2nd to the 3rd one moving up and the screw on cap was worn out. Right now I have a piece of slightly bendable black pvc pipe, 3/8" I think, that is in it with the top tier on it. I will just run it down the center holes and then it has to be sat on top of the little pump outlet. The problem is that it is so heavy sitting it, that almost the smallest movement on it can knock the tube off of the pump outlet. Do you know of what I can use to keep from having to have all of that weight on top of the pump? It has to sit on it for the water to go up the tube. I have stayed in the hardware store for hours, several different times trying to figure something out. Even had different people from the plumbing dept. trying to figure something out. We haven’t come up with anything. I saw something on a pump adaptor/fitting set that said it is a diverter. I am wondering if I can run a pipe from the fountain to lay on the bottom of the fountain (inside) from the side of the pump with a diverter to help take off some of the weight on top of the pump. Any ideas or suggestions?

13. Richard Ramos on June 6, 2022 at 9:41 pm

It would have been okay if you would have filmed the complete finished result. I got the impression that you weren’t interested in doing this project.

14. Kyle Campbell13 on June 6, 2022 at 9:42 pm

I had the exact same problem with mine

15. Alex Valdivia on June 6, 2022 at 9:44 pm

Absolute genius

16. Ben Northrop on June 6, 2022 at 9:46 pm

Any idea where to find an umbrella like the one you showed?

17. Coach Keith on June 6, 2022 at 9:47 pm

I noticed that your top bowl has an uneven spill into the larger bowl.
    Did you fix that?
    If so, how’d you do it?
    I have the same type of fountain and I have an uneven spill from the small bowl that is visually intolerable for me to live with ๐Ÿ˜„

18. Jayme Thompson on June 6, 2022 at 9:48 pm

Could you tell me where you got the fountain? I love the frogs!

19. Juanita B on June 6, 2022 at 9:52 pm

I have a Alpine fountain from Walmart that leaks from the post any suggestions๐Ÿคฏ

20. Bernadette Davis on June 6, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Please answer I love this Idea

21. Bernadette Davis on June 6, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Where did you purchase the aqua basin.. I love the Idea

22. Ventura0404 watson on June 6, 2022 at 9:54 pm

Well that helped absolutely not how about show more detail about putting it together๐Ÿ˜

23. Linda Ford on June 6, 2022 at 10:02 pm

I have no idea what to do from start to do finish.

24. Bernadette Davis on June 6, 2022 at 10:03 pm

How many gallons is the aqua basin ..whats the cost

25. 56PapaBear56 on June 6, 2022 at 10:08 pm

Sounds like the problems solved, 2 thumbs up on this one, way up.

26. Columbia Water Gardens on June 6, 2022 at 10:08 pm

Nice video with great tips! I like it when you do less editing. Its more personal.

27. Rivercrest - Water Gardens on June 6, 2022 at 10:10 pm