Passion Fruit PRUNING Demo | by as much as 90% !!! | Bonus: Humming Bird Chicks Being Fed! :-)

Passion Fruit PRUNING Demo | by as much as 90% !!! | Bonus: Humming Bird Chicks Being Fed! 🙂

Charles Malki, Biologist & Plant Expert from http://ivorganics.com/ demonstrates Passion Fruit PRUNING. Also discussed is the best time of year to prune, passion fruit average life span, propagation methods, and so much more!
IV Organic products can be found in 50+ stores nation-wide. Contact your local nursery and/ or shop on-line.
Stay connected with IV Organic:

The following are more related gardening videos recommend by IV Organic:

Passion Fruit Vine (‘Frederick’) | Old vs. New Trellis Systems | Nutritional Value | Propagation

Passion Fruit Vine Taste-Test | Ripe vs. Unripe | Summer “Light” Pruning Method | WhiteWash

Purple Passion Fruit & Flowers | Cutting | Propagation | Genetically Identical Plants

Lisa Smith; Arborist, on Extreme Drought, Extreme Rain & Extreme Wind @ Hollywood Hills Garden Club

A to Z | ALL ABOUT BARE “NAKED” ROOT FRUIT TREES | SELECTING, PRUNING, PLANTING, PAINTING & MORE

3-IN-1 APPLE TREE | Approach & Cleft GRAFTING | THE 3 SHADES OF IV ORGANICS

Grafting Fruit Trees Any Time Of Year–Biologist & IV Organics Plant Expert, Charles Malki

“My Orange Tree Has 3rd Degree Burns!” — HELP!!! IV Organic 3-in-1 Tree Guard Paint

TOMATO CARE | EGG SHELL PUREE | NPK-CA | PEST CONTROL | IV ORGANIC PLANT GUARD

FISH CONTAIN 60+ ELEMENTS, INCLUDING NPK! An Excellent Organic Addition To Your Garden & Orchard!

Winter Citrus Harvest Time, Is Pruning Time TOO!

Q&A w/ Dr. Suzanne DeBenedittis of GreenerWayAssociates.org | Girdling & Sunburn & Pest Control

Summer-Time Pruning Of Fruit Trees For More Spring Flowers & Fruits! |30-DAYS FOLLOW-UP

ANTIBIOTICS FOR ALL PLANTS!!! So EASY…. So NATURAL…. A 100% ORGANIC GARDEN! by IV Organic

5-IN-1 Fig Tree | Grafting & Re-Potting Techniques

Fig Tree w/ 3rd Degree Sun Burns | Up-Side-Down Cutting Method @ La Cañada, California

FRUIT (FIG) TREE TIPS: Winterizing | Pruning | Propagating | Re-Potting | IV Organic Paint

Compost Tea WITHOUT Compost! | YEAR-ROUND Nutritional Foliar Spray | SCALE Pest Control

Part 1 of 4 | GROWING CALIFORNIA NATIVES | Theodore Payne Foundation | Charles Malki & Lisa Novick

Hollywood-Knolls Winter 2017 Garden Club Topics: Shade Plants * Native Plants * Evolution * Organics

Garden Club | Native Flowers & Plants To Support Local Wildlife + Increase Fruit & Vegetable Yields

PART 3 OF 3 | Steve List, teacher @ Sylmar Agricultural Center| Tomatoes | Raised Beds| Living Soil

Be sure to LIKE, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE to watch all the other IV Organic’s educational gardening videos.

1. Daniel Jimenez on June 13, 2022 at 9:37 pm

Does pruning induce flowering?

2. Just For Love on June 13, 2022 at 9:38 pm

My passion fruit was infested with Meal bugs and had to prune it all down. No leaves left so we will see if it will survive the cold winter frost.

3. Zulaiga Worth on June 13, 2022 at 9:38 pm

The hummingbird is great

4. Crystal M on June 13, 2022 at 9:38 pm

I just bought some passion fruit vines. I’m trying to figure out the best spot to plant it. Nice video

5. Alice Avanesian on June 13, 2022 at 9:42 pm

Hi, 40% of my passion fruit vine flowers don’t become fruits. They just dry out after blooming.
    Can you please help me solve this problem

6. CINTHYA KNOX on June 13, 2022 at 9:43 pm

i didnt watch the whole video because it was too long, but ive heard that passion fruit vines have "suckers" like tomatoe plant and need to be taken off, is that true?

7. brendanirl on June 13, 2022 at 9:44 pm

Dear camera person. Universal Studios just called. You didn’t get the job…

8. Dra L L on June 13, 2022 at 9:45 pm

Hi Charles, thanks for this super informative video. I’m in zone 10b and it seems we fruit twice a year, i may be mistaken. Anyhow, i’m having a hard time figuring out when to prune. Right now we are moving into winter, which is very mild and my vines have tons of fruit and still flowering. The first day of spring will be September 21st. When should I prune these vines as they’ve gone too far away to get the fruit, I’d like to bring them back over my pergolas. Thanks so much!

9. Aim2B TL on June 13, 2022 at 9:46 pm

My beautiful 3 yo vine has given us tons of fruits this year and harvest is almost over and it is putting on lots of new shoots how adorable. We use the pulp (it’s quite tart) in chia seed jelly with almond milk, honey and topped with coconut milk. Yum.

10. G Ganesan on June 13, 2022 at 9:51 pm

Wonderful

11. The Crush Band on June 13, 2022 at 9:52 pm

A little long winded and repeatitiive. Like the info, but more focused and simples fast video with steps.

12. mhp0810 on June 13, 2022 at 9:52 pm

Lens flare dude. Otherwise OK

13. TigerA on June 13, 2022 at 9:52 pm

Thank you for sharing of amazing hummingbird nest video.

14. God's Girl on June 13, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Hey Charles, what plant zone are you in? Good info.

15. Chiu Chuang on June 13, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Your video is very informative and interesting to watch, Can you make another video about how to plant passion fruit and growing passion fruit from cutting.
    Thanks

16. chin aik tan on June 13, 2022 at 9:54 pm

A better way to cut passion fruits is to cut off the top 20 percent and avoid cutting pods so the juice do not ooze out during cutting. If you cut into halves 50:50, the juice will be wasted.

17. Natalie Atkins Official on June 13, 2022 at 9:54 pm

Hi, I’m local to Los Angeles, and I’m still looking for a passion fruit cutting to grow a clone. Is there a place I can go or contact for one of your clones, or someone you suggest? Thank you!

18. andry1410 on June 13, 2022 at 9:54 pm

I just prune mine today, is it normal for the plant to be shocked?

19. Firesocks08 on June 13, 2022 at 9:54 pm

0:12 Introduction and overview
    1:10 Showing clone of parent plant and trellis system
    2:30 Good time to prune
    3:47 Hard pruning and defining the heart of plant
    4:40 Pruning tools
    5:00 Growth of parent plant
    6:00 Plant starting to get sun
    6:35 Pruning after threat of frost, failures, warning against pruning after harvest
    8:00 Layers of vines
    8:35 Hummingbird nest
    9:36 On top of parent, vine layers, leaving room for fruit
    11:55 Pruning first steps (clone)
    13:21 Hollow vine branches
    28:10 Feeding the garden
    28:55 Care when pruning near heart of vine
    31:00 Coating exposed trunk for sun protection
    38:00 Protecting cut ends
    39:09 Reasons to keep propagating passion fruit

20. Yass Jas on June 13, 2022 at 9:55 pm

Great video, Thanks for all that information. Any success in air layering passion fruit, like you did with the lemons?

21. Tina Skirvin on June 13, 2022 at 9:55 pm

Thank you for teaching me how to trim my passion fruit. And when to do it.

22. Nicholas Mangraviti on June 13, 2022 at 9:55 pm

Can I buy these products in Australia?

23. Melanie Linkous on June 13, 2022 at 10:01 pm

Great video. Very informative. Loved the hummingbird nest. 💘

24. Tiger Thongchanh on June 13, 2022 at 10:02 pm

I use my old dog kennel don’t run into this problem. It’s 6 ft tall 12 ft long with 12 panels linked togather.

25. oggie c on June 13, 2022 at 10:04 pm

Hi Charles , I want to say thanks to you all the videos that you showed YouTube. I am leaning how to grow the passion fruit vines. But I don’t know when and what kind of fertilize that I can use it and how often should I fertilized.would you please tell me? I’ll appreciated it.

26. Philip Vlismas on June 13, 2022 at 10:06 pm

I grew 2 passion fruit trees, now about 2 years old & used pig wire about 6 inches square mesh, vertical & horizontal over bamboo & the fruit went wild, I had so much & what went over the fence my neighbours enjoyed… Great crop but I needed to prune but didn’t know how to until I watched your video …. Thx so much Charles. I didn’t realize how much you have to cut back & how hardly they are. I’m in Australia & its 1st Sept 2021 so now I have my work cut out for me over the weekend … excuse the pun Lol (^_^)

27. Ri Le on June 13, 2022 at 10:07 pm

Can I trim passion fruit every year ? Tyou

28. agb0012000 on June 13, 2022 at 10:07 pm

That is so cool. Thank you for sharing the hummingbird and her babies. I think that was my favorite part of this video.

29. smurfiennes blue on June 13, 2022 at 10:09 pm

Can I prune everything 50 cm above the ground from the root? So that I get young shoots all over again and not overgrown like yours? I have smaller garden and the passion fruit vines are getting wild. Mine has no fruits, just as decoration

30. Tezzasbigbuz on June 13, 2022 at 10:09 pm

Have you practiced any knf? What’s your thoughts

31. High Elevation Gardening in Chile, 11,640 ft on June 13, 2022 at 10:12 pm

Thanks, best passion fruit pruning guide.

32. Sally Chan on June 13, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Thank you for sharing this video, very informative!

33. saundra V on June 13, 2022 at 10:21 pm

Do you sell the passionfruit vines?

34. Food Forest Permaculture on June 13, 2022 at 10:23 pm

Great tips and love the humming Bird CARE !

35. natalie sanchez on June 13, 2022 at 10:25 pm

Philip, Can you show a picture of your trellis with the bamboo and hog panel?

36. yogi vasudev on June 13, 2022 at 10:25 pm

Thank you for such an educational video.

37. saundra V on June 13, 2022 at 10:26 pm

what do you use to fertilize, and how often?

38. Gladiator4Reign on June 13, 2022 at 10:26 pm

Hello, it’s late April, is it too late to prune my passion fruit? There’s not a lot of dead branches. I guess what I’m really asking is how I can control it cuz it’s overwhelming it’s space

39. Aim2B TL on June 13, 2022 at 10:27 pm

Very educational video on pruning the passionfruit vine thank you. You are also super sweet to care for the hummingbird family by forgoing the pruning. I have two questions for you if you can help me. You mentioned that it can be pruned back to as much as 90% as it fruits on new growth, but wouldn’t that mean really low number of passionfruits will be produced by such a huge % of pruning? Also, since a vine can last for average 3 years, is it ok to plant a new vine at the same spot where the previous one died or is removed? Thank you.

40. osmoregulatoryorgan on June 13, 2022 at 10:27 pm

So pretty much just define your main runner and go ham with the rest.

41. Margo Lord on June 13, 2022 at 10:28 pm

Thanks so much for your timely video. By the way you resemble the actor that portray Quincy.

42. Kathy Hirsch on June 13, 2022 at 10:30 pm

wow that was amazing

43. Venjencie Arnold on June 13, 2022 at 10:31 pm

Great video! I have an urgent question that needs an ASAP answer please. Just now I went outside and notice that one of my healthy passion vines was completely broken into.Tge broken part has 1 small fruit and 3 medium fruits on it already. I’m in Tennessee, zone 7. Is there anyway to save it and without losing the fruit on it?

44. Katie Rizo on June 13, 2022 at 10:31 pm

Does the spray protect passion fruit vine from scale insects?

45. peterinbrat on June 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm

I had great success pinching back from the mother vine then getting side runners about ever two feet. The mother vine grew over 50 ft in one season with the runners going out about 20 ft for about 1000 sq ft of cover.

It really helps to have vertical driftwood for Carpenter Bees to burrow into. They’re excellent pollinators.

46. Tecolote1981 on June 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm

Amazing demo. We ate excited to harvest our purple passion fruits in the next months and planning my pruning calendar. So glad I watched this first. I was thinking of using a rod iron trifold to hold my branches in place. Now, I’m reconsidering it because of the head conductivity you mentioned.

47. Albert Loan on June 13, 2022 at 10:34 pm

Excellent video. I’ve been neglecting my maracuya vines basically because I didn’t know what to do. This video gives me everything I need to cut them back with confidence. I live in Guatemala, so no danger of frost. We’re just coming to the end of our dry season and once the rains come the vines will be growing and flowering. Thanks for taking the time to make this video. Much appreciated.

48. Blue Bear on June 13, 2022 at 10:34 pm

Butterflies keep laying their eggs all over my new baby passionfruit plant!!

49. Emad Saleh on June 13, 2022 at 10:35 pm

I want to plant like you do without anything ..only water and soil. ..can I do it….and when I put it in soil how can I put water and how to put it in sun….

50. Sally Chan on June 13, 2022 at 10:36 pm

OMG! I love hummingbirds! I think they’re the cutest and fastest birds on earth .