DON'T SKIP this VIDEO / / 3 BIG Landscaping Mistakes AFTER the Project

DON'T SKIP this VIDEO / / 3 BIG Landscaping Mistakes AFTER the Project

Personal Note from Bobby K:
What are some of the BIG mistakes made AFTER a project is complete? I got 3 for ya that will make a HUGE difference when you are ready to start enjoying your outdoor living space!
Oh, and meet Veda! She is my pride and joy and she has foundation on her face! Enjoy!

1) Utilizing Materials
We have access to so many cool materials nowadays BUT don’t try to fit everything into your space. Pick a theme and then select materials based on that theme.
2) Transitions
Highly overlooked and SO CRUCIAL when it comes to the overall landscape design.
3) Focal Points
If you’ve watched my videos before you know I LOVE FOCAL POINTS! If you want to bring the heat, put some cool focal points in the backyard to set it off!

If you LIKED the video, Like it!

If you LOVED the video, SUBSCRIBE!

GO WATCH THIS VIDEO NEXT! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGlhSdOrTlI

Furniture Company I LOVE
1) Polywood
www.polywood.com

Great place to find Pots/Planters for Cheap
2) At Home

Best Hardscaping Products around
3) Unilock

Homepage

If you need Design Help
1)Have a Consultation with Bobby K: https://bobbykdesigns.com/get-started/ and click on BLUE Link that says “Schedule Consultation”

2)Sign Up for a Custom Bobby K Design: https://bobbykdesigns.com/get-started/ and fill out the -Customer Submission form. Pricing at the End of the form.

3)Check out the website: https://bobbykdesigns.com/ and check out the portfolio.

4) Want to go deeper with Bobby K? Check out his weekly blog. https://bobbykdesigns.com/weekly-emails/
5) Interested in learning about Bobby K’s upcoming DESIGN SCHOOL and Software? Sign up here to stay up to date. https://bobbykdesigns.com/weekly-emails/

SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/BobbyKDesignsSUBSCRIBE

BUSINESS INQUIRY: bobby@bobbykdesigns.com

*TIK TOK: @bobbykdesigns
* Pinterest: http://bit.ly/BobbyKDesignsPINTEREST
* Facebook: http://bit.ly/BobbyKDesignsFB
* Instagram: http://bit.ly/BobbyKDesignsINSTAGRAM * Twitter: https://twitter.com/BobbyKrull

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Get Your Very Own Bobby K Design ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

** NATIONWIDE Landscape Designs**
If you’d like your very own Bobby K Design, check this out! https://bobbykdesigns.com/welcome/

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WATCH RELATED VIDEOS ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Related Videos:

Curb Appeal on a Budget

Front Yard Master Plan

Category
How to & Style
Landscape Design

1. Michelle Bilodeau on June 14, 2022 at 9:22 pm

I love to Garden. I have used many natural things that I have found in my yard in the 28 years I’ve lived here, like like large stones Etc. I’m so glad I found your channel because I have a project I want to do in front of my house. I get lots of good ideas from watching your channel on what not to do. LOL thank you.

2. Janet Farnworth on June 14, 2022 at 9:22 pm

So they can paint the deck grey, replace the plastic edging and lose some furniture but what can be done about the mixture of grey and brown stone? Would one have to be ripped out?

3. Colleen Renzoni on June 14, 2022 at 9:22 pm

With a natural mulched, whats the best way to keep grass cuttings out of the mulch, when edging?

4. BobbyKDesigns on June 14, 2022 at 9:23 pm

Hey guys! Did you see the mistakes? What are your thoughts? Have you made these as well??? Write a comment below and let me know!!!🔥🔥🔥

5. Peggy Hailstone on June 14, 2022 at 9:25 pm

Thanks Bobby. Really good points (or problems). I will follow because we need to do something with our yard (but we are a long way away in Australia).

6. Gabriel N on June 14, 2022 at 9:26 pm

Beautiful yard location! and place to be outdoors. I only have a few minutes but my immediate feedback would be: 1. No need for plants on both sides of walk (which eliminates edging), the sidewalk itself is the perfect lawn border, keep the planted bed on the inside. 2. The deck stairs jetting out into the patio eats up a huge amount of useable space. A 4′ x 4′ landing against the house (one step below the deck), then steps running alongside the deck would keep them tighter and from consuming precious patio space. 3. Built-in wood seat alongside steps. 4. Horizontal wood slats to create partition to obscure view of utilities, leave cut-outs in concrete on base of this partition to train evergreen (clematis, Jasmine) vines on. If a pool was even a remote possibility I would have designed it into the concept then be sure the project looked good until then but easy to add later.
    Context for my comments: 45 years in design of Landscapes, Eco-Communities, Homesteads, Swimming Pools (1,000’s), Water Features, Farms, Orchards, Greenhouses, lakes, ADU buildings, Habitat restorations, with certified environmental biz in Oregon. Our current Team for design of Pools, Landscapes, Farms: 2 Architects, 2 Permaculture Farms (1 is chef/aquaponics spec.), Naturopathic doctor (for those growing/making herbal products, Regenerative Ag livestock specialist (she has masters), graphic designer w/ masters in Sustainable design, artist (murals for restaurants, etc.)…and me. We design all over US, mostly SoCal (our office), HI, TX, OR, AZ, NV, FL and Central America.

7. S South on June 14, 2022 at 9:27 pm

Who wants to sit next to the air conditioner units. So LOUD. Garbage cans. Exposed electrical all over.

8. Kelly Friess on June 14, 2022 at 9:28 pm

Please please put the empty prop coffee cup down.

9. Bobby Rymer on June 14, 2022 at 9:29 pm

I disagree about the edging. Plastic edging can look good depending on how it’s used.

10. Kent B on June 14, 2022 at 9:29 pm

2:55 The furniture issue is a minor one for the size of their available space. One thing that struck me at this point in the video is: Why didn’t they build a lattice surround for their AC/meter area. it won’t stop the noise, but it would look better.

11. lauren white on June 14, 2022 at 9:30 pm

What a great video. And your daughter is adorable ! To me the “busy “ look was exacerbated by that bright white railing and posts on the beautiful new deck . And thanks for tip about the furniture ! I’m posting some used stuff on line today!!!

12. Dianna Prescott on June 14, 2022 at 9:31 pm

Your daughter is beautiful! Can’t wait to "meet" your son. Thank you for this info. I put plastic edging around the flower beds in my front yard when I started landscaping 20 years ago, and it does look cheap. So glad that I found your videos!

13. Dalina Boryszewski on June 14, 2022 at 9:32 pm

Ok, totally removing the plastic edging 😬

14. Dan Jacobsen on June 14, 2022 at 9:33 pm

Jim Carey’s younger brother?

15. Pat Wilkinson on June 14, 2022 at 9:33 pm

New to your channel and loved the first video I watched

16. Bob Caygeon on June 14, 2022 at 9:34 pm

Really appreciate Bobby’s approachable demeanor. Very good advice and he still remains open to ongoing personal development which is awesome in a trade that can attract big egos.

An important point/tip: whatever design you go with or try on your own, given the increasing severity of our changing weather, please factor in THE MANAGEMENT OF WATER in your plans. Understanding gravity and grading in relation to the behaviour of water will save you lots of time, money and heartache (and–if your married/partnered–many nights sleeping on the couch–OUCH!). Gravity will win EVERY TIME, LOL.

17. Mary Anne Nizio on June 14, 2022 at 9:37 pm

I caught the crazy color combos going on right away

18. E A on June 14, 2022 at 9:39 pm

Do you make online projects?=) where i can send you my 360m2 garden and you can make a plan ? ) if yes, how much would you charge

19. TheYogina on June 14, 2022 at 9:40 pm

Petty criticisms. useless video.

20. Deb Weissler on June 14, 2022 at 9:40 pm

The house towers over the tiny patio. It needs to be larger imho.

21. Mark D on June 14, 2022 at 9:43 pm

Tip #4, have the 3 mistakes highlighted in the video be the same 3 mistakes listed in the description! 😉

22. supercoupe08 on June 14, 2022 at 9:44 pm

Bobby, where is your home base?

23. Mike Maverick on June 14, 2022 at 9:45 pm

I saw all the mistakes you named, but also the trash cans.

I really don’t understand the landscaping jail on the grass side of the patio/sidewalk. I’d rather flow right into the grass than have to step over landscaping jail.
    I don’t even see any jail break anywhere to walk to the grass!
    Pretty, not practical.

24. Rita Fernandes Fernandes on June 14, 2022 at 9:45 pm

Good suggestions

25. Bridget Loper on June 14, 2022 at 9:46 pm

Veta learning from her Daddy was such a sweet little surprise! Great video about the little things that will junk up a beautiful job. ❤️

26. A Black on June 14, 2022 at 9:50 pm

There’s too much talking. it my be my ADHD.

27. Todd Howard on June 14, 2022 at 9:51 pm

Sorry, but most of us can’t afford to buy stone and make retaining walls. We don’t all live in the McMansion neighborhoods. I’d love to have better edging, but low profile plastic looks better than nothing . Your ideas are beautiful, though. If I ever win a landscaping package, I’ll use stone.

28. Jess F on June 14, 2022 at 9:53 pm

I do agree about to many colors. So the homeowner added the edging after the project was done?

29. Tea Jay on June 14, 2022 at 9:54 pm

Ok… then help! I have “curving rock” ground cover with shredded bark behind it. My mistake I should never let my landscaper talk me into shredded bark. How to I keep them divided without doing cheap box store dividers? As it is I’m out there every day picking bark out of the rock. Oh.., yeah, I have to Yorkies that run in it. What was I thinking!!!
    How would you fix this?
    PS. Agree with the color issue. I can stand it when colors don’t blend…

30. Virginia Supnet on June 14, 2022 at 9:54 pm

Great tips! As a real estate sales agent, I agree with your comments.

31. Lynford Seibel on June 14, 2022 at 9:55 pm

I love your videos! Is there any free software that you would recommend to design landscaping? or to help me visualize it?

32. Azra Ikezoe on June 14, 2022 at 9:55 pm

Not rich! All THOSE RETAINING BRICKS COST$$$$$$$ EACH PIECE! YES, PLASTIC IS BAD!

33. Ms.Houdini123 on June 14, 2022 at 9:58 pm

Yep she made me like and subscribe ! Lol

34. Teresa Murphy on June 14, 2022 at 9:59 pm

Your an awesome Dad😊she’s so cute! I think your amazing and you have such great taste and ideas! Thanks for sharing 🙏🏾😊

35. Radi on June 14, 2022 at 9:59 pm

Put more nature in the garden. Natural flowers less short cut grass

36. Zanne McDonald on June 14, 2022 at 9:59 pm

Hello from Australia. Thank you for your videos I am learning a lot. May I ask how to tackle planting under large trees that drop leaves which don’t promote underplanting?
    Eg. our neighbours have large gum trees (Eucalyptus) and large Conifers that drop needles into our yard. The result is our plants die, especially with the pine needles, they kill the soil as they’re acidic. Do I give up and plant a decorative rock instead? 🙂

37. Tami Martine on June 14, 2022 at 10:02 pm

I just found you and have enjoyed a few videos. Will keep watching for sure!
    The things that were jarring to me were 1. The cluttered, crowded arrangement, and the different colors just add to that. 2. The square corners of the patio 3. The sparse and spent day lilies lining the sidewalk. 4. The exposed air conditioner and wires

38. Yu-ger-bloob-highway on June 14, 2022 at 10:03 pm

Hey, been watching your videos and just had a question on what to keep in mind as far as drainage. I have things I want to do, but the only places a nice upgrade to my outdoors spaces, seem to be mostly where the gutters come out. Is there a way around this? And if my yard has a downhill slope, is it still acceptable to landscape the bottom of my hill? Or would some sort of built up edging create soupy spots in my yard? Sorry, I’m new to all of this

39. Morrigan Fey on June 14, 2022 at 10:07 pm

The color mixing wouldn’t have been as bad if the stone had naturally had mixed colors in it.

40. Camille A on June 14, 2022 at 10:07 pm

Good tips … no tacky edging especially. …otherwise looks like dollhouse.

41. Craig McFarlane II on June 14, 2022 at 10:07 pm

looks great! one thing I noticed is the mulch edging along the path way, so every time sometime wants to walk into the grass they have to walk through the mulch bed. would prefer to just have grass up to the edge of the walkway/patio.

42. Matthew Hayes on June 14, 2022 at 10:08 pm

if they didn’t get rid of the furniture, then the fault lay with the designer who failed, yes, failed to take that into consideration, or ask if they intended to get rid of the furniture. additionally, if the designer didn’t discuss the concept of scale with the homeowner, that the projected size of the space will not contain the current furniture then again, the failure is with the designer, not the homeowner. it sounds like the designer knew about the furniture because you commented "the homeowner did not get rid of."

what i see that makes me want to poke my eyes out with skewers is that curved path that is too narrow, using the same cheap stamping pattern. this entire redo looks so cheap and garish it offends every fiber of my being. and what’s up with that pathetic skinny bed next to the path. i’m not even one minute in in and had to stop and comment. the other objection i see is the clash of colors, steps and wall, no brainer, why are they different colors, different top finishes, and different materials. this looks more like a failed weekend warrior diy project versus a professionally designed backyard upgrade, or is it downgrade. there’s other things i see that are not only objectionable, but offensive.

mistakes were made, big mistakes, hopefully lessons were learned. i’d like to finish the video but i can’t, it’s literally that bad. as i’m finishing, this, i sincerely hope this isn’t your work cuz i’m pretty harsh here, but objectively speaking, these are pretty huge and need to be called out as bluntly as possible. if it is yours, maybe it was your first ever project? i know i wouldn’t want to go back and look at the first couple failed landscapes i installed, not gonna lie, i cringe now saying to myself, "what was i thinking?" I wasn’t, that’s the issue.

43. hph081000 on June 14, 2022 at 10:10 pm

I agree the color thing was the first thing that caught my eye. It’s driving me nuts.
    If it was me, I would give the designer a budget, explain how much time I can reasonably spend in maintenance etc etc. Then LEAVE the professional to do what they do best. Not hovering over their shoulder, nothing. If due diligence was done prior in selecting a pro, then why hinder their creativity? The less options they give me the better. Because I’m very indecisive, and will never in a million years invision what a professional, that design for a living, facing challenges in what works, and what don’t. This attitude has paid me dividends, with businesses, employees and vendors. Otherwise save yourself the money and just do it yourself. All I care about is results, and the quality of the work. (No short cuts)

44. Chynna on June 14, 2022 at 10:10 pm

You did this job and your not satisfied. I won’t hire you or take any advise from you. Your like those contractor that will dig into our pockets. The landscape job looks terrible. For a DIY person my 2 acre landscape looks and is more functional than you. Official blocked!

45. EmilyElizabethMusic on June 14, 2022 at 10:14 pm

It’s a miracle nothing flew out of that coffee cup throughout this video 😂

46. dc on June 14, 2022 at 10:14 pm

this guy is so annoying lol

47. Patti on June 14, 2022 at 10:18 pm

It’s ok. I think the patio section should’ve been bigger. 😁. I don’t care for the different colors either. A lot of money for something that doesn’t say WOW.

48. Esther Nelson on June 14, 2022 at 10:19 pm

What design software do you like?

49. Annie Zohar on June 14, 2022 at 10:20 pm

Thanks for these great tips. Veda is adorable.

50. Diana DeOchoa on June 14, 2022 at 10:22 pm

Hello, I just discovered your you tube channel. We are currently trying to make over our landscaping. We have lots of work to do but we know we are wanting to make an area against the house to put a bench to sit. What are your thoughts?