#greenhouse #shadecloth How We Save Our Plants From The Desert Heat

#greenhouse #shadecloth How We Save Our Plants From The Desert Heat

In this video we show how we save our plants from the brutal Desert Heat of summer using a variety of shade and Agra cloths.

If you would like to support our channel, please visit our Amazon shop at:

1. Cut Weld N Grind on June 14, 2022 at 9:40 pm

I live in South Texas right on the border to Mexico. The land in your video looks very similar to my 8 acres. I have always wanted to plant small crops. It used to be 20 acres and they used to plant tomatoes many years ago on it. The weather here has been over 100F and very dry weather just kills all plants. This is a neat project.

2. Faheem Majeed on June 14, 2022 at 9:41 pm

The first order is to take the order.. I think a true gentleman should have no problem with the universal order..
    You two have done good job with pinch of love .
    😊

3. Juan Trejo on June 14, 2022 at 9:42 pm

Great video nice edit .

4. Dee Daw on June 14, 2022 at 9:43 pm

Are you high desert or low desert? What are your spring and summer temps? We are low desert, and its spring April 2022 and its already 90-100 on a daily. Lettuce has been pulled because the caterpillars come and it will bolt and go bitter soon. My chervil is already trying to bolt and that is with like 60 shade cloth on part of the poly greenhouse. Our summer temps will reach 120 by July/August. End of October it was around the temps much like now. We also get aphids when it starts to get hot. One year I left the peppers covered too long and when we uncovered we had spider mites.

5. servant74 on June 14, 2022 at 9:44 pm

Nice of you to ask who’s in charge, but that wasn’t even needed. Smart men know who’s in charge! … at least around my house <<grin>>..

6. jamesfreddys on June 14, 2022 at 9:46 pm

I’m not looking forward to the hot Tucson temps yet. That garden looks great and you two work well together.
    If you like muscle car sheet metal and bodywork please check out my channel.

7. Mark Laney on June 14, 2022 at 9:46 pm

Good 👍 idea

8. queenbmary1 on June 14, 2022 at 9:48 pm

I live in Hereford Az and I am looking into greenhouses because the last one we had my brother bought my mom was destroyed by the wind. BAD choice of location and type. Any suggestions? And did you make a video of building this one?

9. A. Benkovich on June 14, 2022 at 9:51 pm

this greenhouse looks so good too!, I really like the wooden frame and the straw bale was a great idea

10. Marcia Loya on June 14, 2022 at 9:52 pm

How do you keep squirrels, pack rats or mice from entering

11. SybleKabible on June 14, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Is anybody else getting their ears peppered with Funkytown?

12. Taylor Phillips on June 14, 2022 at 9:56 pm

Quality info as usual.

13. No Home Nomad on June 14, 2022 at 9:56 pm

Great idea (wink / wink) Bill on that added shade cloth 🙂

14. MidlifePrices on June 14, 2022 at 9:58 pm

Lookin awesome! 😃👍

15. desecheo winds on June 14, 2022 at 10:00 pm

That is a very successful garden. It looks great.

16. Charles Blythe on June 14, 2022 at 10:00 pm

In what USDA hardiness zone are you? Your land looks similar to ours, but maybe just a bit more arid. We are in 8a and have always struggled with plants dying off during the summer, so we are thinking about building a greenhouse over the winter this year.

17. Jessica Smith on June 14, 2022 at 10:02 pm

curious what % shadecloth this is? It looks like 30%. How does it fare for your plants?
    I’m in Southern California and am in the process of building a greenhouse that will keep my plants alive in the extreme heat! May-November is often mid 90’s to 100’s

18. Mud Hut Homestead on June 14, 2022 at 10:03 pm

The nasturtiums are cheerful. The whole garden looks yummy. Where did you get those clips for the shade cloth from and what are they called? I must have missed that episode! Great job!

19. Joel Timo on June 14, 2022 at 10:04 pm

What if you add shade cloth over the plastic

20. sandra absolom on June 14, 2022 at 10:04 pm

Great video, greenhouse looks great! I was wondering if those barrels filled with water will add more heat in the summer to the greenhouse

21. bandar to72011 on June 14, 2022 at 10:06 pm

U can use misting system to have more cooling effect
    U can use it mainly at 11 am for 20 minutes then at 4 pm

22. Derryn E. Hahn on June 14, 2022 at 10:08 pm

Great veggies Yvonne!

23. rstevewarmorycom on June 14, 2022 at 10:09 pm

So don’t you need a predator (bird rodent) barrier on the east side?

24. Kralphrn on June 14, 2022 at 10:11 pm

your videos are great! thx so much for putting the time to do this

25. CB's Greenhouse and Garden on June 14, 2022 at 10:16 pm

All shaded up and ready for the summer heat! Nice job done you two. Everything is still growing super well inside that greenhouse. I hear ya on picking up some salad dressing to put on those awesome lettuces! Flower was very pretty. Yeah we know who runs the ship over there! LMBO. Stay safe and hope you two have a great weekend!

26. All the Sage on June 14, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Love the way that piece of shade cloth on the ground mysteriously slinks off on its own… 😂

27. Michael Babcock on June 14, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Nice update guys. Yvonne, you have a great looking garden.

28. TIKI TIKI on June 14, 2022 at 10:19 pm

veeery nice!!!!!

29. Michele Walters on June 14, 2022 at 10:19 pm

Plain greek yogurt with a bit of sour cream, a little pepper and garlic powder and then add your flavor. Maybe a little crumbled bleu cheese or feta, or fresh finely chopped dill, maybe a little balsamic drizzle. Anything your taste budd enjoy

30. Tig Lily on June 14, 2022 at 10:23 pm

Great job. Is your greenhouse set for the long edge facing directly south or more to the southeast. I need to relocate mine and am wondering. Thanks for the great video.

31. ryu ken on June 14, 2022 at 10:24 pm

Where did you buy that clear tarp? Looks less prone to ripping than the one I have.

32. Green Dream Project on June 14, 2022 at 10:24 pm

Nice move by covering the western side. I’ve seen people go up to 80 percent shade there.

33. roni carbine on June 14, 2022 at 10:27 pm

Great job, keep up the good work

34. MidlifePrices on June 14, 2022 at 10:28 pm

Brian was wondering why you left the plastic on the ends. Just curious. Thnks 🙂

35. kızgın tosbağa on June 14, 2022 at 10:29 pm

what about watering ratios ?

36. Phillip Pomfret on June 14, 2022 at 10:32 pm

👌🥬🤗✅

37. Lucas Oliveira on June 14, 2022 at 10:34 pm

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing, guys.

38. Mark Osborne on June 14, 2022 at 10:35 pm

You just gave me a great idea. From now on I’ll ask the wife who’s in
    charge of today’s project, then just let her think she’s in charge 😛