3 Simple Houseplant Care Tips to Keep Your Plants Healthy

3 Simple Houseplant Care Tips to Keep Your Plants Healthy

20% off your houseplant order with code Kevin20: https://bit.ly/3cMm1fO Sometimes less is more, and this is the case with houseplant care more often than not! Remember, houseplants don’t actually exist…all plants evolved outside in natural environments, and simplifying their care to reflect that can help boost their growth and overall health.

From leaving them outside when the weather is good, to tips for care while on vacation, to watering from the bottom for more consistent soil moisture, these are simple things you can do to improve your houseplant collection’s health.

SPONSOR: Breck’s

Founded in 1818, Breck’s has built a global brand around Dutch flower bulbs, but has expanded into houseplants as well. These plants came in these recycled plastic cache pots with drainage holes and saucer, in great condition and I’m stoked to add them to the Epic collection!

IN THIS VIDEO

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Other links may be affiliate links in which we receive a commission.

→ Full Article: https://www.epicgardening.com/houseplants/

→ TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@epicgardening
→ Discord Server: https://discord.gg/cuXxvKRwKN
→ FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/epicgardening/
→ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/epicgardening
→ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/epicgardening

DISCLAIMER

Epic Gardening occasionally links to goods or services offered by vendors to help you find the best products to care for plants. Some of these may be affiliate links, meaning we earn a small commission if items are purchased. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. More info on our process: https://www.epicgardening.com/disclaimer/

1. Heidi Bartle on June 18, 2022 at 9:56 pm

Mulching indoor plants is a great idea. What did you use for the mulch?

2. Maige Matthews on June 18, 2022 at 9:57 pm

I am indoor house planting in NYC, US. We’re seeing temperatures as low as 23F outside. Here’s the thing: my apartment complex is so afraid of getting sued that they leave the heat on through the entire season! But that’s not the bad part…
    I have Meyer lemon seedlings growing and (Quercus alba) white oak tree acorns germinating in the same indoor plant-tent facing Northeast-East; so sunrise is a big thing for my Meyers.
    When I infrared-check the temperature, The area is usually cooler than the Meyer leaf. I have full spectrum grow lights, but the Meyers seem to be stretching to them, so I quarter turn them every week. When I set my humidifier to 60%, I only get maybe the high 40%. And when I finally get it to at least the high 50%, the temp is around 85F and the clear plastic is sweating everywhere! The overall temperature (leaf & ambiance) can fluctuate between low 70F to mid 80F.
    Any suggestions? Please help?

3. TianChad 田七摄影 on June 18, 2022 at 9:58 pm

3 Simple Houseplant Care Tips to Keep Your Plants Healthy
    1. Put your house plants outside by season for sunlight. we human created the term ‘indoor plant’
    2. During vacation, top off saucer, use mulch, use water bulb, move plants away from windows to slow down their metabolism*
    3. Watering from the bottom

4. Kathleen G. on June 18, 2022 at 9:59 pm

Trio Star Stromanthe 😭😭 mine died after 3 months

5. Shaikh Shifa on June 18, 2022 at 10:00 pm

Hi thanks so much

6. Aileen’s JOURNAL on June 18, 2022 at 10:01 pm

Love your plants

7. Erecia R. on June 18, 2022 at 10:02 pm

So how long do you keep your plants in their nursery pot ??

8. L W on June 18, 2022 at 10:03 pm

Good , simple, easy to remember and apply tips on basic plant care.🌺

9. Pamela Music on June 18, 2022 at 10:04 pm

Many plant videos give me a headache but yours and Planterina’s are my favorites. You give helpful and concise tips. No unnecessary use of words or details. And both your and Amanda’s voices are just soothing and pleasant. Thank you for creating these videos for us!

10. Mellissa B Garden on June 18, 2022 at 10:06 pm

I actually got a small calender book and I document everything I do to my plants so they don’t get neglected on something by accident or too much of something by accident.
    It work absolutely awesome for me

11. Autumn James on June 18, 2022 at 10:06 pm

So clear and concise! I am so happy I found you!

12. Donna Lee DIY on June 18, 2022 at 10:07 pm

Do you have any knowledge on Purple Heart plants?
    I’m just not seeing great content available on YouTube and my pretty baby just seems to be struggling!

13. miscellaneous michelle on June 18, 2022 at 10:07 pm

💚

14. Michael on June 18, 2022 at 10:07 pm

my self and my lovely husband was able to eliminate our deadly virus hiv with the help of DR AJAKAJA on YouTube. may God continue to protect you sir. you can get in touch with him on his YouTube channel..

15. Epi Whittaker on June 18, 2022 at 10:09 pm

Awesome ideas 🙏

16. 가수노민찬TV매니저이하니(화목토일요일7시) on June 18, 2022 at 10:09 pm

I’m Korean singer Noh Min-chan. I’m touched by your wonderful video. Please hold hands of Noh Min chan TV channel, not this channel.❤

17. Jeff R. on June 18, 2022 at 10:12 pm

2:42 –

Only if the roots don’t reach the bottom ….and if the pot doesnt have multiple holes ..
    If theres roots all the way down and the pot has holes the water will drown the roots and rot them ….

18. Noel Arzola on June 18, 2022 at 10:12 pm

Loving those pots! Where are they from?

19. Lig Yaj on June 18, 2022 at 10:13 pm

I don’t know why my plants not healthy! What kinds of plants food and what kinds of soil?

20. Dani P. on June 18, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Rewatched 00:26 so many times <3′

21. hell_void on June 18, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Im 13 and got a little cactus and i just had to watch this video

22. karen hobbs on June 18, 2022 at 10:20 pm

How do you get rid of white mildew? I have tried everything. My last try is listerine with water. Its in my fruit tree plants and my Joya or wax plant

23. Roxanne Randle on June 18, 2022 at 10:20 pm

HIW TO PREVENT THE METTLESOME NATURE OF OTHERS WHEN IT’S ABOUT YOUR HOUSE PLANTS AND FLOWERS.
    WHAT IS A FULLPROOF DETERRENT TO KEEP OTHERS AWAY FROM YOUR PLANTS.
    WHY DO OTHER PPL HATE THE GROWTH OF PLANT LIFE.
    IS THAT ENVY, A SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS, JEALOUSY OR UNRESOLVED FEELINGS OF INSECURITY.
    PERHAPS IT’S SOMETHING THEY DECIDED WAS FUN AS A CHILD GROWING UP AND NEVER CHANGED.
    WHAT ARE SOME INGREDIENTS TO KEEP FLOWERS AND PLANTS NATURALLY GREEN ABD HEALTHY.

24. Chelsea Hicks on June 18, 2022 at 10:20 pm

What kind of mulch is best for houseplants? Moss, coco coir, rocks?

25. iVenomLegacy on June 18, 2022 at 10:23 pm

Great tips! TY!

26. nikos papado on June 18, 2022 at 10:23 pm

Love your videos!! Could you make one with care tips for mint??

27. Annu Sabharwal on June 18, 2022 at 10:24 pm

Love the staghorn fern behind you

28. Epic Gardening on June 18, 2022 at 10:29 pm

Hope you guys enjoyed! Code Kevin20 gets you 20% off your houseplant order at Breck’s: https://bit.ly/3cMm1fO

29. Therese Prokop White on June 18, 2022 at 10:32 pm

What should be used for good indoor houseplant mulch? Also do you ever use milk or baking soda when you water?
    Note: whenever I go on an extended trip I put all my houseplants in the bathtub. I close the shower curtain and the drain and give them a good but not too much shower/soak. It’s always worked well but I did not know that by doing so I was slowing down what light does to them. Good lesson

30. M Boyd on June 18, 2022 at 10:33 pm

I need some tips on how to care for a Maranta and Calathea indoors! I live in zone 6B so I definitely have to bring them inside for the winter months & I’m terrified to kill them!

31. Cheyenne on June 18, 2022 at 10:34 pm

I’ve noticed when I start neglecting myself I neglect my plants. Maybe I can do some reverse psychology or something 😭

32. Ahmad Essam on June 18, 2022 at 10:34 pm

You are a real man

33. Cheese on June 18, 2022 at 10:37 pm

My grandma is like crazy good at taking care of plants! She has at least 10 plants in each room of her house (it a quite a bigge a house) I don’t get it aaaah

34. Vicki on June 18, 2022 at 10:38 pm

Love that calathea lancifolia and the prayer plants. I have looked, but do you have a video on each, or both of those?

35. John Wayz wayz on June 18, 2022 at 10:39 pm

wao not again god is really, wonderful my two leg’s was afflected by enimes’s I couldn’t work before now God used a spiritual herbalist Dr idialu to save my life finally

36. Michelle C. on June 18, 2022 at 10:40 pm

I’m learning to just leave them alone….10-15 days in between watering. My zz plant isn’t thriving..I ignore it but its not putting out any new growth 😕 but its not my favorite plant either.

37. June Charbonneau on June 18, 2022 at 10:42 pm

When you put your indoor plants outside for a time, how do you avoid getting bugs in the soil that will then come into your house and possibly infect your other plants?

38. Jay Khalate on June 18, 2022 at 10:43 pm

Same with kids, you do more to them and they get spoiled

39. Beautiful2219 on June 18, 2022 at 10:44 pm

Fantastic advice 🪴😁

40. Ashley Sanchez on June 18, 2022 at 10:46 pm

Great video! What was the first plant you showed, it was before the Maranta?? Thank you for sharing.

41. Jasmine Wickham on June 18, 2022 at 10:46 pm

I put a plant outside on a very hot day in New Mexico. I was cleaning and the poor plant turned black. It was nice and Healthy to burnt lmao

42. Yazu Nakarmi on June 18, 2022 at 10:47 pm

I really like to know how you put that plant on the wall behind you. If anyone knows please let me know. Extremely appreciated!

43. elvie on June 18, 2022 at 10:47 pm

Whats the name of that plant the one that have curve and the front color is green? please reply, badly needed to know the name..

44. Zosimo Pablo on June 18, 2022 at 10:47 pm

It’s a helpful tips to keep our plants healthy, thank you Friend for sharing

45. M Woods on June 18, 2022 at 10:48 pm

Trying to keep my rattlesnake alive after killing my trostar and prayer plant.

46. Lovebug7 on June 18, 2022 at 10:50 pm

Taking your plants out makes them prone to pick up insects. I did it once will never do it again.

47. Filippa on June 18, 2022 at 10:50 pm

I have a question, since quarantine I got really into keeping houseplants, and I have 11 in my room now. A short time ago, I noticed they all have thrips, that ruin my leaves. I don’t really know what to do about them because I’m a beginner. They all are standing kinda close together because my room is a little dark and they have to share the light source. (I think that one infected the other and so on. Can you give me any advice on defeating them. Also I have an infected Maranta (same kind as yours in the video) that had besides thrisps some Mealybugs.

48. MJ Arevir TV on June 18, 2022 at 10:51 pm

Nice beautiful collection of plants Watching from California I got new ideas and I love your videos

49. Iandra Bedin on June 18, 2022 at 10:52 pm

I love the plants you showed there. What type of plants are those?

50. V. Wilt on June 18, 2022 at 10:53 pm

This was just about to water versus not to water