DIY Gravel Landscaping Around House | Weekend Project

DIY Gravel Landscaping Around House | Weekend Project

This project is VERY OVERDUE! We are redoing our DIY gravel landscaping that wraps around our house and we are thrilled beyond belief with the results! Plus, you can do this in a weekend! We also are getting our yard summer ready with the best products there are from Scotts!

Thank you Home Depot for sponsoring this video!
Here is everything we used:
Scotts Turf Builder Southern Triple Action: https://homedepot.sjv.io/P0q9eN

Instagram: www.instagram.com/woodbrew_/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Woodbrew
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/Woodbrew/

Business Inquiries:
Team@woodbrew.tv

1. Teague Chrustie on June 20, 2022 at 9:43 pm

Looks awesome! I can sympathize with the garden stones. I’ve been there. I washed them with the hose while it was on a tarp in our yard before putting them back into the garden on top of the landscaping fabric. Isn’t home ownership fun!! It’s rewarding once you complete everything you’ve envisioned.

2. RumMonkeyLady on June 20, 2022 at 9:43 pm

So rewarding, right? Laughed when the shovel broke……not that it broke, but because it happened to me, too! 😊 As always, great job. Thanks for the price breakdown! 👍👏💪❤

3. John Wallace on June 20, 2022 at 9:44 pm

looks great! well done!

4. Scott Morris on June 20, 2022 at 9:46 pm

I was going to say, aren’t you going to wash that gravel……. LOL. It all does look good, you guys did a great job.

5. tone702 on June 20, 2022 at 9:47 pm

LOOKS AWESOME!! Can’t wait to see what the next project will be.

6. darlene sawyer on June 20, 2022 at 9:48 pm

Awesome

7. Yancey on June 20, 2022 at 9:55 pm

A make shift screen shove would have work… Hope you’re not getting any weeds

8. Guy Bowers on June 20, 2022 at 9:55 pm

I had a landscaping business for 11yrars and I never liked gravel, wood chips or anything like that in a flower bed. Just plain ol dirt which is easier to maintain and it can be topped with some fine compost to get a nice look and help the plants. But of course to each his own

9. Dmitriy Bozhinov on June 20, 2022 at 9:55 pm

hope it doesnt rain much in you area, because what you just did was create a ditch right next to your foundation, the water will drain through gravel and pool around your house, you should have a pre – slope and then put gravel on top

10. MAGA MAN on June 20, 2022 at 9:58 pm

This video was much better than I expected. He seems to know what he is doing, and understands that what he is doing in some parts are less than ideal, but you sometimes have to put time and convenience over perfection (something I have learned since buying a mess of a house).
    For the ant, do not put the ant bait on the mound, but around it. If you put it on the mound, there is a good chance the ants will abandon it. You will think it worked, but a few days later you will have mound in another area. Also, make sure you use the proper type of and bait for the ants you have. I have found that the baits and bug killers you buy in stores is rarely as effective as the stuff you buy from places like Solutions Pest & Lawn that only sell pest control supplies. The stuff from department stores seems more like it’s designed to keep you buying it than to solve your problem. Since buying the professional grade products I have much less bug problems (which was a huge problem when I first bought the house) and even the disgusting "pests that shall not be named" seems to have been eradicated. These concentrated products seem expensive, but if you price it out at the ounces you mix into 2 gallons of water, it is actually much, much cheaper than the department store stuff, and it works better. Pretty much the only bug i see inside my house anymore are dead or mostly dead bugs. The stuff I am currently using will keep killing for up to 3 months.

11. Allister Davidson on June 20, 2022 at 9:59 pm

Nice job – good hard work pays off again! Nice to see Donkey is still hanging around too.

12. Kathleen Orce on June 20, 2022 at 10:00 pm

Looks great!!!

13. CaptM44 on June 20, 2022 at 10:00 pm

Looks great! Your grass seed patches will fail to germinate if you put weed control over it

14. asztapaszta9 on June 20, 2022 at 10:02 pm

The hose in the pot is a neat idea!

15. Cliff on June 20, 2022 at 10:03 pm

Looks great!! I moved our Hosta’s away from the house because they tend to get really big in a few years if you don’t break them up and snakes love to sleep under them 🙂 but really you did a great job!!!!

16. agwalck on June 20, 2022 at 10:04 pm

Turned out nice!

17. EmRe Photography on June 20, 2022 at 10:04 pm

I LOVE IT! I also have a mid century house I’m working on and I want to do a rock border around the perimeter with the spiky plants.

18. Dana Owen on June 20, 2022 at 10:06 pm

What a change, looks so good.

19. jim carson on June 20, 2022 at 10:06 pm

Plywood is the best to lay down and throw dirt or gravel on, of course if you have some old junk pieces around, then cardboard would be another good choice, third would be a canvas, never plastic on grass it will burn it.

20. KENT ARIOLA on June 20, 2022 at 10:11 pm

Looks great! Love to see couples work together to accomplish something. Keep doing what you are doing.

21. William Ray on June 20, 2022 at 10:11 pm

Looks great! Get some pre emergent in one of the hand held shaker spreaders and spread it on the gravel. It will keep seeds from germinating in the bed 👍🏻

22. 远方 on June 20, 2022 at 10:12 pm

Where did you get the pot?

23. Tashi Dolma on June 20, 2022 at 10:12 pm

Wow! Great job 👏 👍. Thanks for sharing ur talent.

24. Francesca Aubrey on June 20, 2022 at 10:13 pm

I want to do my backyard similar to this but I would not be able to follow 😂

25. ModernRemade on June 20, 2022 at 10:16 pm

Looks so good! I think the rock cleaned up nicely 😊

26. Scott Morris on June 20, 2022 at 10:18 pm

If you treat your yard 4 times a year, it will start looking good, thats all it takes. Be patient

27. Tony G on June 20, 2022 at 10:19 pm

it looks great im preparing to do my whole backyard since its not landscaped in my new build. so this is very helpful.. i was thinking, why not hose down the gravel when you put it aside in the pile?

28. Francesca Aubrey on June 20, 2022 at 10:20 pm

I want to do my backyard similar to this but I would not be able to follow 😂

29. David Macko on June 20, 2022 at 10:21 pm

You two did a great job, love it

30. I Enjoy Creating Videos on June 20, 2022 at 10:23 pm

Great work Molly & Dylan Thank you for sharing the video with us!👍💖😎JP

31. Kaleb Belcher Design Co. on June 20, 2022 at 10:24 pm

Looks great! Yard work is always tough but you made it look easy

32. Red & April Off-Grid on June 20, 2022 at 10:25 pm

I needed some inspiration, it looks awesome! 🌱🪴

33. Thistledoo 47603 on June 20, 2022 at 10:27 pm

It looks fantastic. The hard work has paid off.

34. william Maldonado on June 20, 2022 at 10:28 pm

Oops! 😬

35. Laura Truth Seeker on June 20, 2022 at 10:29 pm

The lanterns are cool, you should get more!

36. Richard Nordell on June 20, 2022 at 10:29 pm

When you mention slinging a rock through the window, has that happened to you? I blasted a window with a mower last year. That stinks

37. Joker68 on June 20, 2022 at 10:34 pm

I was just wondering, what did you guys end up naming the cat🐈

38. MsCafecito on June 20, 2022 at 10:35 pm

Beautiful home and living space

39. Britt Helms on June 20, 2022 at 10:36 pm

Everything looks great. I have a suggestion on the fire ant killer – I learned from my father in law to leave the paper seal on the top of the container and then poke holes (the number and size of holes you’ll like may vary). Then when you take the plastic lid off the container, you can tip the container on it’s side and give it a squeeze to sort of "smoke" the dust out of the container and onto the fire ant bed. It has worked really well for me here in SC just south of Charlotte NC.

40. Laura Truth Seeker on June 20, 2022 at 10:36 pm

You should have placed old rubber mats, door mats, carpeting or anything else to block weeds, grass you don’t want on your beds. The put in gravel. In North Carolina we use lots of pine bark mulch, it’s large size and put on thickly helps deter weeds and weeds pull out easier plus we put in GROUND COVERS. GROUND COVERS ARE FREAKING AWESOME! Please don’t use poison bug control, use homeopathic organic natural bug killers that you can make at home on hour own. It’s cheaper TOO! Way less costly!

41. Harry Yuen on June 20, 2022 at 10:38 pm

Use a pressure washer on the gravel.

42. Jonathan Heath on June 20, 2022 at 10:39 pm

You need a spade to dig, and a shovel to remove what you have dug. And the stones.

43. PhDGaming on June 20, 2022 at 10:40 pm

How much time did it take you guys? and how much sq ft is that?

44. Jacobo Alamea on June 20, 2022 at 10:40 pm

Good Job bro

45. Tim Hoog on June 20, 2022 at 10:41 pm

Very Good! Sometimes you have to do a do-over to get it right… a roto tiller might have helped loosen up the area for clearing… easy to rake the grass chunks up as you go, Did that for my veggie garden I used to have. And I do believe thats the first reference to Dylan as "husband" instead of stud puppet. :LOL

46. Daniel Alexander on June 20, 2022 at 10:42 pm