Get Rid of Aphids | Florida Vegetable Garden Sustainable Pest Management

Get Rid of Aphids | Florida Vegetable Garden Sustainable Pest Management

Want to know how to get rid of aphids naturally from your vegetable garden? Elise Pickett of The Urban Harvest will show you a simple solution to get rid of aphids fast. If you are looking for sustainable organic pest management this video will show you how to quickly resolve any garden insects so you can grow your own productive Florida backyard vegetable garden. This easy how-to home gardening lesson will get even the beginner gardener to feel ready to grow vegetables in Florida.

0:00 Intro
0:45 What are Aphids?
1:24 How to Get Rid of Aphids in the Garden
2:06 How to Apply Neem Oil to Plants
2:54 Relationship Between Ants and Aphids

__________________________________πŸ“† Upcoming Events πŸ“† ____________________________
I teach several classes online and in person a month on rotating topics:

__________________________________ 🌱 Buy Vegetable Seeds 🌱__________________________
Shop my curated collection of organic heirloom seeds that thrive here in Florida:

__________________________________ πŸ‘‹ Florida Seed Club πŸ‘‹____________________________
Get 3 varieties of in season veggie, herb, & flower seeds shipped to your door each month:

__________________________________ πŸ‘©πŸΌβ€πŸŒΎFree Planting Guide πŸ‘©πŸΌβ€πŸŒΎ_____________________________
Get a free Florida what to plant when cheat-sheet by subscribing to my free monthly newsletter:

Urban Harvest

____________________________β˜€οΈ Recommended Garden Equipment List β˜€οΈ________________
Everything from fertilizer to tools:

_______________________________ πŸ“šRecommended Reading List πŸ“š ______________________
Suggested reading for starting a Florida veggie garden:

_______________________________ πŸ‘‹ Book a Virtual Consultation πŸ‘‹_______________________
Video calls to get all your questions answered – it can be as long or short as needed:

_____________________________________ πŸ‘πŸΌ Follow Me πŸ‘πŸΌ __________________________________
Follow me on Facebook & Instagram for quick tips and tricks:

1. Grafting Tactick on June 23, 2022 at 9:27 pm

Great tips and tricks πŸ‘

2. Dave Schreiner on June 23, 2022 at 9:28 pm

Thanks!

3. Small Garden Quest on June 23, 2022 at 9:32 pm

I have aphids on my eggplant. Going to kill them right now. πŸ˜€ Thank you for the tips and explanation.

4. Julie Levin on June 23, 2022 at 9:35 pm

I have 3 zucchini plants that are producing mottled bumpy leaves, one more than the others. Researching it seems it is CMV which as I read is bad news with no rescue! Do I throw out the plants even though some have fruit growing? Some female z flowers are tightly closed and fruit is spotted but firm. Some plants have some good leaves amongst the mottled.
    Also my soil!! Can I rescue that? The plants are in containers.
    I live in west Palm Beach area. I got rid of a lot of aphids with soapy water, baking soda and epsom salt mix. I have just bought BT for caterpillars which i have used once would BT help the soil if infected?
    Thank you!

5. Rebecca Hendricks on June 23, 2022 at 9:35 pm

In a spray bottle, what ratio of water to Neem oil do you use?

6. Eccentric Nature on June 23, 2022 at 9:36 pm

Yup, neem oil is great. You can also use soap and water on em, diatomaceous earth also helps stop them early. πŸ™‚

7. Paula Hulse on June 23, 2022 at 9:36 pm

They also farm the eggs

8. Patrick Rossi on June 23, 2022 at 9:39 pm

Thank you so much! Neem oil. Love your pallet wall. Respect and love from High Springs.

9. Clair Williams on June 23, 2022 at 9:42 pm

Thanks for this. I just found aphids on my parsley this morning. I’m going to take some tiny containers (maybe caps from soda bottles) and fill them with a sugar/borax mix and put that around my plants. Ants and snails are a huge problem in my garden 😭
    I just found your channel, very helpful to me as a beginner!

10. an na on June 23, 2022 at 9:48 pm

Anyway I can get rid of them without killing them?

11. Daniela King on June 23, 2022 at 9:51 pm

How does the ladybugs react to the neam oil? I don’t won’t to harm our friendly bugs. Thanks for tips! Need to put out the sugar water for sure!

12. Innovative Khurafat on June 23, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Use Dr. Bagwani’s organic peticide. for 100% cure

13. Marie Brumer on June 23, 2022 at 9:57 pm

Good information. Don’t think I could the hand squishing.

14. Lori on June 23, 2022 at 9:58 pm

Thank you. I squished the couple I found the other day, but I am on the lookout because 2 must mean more! Grrrr.

15. rick you on June 23, 2022 at 10:20 pm

Exactly what I was looking for the black insect with transparent wings that are more than double the size of their body, I washed my tomato plants today but definitely will get the neem oil for that and for the white flies on my cabbage also, would be nice if there was an enlarged picture for the insect but I think it’s what I have, thank you so much, thumbs up