How to save 70% on Raised Garden Bed Lumber

How to save 70% on Raised Garden Bed Lumber

A Better Together Life Video!
↓↓↓↓↓↓ CLICK “SHOW MORE” FOR RESOURCES ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Check out our favorite Homestead productions: https://www.amazon.com/shop/bettertogetherlife

Get Prepared with Essential Oils for these CRAZY TIMES: http://www.bettertogetherlife.com/oils/

Get started with BITCOIN from Coinbase: coinbase.com/join/brothe_nq

SHOW NOTES:

We are a better together family of 6 living in an 800sqft Shed to House Conversion and currently converting a 336sqft shed into a tiny house for our new studio! Oh yea, we are doing our best to build a sustainable homestead in central Texas raising pigs, chickens, and rabbits…. and hopefully more!!!!!

#shedlife #buildingahomestead #homesteadlife

1. Ratch game on June 23, 2022 at 10:22 pm

That little clip you threw in there wasn’t totally homophobic at all not at all

2. Lancer525 on June 23, 2022 at 10:22 pm

Neither of my local "big-box" stores have *any* "off" pieces, nothing on clearance, no percentages off, and when I asked about it, the older guy in the apron just laughed and walked away. Have absolutely no idea where you’re finding anything like this. There isn’t any place within 100 miles of me that does this. Might be happening in Texas, but it sure isn’t happening anywhere near me.

3. Trish Rogers on June 23, 2022 at 10:27 pm

Curious to why more people don’t use cinder blocks for raised beds?? I plan on planting flowers and herbs in the holes and thought about painting them and maybe using a simple pretty stencil for looks

4. Leanna Leanna on June 23, 2022 at 10:27 pm

Had me until wear a mask *rolls eyes*

5. Gabe Grafton on June 23, 2022 at 10:27 pm

He’s absolutely right, I worked at THD for several years and I had no problem asking the lumber department supervisor if they could get a discount. Only thing I would add is if they got the forklifts going in the area or a truck they’re unloading out back, might not be the best day to ask because the person who makes that decision is probably very busy.

6. Diane Bunn on June 23, 2022 at 10:27 pm

0:37 Whoa, where did she come from? Just kidding

7. Of Recent Vintage on June 23, 2022 at 10:29 pm

Thanks for this! I’ve just started needing lumber for garden projects in the past year and the prices have been eye-watering.

8. Marrero Family Farm on June 23, 2022 at 10:29 pm

This is a great idea if I’m ever in a pinch. I didn’t know HD and lowe’s had a wood clearance section. Luckily we have a lumber yard where all the wood is half the price of big box stores. God is good!

9. Juggling Life With Purpose on June 23, 2022 at 10:31 pm

I loved these tips, so helpful!… but even more so your character in saying “hey! Don’t be/do …”! Thank you for sharing. Not everyone always thinks so sensibly and I think more people should be better examples.
    Love the channel! Just subscribed! ❤️

10. Jon Huebner on June 23, 2022 at 10:31 pm

I go to construction sites. They throw away a lot of good wood.

11. Ken Pokorny on June 23, 2022 at 10:31 pm

Been doing this for years, nice job sharing TEX !

12. Michael Hollingsworth on June 23, 2022 at 10:33 pm

F the mask.

13. IVIRHANKEY on June 23, 2022 at 10:34 pm

I do this with Lowes. Learned it from an old boss, he would even use this trick on appliances that were dented

14. Kenneth Harrison on June 23, 2022 at 10:34 pm

Update homedepot corperate is ending culls and in my home depot scrap and cull lumber cannot be sold anymore soon must be full price lumber into high

15. ForMontagne on June 23, 2022 at 10:35 pm

How do you use wood that’s splitting in a garden bed? I would like to build garden beds this spring, but the price of wood in my area is astronomical. I just wonder how split boards could work, maintaining the integrity of the build/putting screws in etc.

16. Victory Begins in the Garden on June 23, 2022 at 10:38 pm

Dumpster dive

17. Kristi Cornwell on June 23, 2022 at 10:42 pm

Great tips! Especially the kindness & "reading the room" for behavior clues. Thanks!

18. Mr. Ray on June 23, 2022 at 10:44 pm

Omg where did you get that shirt?

19. P McAlister on June 23, 2022 at 10:44 pm

Nope…no muzzle compliance just to save a dollar! What is freedom worth?

20. Seahawksl1969 on June 23, 2022 at 10:45 pm

You lost me at the "wear a mask part".

21. SepticSpud on June 23, 2022 at 10:46 pm

As a supervisor of the Lumber department at a Home Depot, I would have no issue helping people save money with cull, especially if they were nice and did what you were saying

22. Amanda Albrecht on June 23, 2022 at 10:46 pm

Our home depot isn’t to into given discounts…even on things that are marked down and signed. They will be rude and not fix it at register and customer service desk is worse.

23. Right Man on June 23, 2022 at 10:46 pm

Put on the mask 🤤

Gtfoh, this is America – and you’re in Texas for freedom’s sake! 😏

24. Elizabeth Ivey on June 23, 2022 at 10:49 pm

Great video.

25. kentuckyprepper1792 on June 23, 2022 at 10:50 pm

I’m using oddly large sized pallet wood for garden beds this year.

26. Richard Overby on June 23, 2022 at 10:51 pm

I used to work at Lowes and we created cull packs all the time (I worked a decent size store so it was about 2-3 times a week).

Lowes usually has them out front as they want to draw attention to it. THEY DO NOT WANT TO HAVE A TON OF CULL PACKS ON THE GROUND as this really creates a poor visual image for them.

It’s churn and burn for these items. You can often ask for an additional discount if you buy multiple cull packs. I was a dept supervisor and had guys on speed dial that I would call to come grab them at a killer price just to get them gone (again management doesn’t want this sitting for too long).

I can say that there were times where we practically gave it way because they bought so many (several of my go to guys would bring a large trailer and we would just fill it up with the cull packs)

It was a win win for them for sure. Hit me up if you ever want to learn any other insider tips lol

27. Batpherlang Kharkrang on June 23, 2022 at 10:52 pm

Hi….. 🎥👍👍👍

28. Brandon Tran on June 23, 2022 at 10:53 pm

Great Tip indeed. I love taking a look at that pile. I’ve been able to get some really amazing deals there on 2 occasions. I always take a look.

29. dede Lisbom on June 23, 2022 at 10:57 pm

Shed Plans provides me correct plans for garages and outbuildings too. You can learn to build many things like large Garage, Elevated Sawdust Bin, Lawn Tool Storage Cabinet, Garden Windmill, etc shedbuilder.work Despite being a newbie it’s such a package that enables me becoming to work just like an expert woodworker and complete projects in far less time than I used to.

30. TÙNG TÙNG on June 23, 2022 at 10:58 pm

Is it worth making your own shed?

31. kevin latulippe on June 23, 2022 at 10:59 pm

Hey look here someone who is logical who would of thunk 👌

32. Julie Kraft on June 23, 2022 at 11:02 pm

Good tip,good respectable advise too for those who usually are "that guy"!👍

33. Cathy vonJess on June 23, 2022 at 11:03 pm

Great tip! Ty!!

34. James Aust on June 23, 2022 at 11:06 pm

Tip 1 : 70% off lumber.
    Tip 2-100 : don’t be an ass.

35. toolntims ideas Tim Harrison on June 23, 2022 at 11:07 pm

Man !!! Your killing me every since you put out this video my stash is not there anymore 😡

36. The Universe on June 23, 2022 at 11:08 pm

Thank you for this awesome information. My daughter’s in Houston and I’ve got all the seedlings started, now is the part of getting the garden bed together.

37. robert homler on June 23, 2022 at 11:08 pm

what home depot do u go to? everyone ive been in if the lumber is warped and cracked its sold as premium. that goes for lowes and southernlands also. i spent 2 days going through hardwood at all 3 places plus 2 other lowes and home depots in other towns finaly found 1 1"x2" that was straight enough to use. had to settle for getting 2"x6" and ripping down .

38. Tom Stewart on June 23, 2022 at 11:09 pm

My wife and I live on the "Big Island of Hawaii and we got a 600 SQ. FT. home 2 years a go. As my wife is 71 and I will be 68 next mouth, There is no chance of us to having Kids.
    The house had outside walls, Doors, and windows, But the inside was nothing but studs. So we spent the next two years working with a contractor to get Pluming, Propane, Electric installed. We also got a 5 K gallon water catchment system set up.
    One of the ways we saved money was to use Culled wood from Home Depot as you did, But also used Pallet wood for things like Open Shelving in the Kitchen and all of the raised beds we are using is 100 % Pallet wood and here I get them for FREE!

39. GBL— The Ole Church 5 Acre Homestead on June 23, 2022 at 11:09 pm

🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🇨🇦Reclaimed Lumber is the only way to go if you can get it! Locally banded sawn is also very good and fairly cheap!

40. Andrew Davis on June 23, 2022 at 11:12 pm

Masks are not polite or respectful at all. They reinforce a lot of untrue propaganda items and assume that other people are stupid enough to take you seriously.

41. Denis A. on June 23, 2022 at 11:12 pm

Masks are useless (fact), and I’d not wear it just to get a discount. If a person is good, he or she will help anyway. if not, there are other places to buy lumber.

42. Mark Kiel on June 23, 2022 at 11:14 pm

Home Depot discontinued that culled discount. Too many people spraying good lumber with purple paint

43. Mihir K Patel on June 23, 2022 at 11:14 pm

I started converting some of the lawn to permaculture style garden beds at my folks home this past year. Cardboard, mulch, soil & seed is the basic formula. Most of the mulch I got for free from a tree company that was working across the street. I use logs found around the area, from trees being cut down as edgers. I presume they’ll be good for a decade or so and you don’t need more than 4-6 inches of soil to grow most vegetables.

44. The Burning Pen on June 23, 2022 at 11:15 pm

I got pine shipping crates for basically free once, lol. They’re pine, sure, but you can’t be a 100% discount!

45. Alexander Pitman on June 23, 2022 at 11:16 pm

If I’m honest, I’ll probably go with a metal roofing garden box with wood cap plates next year. It will be cheaper than building the thing entirely out of wood. Also a good place to get wood, for free, is to break up pallets. So, just putting that out there…

46. Linda Putthoff on June 23, 2022 at 11:17 pm

Ignore your daughter but she is right it is good for your show.

47. Priscilla Ruiz on June 23, 2022 at 11:19 pm

My home Depot already has discounts on bad and split wood. Good vid though 👍

48. andrademeza on June 23, 2022 at 11:19 pm

Wen i worked at HD i gave anybody a 5% discount if they asked. If they asked for more i called a manager and the manager would just do it.

49. Mark Kiel on June 23, 2022 at 11:20 pm

The Home Depot’s stopped it this month. If you have a store that still does it you are fortunate. I work for Home Depot and was surprised we discontinued the program until it was explained why

50. John Pierre on June 23, 2022 at 11:22 pm

Your daughter is brilliant. She said ‘lumber is great for shows ‘..I think she’s referencing you doing an entire YouTube ‘show’ on lumber and finding the bargain lumber. She is already pushing your business forward 🙏. Bright young lady ..