DIY Water Fountain Using a Bucket and Solar Pump, Cheap and Easy Upcycle, Recirculating Fountain

Cheap and easy water feature for your garden! In this video I show you how I made a simple recirculating fountain for birds using a kitty litter bucket. This was such a fun and easy project and the birds have been loving it.

Solar Pump: https://amzn.to/2S888DO

( DISCLAIMER: Links included in this description might be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting Char’s Nest so I can continue to provide you with free content each week! )

1. Diane Young on July 4, 2022 at 10:44 pm

The holes you did were too small, not big enough to let the water disperse, you would have got away with less if you had widened them. This is a cool project though, got my thinking cap on as to what I would like to make.

2. Arlene Drake on July 4, 2022 at 10:45 pm

I’m going to do this

3. Don Block on July 4, 2022 at 10:46 pm

Let me start off by saying that I like the concept. However, it is quite apparent that you are not really knowledgeable with tools. I don’t say that as an insult, but that you could have done yourself so much better by using things other than a glue gun. A cordless hand drill, with a 1/2" bit for the tubing, and perhaps something like a 1/4" bit for the holes and pump cord would have been much cleaner, easier and quicker. Lastly, if you had added about a couple inches of rock into the bottom of your bucket, it would have kept your pump secured in one spot. No hating, just a few pointers. Thanks, you’ve given me an idea I will use myself.

4. Kristina Schewenius on July 4, 2022 at 10:49 pm

Lovely! Just got one of those pumps, now I have more ideas of how to finish the project🤩

5. Patrick Roitman Vilella Piatt on July 4, 2022 at 10:56 pm

heat the nail and eaily got all

6. Terry Rhuebottom on July 4, 2022 at 11:00 pm

I’ve been looking for something for a completely different project but when I saw the bird I though this was an insanely good idea!!!

7. Florida Ladybug on July 4, 2022 at 11:00 pm

This gave me lots of ideas. Thank you! 🐦🐦🐦

8. Ceares on July 4, 2022 at 11:02 pm

This is perfect. I’ve been hanging on to my litter buckets, looking for a way to use them for something like this and it’s perfect. I plan on stacking a few to get some extra height.

9. cutflower on July 4, 2022 at 11:04 pm

How did you mount the solar panel? Or did you leave on the ground?

10. moochy the cat on July 4, 2022 at 11:04 pm

Are there any predators lurking near the bucket? When I put up a feeder, the predators would pick off the birds.

11. Betty Gentry on July 4, 2022 at 11:06 pm

Excellent video!

12. Toosiya Brandt on July 4, 2022 at 11:08 pm

Hi
    Nice! But how do you keep the water fresh if it is recycled by the pump?
    Shalom to us only in Christ Yeshua returning soon to reign over the world from Jerusalem.

13. joanne smith on July 4, 2022 at 11:10 pm

if you make a metal stick on your cooker hot , or use something thin make the holes slightley bigger on the spray and it wont spill over the side of the bowl ray

14. Ayr Miller on July 4, 2022 at 11:12 pm

I wish I had a glue gun in the locations I’m building diy bird fountains!
    Thanks for sharing this project!

15. karmelicanke on July 4, 2022 at 11:15 pm

Great job! I’ll copy your example but use smaller stones and leave a bare space where the birds can splash and bathe easily. Thanks

16. INTERNA9 on July 4, 2022 at 11:16 pm

LOVE it!

17. R S on July 4, 2022 at 11:16 pm

Char… Loved it… Another creative project…I will be transforming my backyard with the inspiration I got after watching your vids… Will share my work once I am done… Thanks Again…

18. bltefft on July 4, 2022 at 11:17 pm

very creative. Any problem with algae growing in the bucket?

19. Ellen Kelley on July 4, 2022 at 11:20 pm

Love this. So creative. I am going to try it. Thanks for the inspiration.

20. Marilynn Johnson on July 4, 2022 at 11:20 pm

Great idea! I didn’t see where you bought the solar pump.

21. Dave Scott on July 4, 2022 at 11:21 pm

How about putting a notch in the hose to lower the pressure of the water so the emitter(s) would through out less water? An experiment to keep the water in the bucket and vary the look of the fountain.

22. Patrick Roitman Vilella Piatt on July 4, 2022 at 11:23 pm

the holes are made in wrong way ..the rigth is on the top so you got a depression on bordes of the small holes and drain better…

23. P T on July 4, 2022 at 11:25 pm

You are so cleaver! Going to do this myself. But you have to wonder why someone doesn’t come up with a kit for us birdlovers, so it’s a one-stop operation.

24. Sara Beth Williams on July 4, 2022 at 11:25 pm

Look up Robbie and Gary Gardening easy. She has so many solar Fountain videos. Alot of these are copied

25. Miguel Angel Pena on July 4, 2022 at 11:26 pm

Is the spray paint toxic to the birds?

26. fuelingforthelight on July 4, 2022 at 11:29 pm

Spray paint is not safe for birds. There is no need to paint the lid, which is hidden under the rocks anyway.

27. Terry on July 4, 2022 at 11:32 pm

Great idea. Got lots of the stuff laying around, going to try this one. Thanks for making the video!

28. william taylor on July 4, 2022 at 11:32 pm

love this thank you

29. robin flory on July 4, 2022 at 11:32 pm

Would drilling the fountain head holes bigger make spray lower?

30. pdxwildchild Roberts on July 4, 2022 at 11:33 pm

Love your project💯💜You can also cut a small
    " X " with a razor and just push the airline tubing through (the X holds the tubing snug)..and for the drain holes, scissors are great..just puncture and push n spin it, till ya get the perfect size holes👍💜👍

31. SoupSpoon on July 4, 2022 at 11:33 pm

Yes it was the exact video, I was looking for. I will tell you it was better than most. I laughed so hard, when you showed the water going ever. I’m now a subscriber. Thank ❤️

32. Mohamed Borhami on July 4, 2022 at 11:38 pm

Good work , i ‘ll try it , its simple , elegant and smart . thank you for yur creative idea .

33. Samir S on July 4, 2022 at 11:38 pm

NIce. Love it

34. mizzpeller gingersnaps on July 4, 2022 at 11:39 pm

Good job. Maybe larger holes instead of more?

35. Diane Young on July 4, 2022 at 11:39 pm

Few times I have wanted to make holes in plastic, I have done it by heating the tip of a metal skewer on the gas hob and used that. It works really well. Just obviously be careful not to touch the end and cool it down by placing in cold water afterwards.

36. Myriam Aguirre on July 4, 2022 at 11:44 pm