Don't Build Raised Garden Beds Until You Watch This

Don't Build Raised Garden Beds Until You Watch This

Lumber dealers hate these raised garden beds. I built concrete raised beds, galvanized roofing beds, and more. Thanks to Bespoke Post for sponsoring this video! Head to http://bespokepost.com/haxman20 and use code HAXMAN20 to learn more and get 20% off your first box. I built cedar beds, concrete raised beds, galvanized roofing beds, and more. I’m looking at the raised beds I’ve built over the last year to see how they held up. Did the concrete raised bed fall apart? Did the galvanized metal raised bed get too hot? Did my cedar raised garden beds rot away? In the end, I made 18 raised beds from 2x12x12 untreated lumber to save time so we could be ready for the planting season. Thanks for watching! 👍 SUBSCRIBE: https://bit.ly/2Iy7PK3

Don’t Make This Mistake When Buying A Tractor! https://youtu.be/FRkOomvYv_8

The Secret To Beating Food Shortages And Hyperinflation https://youtu.be/Ka_flKFG2gw

Family Building Projects

How To Make Raised Garden Beds https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCK5XUSikQGokL7jACOC3tpyoURqebVRL

Her Reaction Made This Fireplace Mantle Worth All The Work https://youtu.be/yaGyoe2cck0

I hope to inspire you to create your own projects at home after watching my videos. In everything from DIY home renovation projects to custom furniture to projects that help us become more self-sufficient, I hope to show you how with a little ingenuity you can make stuff at home too.

1. J Lathem on July 8, 2022 at 10:40 pm

Thanks for the updates. Very interesting projects.

2. Koru N/A on July 8, 2022 at 10:41 pm

What gauge metal were the roofing panels that you used?

3. 4Bridges RealEstate on July 8, 2022 at 10:42 pm

What’s the reason for not using pressure treated wood on the raised beds?

4. tpl 608 on July 8, 2022 at 10:42 pm

I’m surprised your parents didn’t take you to someone who had them as a kid. You are lucky you are not sterile now. Get that checked. Always get your shots, including COVID

5. cain308 on July 8, 2022 at 10:44 pm

That’s the same thing we do with our chickens. I was kinda "meh" on the whole chicken keeping thing, but my wife who grew up in Eastern Europe was all for it. I was not big on the idea of having to clean out chicken shit every other day or something, as with two children and a cat I have enough dependent animals to deal with. She looked up that same method of putting the wood chips down though, and we had the same result. No smell at all. And twice a year we scoop the entire mixture out and let it compost before adding it to our garden!

Also, it IS really nice to get those eggs…

6. Joint Venture with God and me. on July 8, 2022 at 10:47 pm

I got chickenpox as an adult with three kids at the time. It was just as awful 😣 as you say, I was a walking Frankenstein. It’s funny retrospect remembering how people would cling to the walls as I walked through 😳😫🤒

7. Simple-Earth's Quest on July 8, 2022 at 10:47 pm

Thanks for an informative and pleasant video. Just found your channel, and although my climate is super different – I can definitely put your knowledge sharing to work here.

8. Mattybot 3000 on July 8, 2022 at 10:48 pm

There is one PISSED OFF blue jay in your backyard!

9. michele Dickey on July 8, 2022 at 10:49 pm

Where are you located? I am really getting a lot out of your videos. Thank you sooo much for sharing all of your knowledge.

10. HAXMAN on July 8, 2022 at 10:52 pm

11. Erin Hall Makes on July 8, 2022 at 10:54 pm

You almost busting a nut to move the urn onto the base then her asking you to turn it around was priceless.

12. Nicole Mazza on July 8, 2022 at 10:54 pm

Thank you for all your videos. They’re so informative. I love your laid back style. It’s like we’re just hanging out in your backyard. LoL.

13. I wish I knew on July 8, 2022 at 10:55 pm

Urgent…. Chicken Pox in an adult is extremely rare, yet within the last year, it’s been pretty common. I’m wondering if he’s been vaxd for c19. Boosters, etc.

14. Monkey Trainer on July 8, 2022 at 10:55 pm

That knife in the box is called a Hori Hori. It’s my right hand man in the garden. I never go work in the garden without mine.

15. Ray Tripp on July 8, 2022 at 10:55 pm

Barking just reminds you where the MRE is at

16. Alejandro on July 8, 2022 at 10:56 pm

You sold that box quickly for me. New fan my favorite channel now

17. tpl 608 on July 8, 2022 at 11:00 pm

Inflation is minor. Stop with the Republican boogyman talking points.

18. Aboriginal Indigenous Lady on July 8, 2022 at 11:02 pm

Why not use cider blocks to make your Raised-Beds?

19. Geo Dav on July 8, 2022 at 11:02 pm

My ribs feel like that aswell

20. Barbara Gravett on July 8, 2022 at 11:02 pm

Me to

21. Alejandro on July 8, 2022 at 11:04 pm

I yearn to have some acreage for chickens cows and garden ❤️

22. Darrell Brown on July 8, 2022 at 11:06 pm

You mentioned adding another 2×12 on top of the existing sides, beware that water will escape out between the boards. I did that as well. Maybe place some plastic on the inside. Thanks for all your info. Nice job.

23. Alice Cowan on July 8, 2022 at 11:08 pm

Love you and Kim!👍🏼💜🥰

24. tina Redington on July 8, 2022 at 11:10 pm

would it have been better to put 4×4 cement feet under the legs to keep it off the ground?

25. Tom Jeffries on July 8, 2022 at 11:14 pm

20:30 that’s a great idea.I have regular spruce raised beds that I know will be rotting away. You only need to build one side of the form if you do them in time.

26. Tom Cooper on July 8, 2022 at 11:14 pm

I appreciate your videos. Thanks for making them. I think I might try to make the burn barrel pizza oven. 👍

27. Henry McClane on July 8, 2022 at 11:15 pm

I would like to build these for a flower garden and veggies too. First off why do u put concrete on the outside. I though of painting them green. Also I would like to string about five of the together. How you attach them together? Could you provide a list of the materials?

28. Woolval52 Woolval on July 8, 2022 at 11:16 pm

That tip on getting a 16′ length of cattle panel home was priceless. Obviously I didn’t think of that… Sometimes the simple solutions are overlooked. Thanks!

29. Richard Sittel on July 8, 2022 at 11:17 pm

I had chickenpox as an adult, I was MISERABLE FOR ABOUT 10 DAYS. Pox on pox. Great video.

30. Joyce Obeys on July 8, 2022 at 11:18 pm

Oh my, How did you get chicken pox?

31. Johny Szarko on July 8, 2022 at 11:20 pm

What did you use for the perimeter fencing? I have a large(ish) property and am looking for solutions for the privacy issue. Also love your videos. I’m in Canada yet most of your applications are relevant here..Thanks

32. Mathew Davis - Adventures and DIY on July 8, 2022 at 11:21 pm

Looking good. If we listened to everyone’s opinion we’d found find ourselves setting in the house watching TV. So many opinions why it won’t work from people that have very little knowledge of what they are talking about. Everything is looking really good.

33. Erin Hall Makes on July 8, 2022 at 11:22 pm

Really love the updates on these garden beds. I came on to look at concrete boards ones you made and see if it would work and you reminded me probably not because you are 9 I am 6b

34. tpl 608 on July 8, 2022 at 11:24 pm

Holy commercials Batman

35. Maedora Smith on July 8, 2022 at 11:24 pm

😂 I watched you make it

36. Aaron Todd on July 8, 2022 at 11:25 pm

I got chicken pox when I was 25. I’m almost 45 now and had the flu and various ailments. Chicken pox was by far the worst. It felt like I had the flu for almost a month. Glad you’re better!

37. Tom Jeffries on July 8, 2022 at 11:26 pm

With 3 children the chicken pox only lasted a week. They we’re thinking about Hardy panel, not backer board.

38. Cheese Fries on July 8, 2022 at 11:29 pm

Filling raised beds is amazing; no matter how much soil you buy they never seem to fill up. You could fill a 2 foot by foot bed with more soil than exists on the planet and somehow you still need to go buy another bag. Putting stumps and logs at the bottom is the way to go.

39. Khem Boi on July 8, 2022 at 11:29 pm

i built mine with concrete cinder blocks, 14 of them, 3 width 4 of them length wise, very inexpensive and easy to get into for beginners, takes 10 1 sq ft bags of top soil.

40. Attila on July 8, 2022 at 11:30 pm

doesnt wanna use treated wood but no problem with construction adhesive

41. NotMuchHere27709 on July 8, 2022 at 11:30 pm

that cattle panel trick works for 1 or 2 … if you are moving 25 not so much. … bolting two 2x4x16 to the bed … does NOT work. Two alternative that do work …. seller delivery … 18 foot flatbed works too!

42. Jaws Greatwhite on July 8, 2022 at 11:30 pm

Love the content and now I’m a new subscriber. I just made my first raised garden bed from cedar planks which are joined together by stones with slots in them to hold every thing together. Cost for lumber and the stones was about $140 bucks plus the cost of the 16 bags of dirt needed. It turned out great and I can’t wait to plant as soon as the weather improves.

43. Jeff Benefield on July 8, 2022 at 11:32 pm

15:21 "Thank you." NOTHING MOTIVATES A MAN MORE THAN HIS WIFE SHOWING THAT SHE APPRECIATES WHAT HE DOES SPECIFICALLY TO PLEASE HER. I am in zone 5. I will have to try the backer board trick. Its good to experiment..

44. Joint Venture with God and me. on July 8, 2022 at 11:33 pm

You guys are a wonderful couple to watch🥰🥰🥰Love y’all family and Love the content, learning so much.

45. R J on July 8, 2022 at 11:33 pm

My EX got chicken pox when he was 24. He was traveling alone at the time and got so very sick he couldn’t get out of the hotel bed. He even got them in his lungs from smoking cigarettes! He thought he was gonna die!

46. Tom Jeffries on July 8, 2022 at 11:33 pm

15:30 I think we’re related. hahahahahha!

47. dennis harvey on July 8, 2022 at 11:34 pm

we’ll if it isn’t Mike Honcho himself?

48. Find it Funny Comedy on July 8, 2022 at 11:34 pm

I love your sense of humor!

49. Jess Per on July 8, 2022 at 11:36 pm

i guess you kind of answered my question about using the BB in a place that has a lot of freeze/thaw cycles 🙁
    northeastern ny state zone 5a

50. Mike C on July 8, 2022 at 11:37 pm

@ 20 min great idea to pour cement forms for raised beds. those wonder board ones are neat too