Grow An Organic Home Garden of Medicinal Herbs, Organic Fruits and Vegetables

Grow An Organic Home Garden of Medicinal Herbs, Organic Fruits and Vegetables

Does organic home gardening or organic homestead farming sound appealing to you? Have you ever thought about how to grow vegetables at home?

This has been a dream of mine for many years now but living in an apartment in New York City has limited my ability to do so.

So until I have a home with a yard, I will study other people’s organic home gardens and see how they grow organic garlic, grow organic tomatoes or organic potatoes.

Dr. Pamela Yee, MD is our guide today. She is a functional medicine doctor who has been growing her own organic home garden for 12 years. Functional medicine is system biology-based approach to medicine whereby they search and treat the root cause of an illness. Oftentimes, they will use food and herbs as medicine or for preventative measures.

She grows medicinal herbs, fruit trees, organic vegetables. She shares the medicinal and health benefits of many of the vegetables that she grows. This idea of permaculture where plants have multiple uses, creating a balanced eco-system.

To read more about Dr. Pamela Yee and functional medicine

Home

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/drpamelayee

If you are interested in learning more about permaculture and home gardens, Dr. Yee suggests reading these books to help you get started!

The New Organic Grower, 3rd Edition: A Master’s Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener
By Elliot Coleman

Hosted by Risa Morimoto

1. Nguyễn Ngọc Linh on July 12, 2022 at 11:15 pm

*Delicious* ♥ Let’s interact together 9029857

2. Jaycee 1 on July 12, 2022 at 11:15 pm

Great video. Thanks for sharing

3. Barbara Warren on July 12, 2022 at 11:18 pm

Oh my goodness! She has a paw paw tree!

4. Modern Aging - Holistic Health & Wellness After 50 on July 12, 2022 at 11:19 pm

Do you have an organic garden? If so, what do you grow?

5. DINESH SINGH on July 12, 2022 at 11:20 pm

Good. ❤

6. Paul Griffin on July 12, 2022 at 11:20 pm

I felt like I was taken away for half an hour. So beautiful. Thank you.

7. Saverio Parapugna on July 12, 2022 at 11:23 pm

Great video, heard about you via an IIN presentation. on farms and physicians. Hope to meet you in the future, Feb 2021. This virus season got me interested in nutrition via food.

8. Reign Allens on July 12, 2022 at 11:24 pm

So cool how i was able to beat the herpes virus with the help of Dr.ademiso on youtube

9. Marie Isabelle Gasasira on July 12, 2022 at 11:24 pm

This is so encouraging, I have always dreamed of having a garden like this, it gives me more hope to have one like this one day. Beautiful 👍🏽

10. Colet Venter on July 12, 2022 at 11:30 pm

in SA paw paw trees are commen, but at coastal areas in tropical areas

11. Olina Young on July 12, 2022 at 11:31 pm

Thanks!

12. Marie Isabelle Gasasira on July 12, 2022 at 11:36 pm

I am searching for good schools for integrative nutrition, anyone who can suggest a good ? Thank you 🙏

13. kyb01044 on July 12, 2022 at 11:39 pm

I enjoyed the video very much. Thank you for sharing this. My wife’s tomatoes were all bitten by wild rabbits but this video encourages us to move forward. Does she publish a book?

14. WESPROUT West End Sprout on July 12, 2022 at 11:46 pm

I love it, what a beautiful garden! I’m enjoying your channel so much, thank you for taking the time to make these videos!:)

15. Marie Isabelle Gasasira on July 12, 2022 at 11:46 pm

Hello Risa, thank you for this video, very informative and educative. Can I ask you where you did your studies for integrative nutrition? Which school did you go to?

16. Barbara Warren on July 12, 2022 at 11:46 pm

Loved this!

17. Edith Spencer on July 12, 2022 at 11:50 pm

1) Paw-Paws are native to North America; they are actually related to the cherimoya and soursop, which is native to Central America! The fruit does not transport AT ALL and you really do need the trees to experience them!

18. Reign Allens on July 12, 2022 at 11:53 pm

Living with the genital herpes was really hectic for me till i got in contact with Dr.ademiso on youtube who got me the permanent cure

19. Renee E on July 12, 2022 at 11:59 pm

I love this channel 💓

20. Barbara Warren on July 13, 2022 at 12:04 am

What a gorgeous, functional garden! ❤

21. MY CROP on July 13, 2022 at 12:05 am

*घर पर जैविक सब्जियां के उत्पादन की तकनीक सीखें मात्र 200 रु में*
    आज ही डाउनलोड करें प्ले स्टोर से My Crop एप्लीकेशन
    आज के समय में बाजार में उपलब्ध लगभग सभी सब्जियां रासायनिक हैं सब्जियों के उत्पादन में अंधाधुन केमिकल का उपयोग हो रहा है जो शरीर के लिए हानिकारक हैं। इस वजह से हर कोई अपने घर पर सब्जियां उगा कर खाना चाहता है लेकिन सही ज्ञान और मार्गदर्शन की कमी के कारण यह उनके लिए एक मुश्किल काम बन जाता है my crop एक ऐसी एप्लीकेशन है जो आपको जैविक सब्जी उत्पादन की संपूर्ण जानकारी देती हैं इस एप्लीकेशन में 20 चैप्टर में पीडीएफ वीडियो दिए गए हैं इसके माध्यम से जैविक सब्जी उत्पादन को समझाने की संपूर्ण कोशिश की गई है
     घर पर जैविक सब्जी उगाने की संपूर्ण जानकारी के लिए आज ही गूगल प्ले स्टोर से माय क्रॉप MY Crop ऐप डाउनलोड करें
     इस पाठ्यक्रम में, आप सीखेंगे मिट्टी कैसे तैयार करें, घर के कचरे से खाद कैसे बनाएं और कैसे उगाए जैविक सब्जियां
     MY Crop से आप सीखेंगे सब्जियों में लगने वाले कीड़ों बीमारियों की पहचान और उनका आसानी से प्रबंधन के साथ नियंत्रण
     घर की छत पर गमलों में सब्जी उत्पादन की आसान तकनीक की जानकारी
     35 से अधिक सब्जियों के उत्पादन की नवीन तकनीक
     आपकी बेहतर समझ के लिए हर चैप्टर की पीडीएफ, वीडियो, सात ही फोटो भी दिए गए हैं
    my crop एप्लीकेशन को डाउनलोड करने के लिए नीचे दी गई लिंक पर क्लिक करें http://on-app.in/app/home?orgCode=mdcpz

22. Monch Estrella on July 13, 2022 at 12:06 am

Great video, so very interesting! I also love how the kind Dr talks about her treasure garden in such a professional way using so many terminologies without sounding intimidating. Her garden is a feast for the eyes – yes have been dreaming of something like that for a long time! Learned so much in that half an hour talk – thanks so much for sharing!

23. Sarah on July 13, 2022 at 12:08 am

Hello There. Thank you for all your great videos. I have a question about if a plant is still organic after it has been exposed to toxic smoke. I have a grape vine in my back yard. My next door neighbors have their usual illegal fire works for the 4th of July. The smoke was all over my vine. Most of the leaves are tough and no longer in season, but there are new ones growing.We use the leaves for Mediterranean stuffed grape leaves. Also I have grapes that are going to be ready in a month or so. Am I able to still use the new leaves and grapes after washing them down, or is it useless now and no longer organic because it got exposed to all that smoke. Much appreciate if you can answer me please.