Grow Box Experiment ~Planting Zucchini and Squash

Grow Box Experiment ~Planting Zucchini and Squash

Our first Grow Box Experiment was so fun! I really enjoyed setting these up and can’t wait to see how well they produce. 😀
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Get the Dining on a Dime Cookbook AND Penny Pinching Mama EBook HERE: https://getdpd.com/cart/hoplink/21995?referrer=ati9pohrzi80w
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See more of our adventures!
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/freedomacres
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/myfreedomacres/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FreedomAcres1/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/myfreedomacres/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For Business Inquiries email me at amanda@myfreedomacres.com

1. Dee Leb on July 12, 2022 at 11:22 pm

You may like eggplant stuffing. Cook til soft, scoop out, add Italian bread crumbs, onions, and any other seasonings, plus shrimp or ground meat, etc. Put in a casserole dish, top with more bread crumbs, drizzle with olive oil or melted butter and bake.

Another way we like it is to peel & cut into steak fries pieces, batter and deep fry. Serve with ranch dressing or marinara for dipping. I suppose you could try oven baking them but might not be as crunchy, like frying.

2. jerry prewett on July 12, 2022 at 11:31 pm

I was going to ask how it was watered , but seeing the hole at the end now I got it! Hope you have a great year with them.

3. Diane on July 12, 2022 at 11:34 pm

roast eggplant tossed in olive oil salt and pepper – delicious!

4. David H on July 12, 2022 at 11:38 pm

Carrots do great in this type of containers. I guess because you water from the bottom and the soil don’t get compacted.

5. Deep South Homestead on July 12, 2022 at 11:42 pm

Slice the egg plants up like french fries and fry them thats the only way i like them.

6. KingLord on July 12, 2022 at 11:47 pm

Earthbox clones first seen if these. When first setup better to wet screen because helps keeping soil from falling through.

7. Nicole Story on July 12, 2022 at 11:50 pm

What brand of grow boxes are you using and where can you get them?

8. Duncan MacLeod on July 12, 2022 at 11:51 pm

U wanna make sure and use a light potting mix. The other stuff isn’t good for a grow box. Don’t use miracle grow either it’s too heavy which it states in the directions. Also I mixed in two cups dolemite for the calcium and to help with my ph.

9. Charmaine Montgomery on July 13, 2022 at 12:01 am

I never saw anything like those before. Very unique 😊

10. Hugh Manatee on July 13, 2022 at 12:03 am

These things work great! Grew tomatoes in a couple of them at my grandpa’s house the last few years.

11. Curtis Hicks on July 13, 2022 at 12:03 am

Love mine. But, you will find that you are too packed. I plant two in my box and they go crazy. Good Luck!!!

12. Bill Bsnapshot on July 13, 2022 at 12:04 am

How did the plants turn out? Do you have a follow up video?

13. TIME HAS BEGUN on July 13, 2022 at 12:05 am

👍

14. Charlotte's Slayton on July 13, 2022 at 12:05 am

Egg plant is great grilled cut eggplant lengthwise about a inch brush with favorite oil I use olive oil grill the eggplant until browned, about 5 minutes . Flip the eggplant and top each half with a slice of provolone. Grill 3 minutes more or until the cheese is bubbly. Top with some Salsa it is good love the boxes enjoyed video God Bless

15. David McCormick on July 13, 2022 at 12:10 am

Great video
    Had to laugh when you switched from filling with the pot to just pouring from bag 🙂
    Had friend who swears by his. Incredible yields.
    I use modified 5 gl bucket containers myself .
    You got this (as usual) LOL

16. Proud Asian Girl on July 13, 2022 at 12:15 am

You should clarify yourself and let people know that you need to use potting mix, not soil.

17. Sacred Wonders Maine on July 13, 2022 at 12:17 am

Try ratatouille~(veggie stew) it has eggplant and zucchini, plus a lot of other wonderful things! I love it:) Blessings and thanks for all the wonderful videos

18. Lisa Booker on July 13, 2022 at 12:21 am

Try eggplant parmigiana!! OMGOODNESS! I’m not a HUGE eggplant eater myself. BUUUT if ya feed me eggplant parm this little round Nannie will be happy as a bee 🐝 makin honey 🍯! LOL 😆 It’s a really yummy meatless dish that’s really filling because of the cheeses. I use parm, mozzarella, Asiago, parm/reg mix…not at once just whatever I have or feel like and it all works great! I would suggest if you use mozzarella to add at least some parm for the flavor so it’s not too bland. To me eggplant doesn’t have a whole lot of flavor itself, it does take on other flavors though. And mozzarella is mild so the kick of parm is great. Ohhh and I’ve used Swiss and it was heavenly too. Just ideas. Maybe you’ll be like me and enjoy it better this way. If not it’s always a nice fresh veg you could share with someone who’s in need or just loves it. I like to grow excess and share with some of my neighbors who struggle like I do. When you’re on a tight disability budget you just do whatever you can. I wanted to tell ya I did get my garden in! Well started. I planted beans, lots of those cause we eat them the most and my grand babies LOVE them. Also some collards, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers (a week early on those so I may need to replant), Swiss chard, lettuces, turnips and carrots. I even did two…TWO full flower beds!!! I’m so excited cause I haven’t gotten flowers out in two years because of my surgeries. It looks so pretty. I wish I could share pictures with you here. My MS really limits me so I was SUPER proud of myself. Took me two whole days but it’s started and I’m so tickled! Still more to go! Ok. Sorry I blubbered on so much. Love, hugs and blessings ~Lisa