Top 5 Best Vegetable Plants for Your Edible Container Garden

Top 5 Best Vegetable Plants for Your Edible Container Garden

In today’s episode we look at the five best vegetables you can grow in your vegetable container garden or edible container garden. By growing these vegetables you can easily get great quality produce from a very small space. Gardening in pots or containers is an easy way to add space to your garden. Vegetable container gardening is easy and once you see this video you can easily start your vegetable container garden.

Here are the top 5 vegetables to grow in containers or pots:

1. Tomatoes – Tomatoes are great to grow inc containers. Choose determinate tomato varieties for container gardens.
2. Garlic – One of the easiest vegetables to grow in containers or pots is garlic
3. Carrots – Carrots grow easily in small containers
4. Radish – Whether you are growing early maturing radish or late maturing radish, radish is very easy to grow in containers
5. Peppers – All types of peppers like sweet peppers, cayenne peppers, etc. can be grown easily in pots or containers.

Web Site: http://calgardening.com?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/california.gardening?
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/california_gardening?
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CalifGardening?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/CaliforniaGardening?
Become a patreon: https://www.patreon.com/CaliforniaGardening

1. Abbas Khan on July 16, 2022 at 11:21 pm

What would be the smallest pot size recommend. Thanks

2. Mani Maadi Thottam on July 16, 2022 at 11:24 pm

I have leaf curl disease in peppers. What can I do

3. Maria Garcia on July 16, 2022 at 11:25 pm

Thanks for the video!!
    Quick question, My early girl tomatos are like muchy inside, I dont know if I’m doing something wrong, please help!!!!!

4. Erica Hernandez on July 16, 2022 at 11:27 pm

Still learning radishes! Glad to see I can transplant! First year growing daikon radish and they came out small

5. Real Organic on July 16, 2022 at 11:28 pm

great video, I have a hard time with carrots in pots, but it’s not that bad though.

6. Chris Young on July 16, 2022 at 11:28 pm

Potatoes, Broccoli , Strawberries and bush beans are a few that Ive found work well too

7. Zaylia Israel on July 16, 2022 at 11:29 pm

Best nursery plant pot to buy on Amazon?

What size gallon is best 1 gallon, 2 gallon or 3 gallon?

What can I plant together? I am a beginning.

Broccoli –

Oregano
    Cilantro
    Parsley
    Thyme
    Lavender

8. LibertyOrDeath on July 16, 2022 at 11:32 pm

Always enjoy your videos, when I get to see them 🙂 Keep up the good work.

9. Gardening series on July 16, 2022 at 11:34 pm

https://youtu.be/InYODfgNjmA sub my channel I am also making gardening videos😊

10. YourFavNurseB on July 16, 2022 at 11:38 pm

Wow some of those large radish leaves are so pretty.

11. Pamela Saw on July 16, 2022 at 11:38 pm

I love all your videos!! I just started growing vegetables earlier this year. I am growing eggplant, chinese radish and determinate (Tiny Tim) in containers. None have bear any fruits and I am still patiently waiting 😅 My mom grows okras in containers and they bear a lot of okras!!

12. California Gardening on July 16, 2022 at 11:44 pm

Best organic fertilizer for containers: https://amzn.to/2ZuvC48

13. J.R. Trevino on July 16, 2022 at 11:44 pm

I love this channel! I’m sure you’re tired of hearing this but I mean it. Keep it up!

14. Side Eyes on July 16, 2022 at 11:45 pm

Wanted to drop by and say thank you for keeping this channel going. As always, you do a fantastic job!!

15. Kamini Ravinanthanan on July 16, 2022 at 11:47 pm

Hello. I watch your channel regularly and it’s great inspiration to do gardening. Thanks. Also I am looking for pennywort or gotu kola plant. It will be great , if you can share video of it. How to get the plant and grow it. Thanks again.

16. Stlov EU Fir on July 16, 2022 at 11:48 pm

I love your video

17. westdabeast on July 16, 2022 at 11:51 pm

You have been such an inspiration to me over the years. So much so that I am struggling to keep up with my watering. Is there an efficient way to water my 14 tomato plants in a raised bed with a garden hose

18. Andrew Star on July 16, 2022 at 11:52 pm

Your videos are very helpful, I’ve always liked your channel, keep up the good work.

19. Maggie Pie on July 16, 2022 at 11:52 pm

I love my chilli pepper thats growing in a pot….thank you for your video it was so helpful…now to go plant some tomatoes lol

20. Lisa Garrett on July 16, 2022 at 11:54 pm

Hi, are the leaves of these edible? Would you do a video of all edible roots and leaves? I’m also interested in edible bushes and tree leaves.

21. Donna G on July 16, 2022 at 11:55 pm

I am growing an Early Girl tomato, cilantro, dwarf nasturtiums, a couple of bell pepper plants, onions, and cucumbers in my fabric pot containers. This is the first time I am using the fabric pots; but, not the first time I have grown veggies in containers. So far, the plants seem to be doing okay. They have been in the containers since early June. I have seen some insect damage on the leaves; but, haven’t been able to see the insects that are causing the damage.

22. Cultivating Organic by Jo & Mig on July 16, 2022 at 11:58 pm

I enjoy planting in raised beds, but I also like planting in individual containers as well. I never plant daikon radish in container. I probably should try it this winter. Thanks for the video.

23. Leslie ann Romano on July 16, 2022 at 11:59 pm

Good video. Thank yyou.

24. Gökhan Alparslan on July 17, 2022 at 12:04 am

Hello my name is Gokhan. yaşıyorum.b turkey until well Could you send a few pieces of tomato and pepper seeds? I need please ??

25. Ayesha Ahmed on July 17, 2022 at 12:05 am

I love your garden,i wish i walk everyday inside your garden and grab some fresh veggies and fruits.🤣

26. Roxana Nunez on July 17, 2022 at 12:06 am

27. Navigator 👽 on July 17, 2022 at 12:06 am

Don’t forget the best thing to grow in containers: Marijuana 👍

28. Zube Ladu on July 17, 2022 at 12:08 am

I love watching your videos
    Can you tell me where I can order seeds online that ships to India}?

29. Яна Суркова on July 17, 2022 at 12:08 am

Не очень так чтоб уж… На покушать сгодится.

30. Deborah L on July 17, 2022 at 12:10 am

I loved watching you harvest the plants. So satisfying.👍

31. Jonathan Jonathan on July 17, 2022 at 12:10 am

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. Boy have I learned a lot, had great success. I even produced some lovely grapes this year thanks to your motivating grape video. So yummy. Thanks 🙂

32. Clara Brotnov on July 17, 2022 at 12:11 am

I really love your channel, you got yourself a new subscriber! You have really motivated me to start gardening again. I didn’t realize how many different kinds of fruits and vegetables you can grow in a container!

33. shi shi on July 17, 2022 at 12:11 am

I live in an apartment and have a small balcony I am planning to turn into a small garden. Thanks for this

34. Carolann6081 on July 17, 2022 at 12:12 am

Thank you for your recommend for a good organic fertilizer for containers. What potting soil do you use for those containers? The plants look incredibly healthy and strong. What’s your secret for not having to use Agri cloth to protect from garden pests?

35. Sloth Gardener on July 17, 2022 at 12:13 am

First!!

36. J J on July 17, 2022 at 12:14 am

What can i start growing this summer?

37. S M on July 17, 2022 at 12:15 am

I want to grow long green chilli pepper to make pakora( the one we buy from indian store)but i am having hard time finding that specific plant i don’t know the name or variety of pepper. can you plz help Me?

38. jas sherin on July 17, 2022 at 12:16 am

Hello sir , My drumstick tree flowers are falling down not getting drumsticks don’t know why? It’s 5 years old . Watering and fertilizing really good. Can you please advise? Thank you

39. Shobe Productions on July 17, 2022 at 12:17 am

I thought long radishes were white carrots for the longest time lol

40. elines acevedo on July 17, 2022 at 12:17 am

I was just watching older videos from you the other day. I was wondering if you had any updates on your pineapple. I harvested two last month and two this month. I could have had more but somebody stole some of my plants, could you believe that? The whole plants! I put the rest somewhere people can’t see them from the street now, so as not to tempt sticky fingers.

41. Chiko on July 17, 2022 at 12:17 am

My favorite neighbor. Could u show date u plant various veggies with instructions. All the best…Tks

42. pixel on July 17, 2022 at 12:18 am

This is awesome California garden.