Planting Carrots for the Fall Vegetable Garden

Planting Carrots for the Fall Vegetable Garden

Planting Carrots for the Fall Vegetable Garden

Welcome to North Texas Vegetable Gardening and Cooking.

Here you’ll find guides, tips and information on vegetable gardening, #cooking, #canning and long-term food storage.

I show you how to prepare classic comfort #food #recipes along with new recipes proven to satisfy and delight. You’ll learn how I grow all organic heirloom vegetables from seed to harvest to preparation, free of pesticides. Grown as nature intended in my Texas #garden.

Spring and fall vegetable gardening in north Texas, garden planning tips and information of all sorts are being added every week to help people succeed as gardeners, learn about #cooking and add new recipes to their cookbooks!

Learn about canning your vegetable garden harvest. We show you how to pickle jalapeno peppers, make hamburger dill pickles and much more.

I also go over in detail, how to save your seeds for next year’s garden; save and preserve your cumber, squash, zucchini, cantaloupe.

I hope you enjoy my videos – I try to bring you useful life tips and how to guides on all things gardening and cooking.

Please feel free to leave a comment, subscribe and thank you for dropping in!

Jill

Thanks for watching and subscribe to get new recipes and vegetable gardening tips!

View our most recent updates and how to videos:

1. Sierra on July 17, 2022 at 10:34 pm

Neem oil and soap worked great for us to keep most bugs away, but we got absolutely destroyed by grubs which weren’t affected by it.

2. Celine Bridges on July 17, 2022 at 10:36 pm

Hey Jill 🤗
    These are nice raise beds and I see I’m not the only one walking barefoot it in the garden..🥴
    What kind of wood did you use for the raised beds?
    Wow it been super hot here in south Texas .. no rain.. just 💯 plus … cant wait for our first cold front ..
    glad you stated to plant carrots and lettuce…
    we be watching your videos
    Take care
    Blessing
    👩‍🌾

3. Dora Dodd on July 17, 2022 at 10:37 pm

I planted heatmaster tomato in late June and July they are blooming and putting on tomatoes looking great. Getting ripe fruit from the ones I planted in late june

4. Get planted on July 17, 2022 at 10:42 pm

Your her man shepherd looks EXACTLY like my German shepherd named Syda, that passed away a few years back. Normally when I see other German shepherds they never look like Syda, because they all have their own unique appeaeance, at least IMO, but I can’t tell yours apart from my old dog. Really cazy. Defiantly my favorite breed.

That’s such a cool story about your other dog hank. I’m glad he found the right people to take him in. something tells me an angel was involved.

Thanks for the video’s. I live in Dallas and was wondering where you’re located?

5. Jon Patterson on July 17, 2022 at 10:47 pm

So my take away is-plant carrot seeds shallow and they like full sun. Got it. Thank you, You mentioned your green beans. Have you tried to dehydrate them for later use? My Grandmother used to snap the ends off, pull the "strings" and sew them together in long strings with a heavy thread. She’s lay them in the sun and when they were dehydrated, hang the strings in her pantry. When she wanted a mess of beans, she’d cut the string, take what she wanted, and tie another knot so the rest of the string stayed in place. If I recall correctly, she’d cook them in a saucepan with water and bacon grease, or it may have been fatback, not sure. That was a very long time ago. She called them "leather britches". Thanks again and take care.

6. Outdoors and Country Living on July 17, 2022 at 10:52 pm

Just found your channel and enjoying it. Keep up the great work and check us out if you have time. Thanks for sharing and stay safe!! “Outdoors and Country Living”

7. jessica wooten on July 17, 2022 at 10:53 pm

It works really well to put boards on top of your carrots until they sprout, especially here in North TX!

8. J. cUDE on July 17, 2022 at 10:54 pm

Where did you get your mushroom compost? I live south of you.

9. Seniye Shepherd on July 17, 2022 at 11:04 pm

❤️❤️🙏🏻😊

10. Courtney Barrett on July 17, 2022 at 11:10 pm

What type of heat coil would you use for your raised bed? I put in 2 new raised beds this year and have already ordered greenhouse plastic to create diy low tunnels. I’ve been trying to figure out how to heat it so we can grow warmer weather crops as long as possible. Who knows what will happen this fall /winter!

11. Jo Ann Thompson on July 17, 2022 at 11:20 pm

Can u put link to video to the tubs with carrots

12. 1fanger on July 17, 2022 at 11:27 pm

Hi. I have had good success with mulching carrot seed with a very thin covering of grass clippings, no more than 1/4 inch. Helps to conserve moisture and creates a zone of high humidity near the seed as the grass gives up it`s moisture .

13. Intentionally Made on July 17, 2022 at 11:28 pm

Our garden was destroyed by grasshoppers this year. I was so surprised. A lot of our plants recovered from it but it was terrible. I am really contemplating on having a high tunnel. We are in Decatur

14. Dawn L. on July 17, 2022 at 11:29 pm

Hi Jill, I love your videos, I am hopeful that I can have some harvest for winter. I need to get my soil softer, it has too much clay and becomes like cement real quick. My green beans and okra didn’t mind it too much but I really got to add soil or a filler, money is bit limited but any ideas I would appreciate. Lastly, the squirrels and mostly the rabbits got to some of the things that were planted, so I bought some netting for my winter crop to see if that would help deter them. Anyhu, take care, looking forward and praying your garden does great!!🤗🌈🌷👩‍🌾