How to Grow 21 Amazing Trees from Seed (Full Presentation)

How to Grow 21 Amazing Trees from Seed (Full Presentation)

In under 40 minutes you’ll learn to grow peach, apple, coffee, grapefruit, coconut, pomegranate, pawpaw and fourteen other amazing trees from seed! This is the complete presentation on growing trees from seed, recorded in the rain forest, hosted by David The Good.

Get the free composting booklet: http://www.thesurvivalgardener.com/simple-composting/

Get FREE PLANTS FOR EVERYONE and learn to propagate almost everything: https://amzn.to/2mSqDw5

Get The Easy Way to Start a Home-Based Plant Nursery: https://amzn.to/2lj2zBY

Compost Your Enemies t-shirts: https://www.aardvarktees.com/products/compost-your-enemies

1. katherine spencer on July 23, 2022 at 11:28 pm

My retort to my adult students when they said "but it took you 2 years" when I told them about building a house along side my part time jobs, which financed a year of travel for myself & 2 preteens was "those 2 yrs would have passed anyway" Then we discussed what they did last 2 yrs. Oh, hang out, go to local bar, watch tv, hang out some more…..NOTHING in their or their children’s lives changed. My seed planted peach is delishes. I had forgotten about it until it bloomed & started to fruit last year. Just remembered that I had to be extra careful near my lilac cutting plant in that particular garden. Good info. from you. Thanks

2. Princess Minnis Moss on July 23, 2022 at 11:29 pm

Good morning 🙏 I wanted to asked a question I have a soursap tree it blow down and it started sprout from the roots and every time it bloom it don’t hold the fruit on it what I haven’t doing right please help me

3. Christopher Pisz on July 23, 2022 at 11:29 pm

I wonder if you transfer your fruit trees when you move. Do you dig them up and take them with you? Do you just take limbs to graft? Or once its in there, it’s in there! I would love some more fruit trees, but I also hate where I live and am actively looking to move within a year or two. It’s too hot here, in Texas to do anything in containers. The water evaporates out too fast.

4. Rogue Rat on July 23, 2022 at 11:31 pm

Oh my gosh I did not know pawpaw existed let alone grew wild in my area. My new life goal is to find a wild tree and steal its seeds 😜

5. Arethusa Harbinger on July 23, 2022 at 11:32 pm

I’ve grown green apple trees from seeds. Had to give them away but I did it. Had at least 7 healthy seedlings.

6. Wardrobelion on July 23, 2022 at 11:35 pm

My grandma did the same thing with avocados,hahaha! None ever lived either…

7. Qiu D on July 23, 2022 at 11:35 pm

I feel like you should have your own show, man you are hilarious!! 😂

8. Marcus Wion on July 23, 2022 at 11:37 pm

Music by David the Good ❤️

9. Margaret Alexander on July 23, 2022 at 11:39 pm

Quote right, about individuals saying exactly that. Growing everything from seed, is fun, period. Wonder too, why individuals do not save and grow seeds themselves. Thanks for info.

10. Joshua&YazzyGirl Unique-Legacy Channel on July 23, 2022 at 11:40 pm

You never know we may die in the next or maybe in the next 5 years are life is promised

11. Texas Jan on July 23, 2022 at 11:41 pm

Our very best peach tree came from a seed and it gets better fruit than our original peach tree

12. Lope over on July 23, 2022 at 11:42 pm

What about climate zone?

13. Anna Doniza on July 23, 2022 at 11:42 pm

Can I grow papa in north NJ

14. ms celik on July 23, 2022 at 11:44 pm

Man I love your styel 😀

15. Mary Bratton on July 23, 2022 at 11:45 pm

Where were you living when you did video?

16. Teink on July 23, 2022 at 11:45 pm

I’ve ascended to a new level in youtube. Planting.

17. shan shan Bailey on July 23, 2022 at 11:47 pm

Hello David! Do you have any advise on planting 3 month old seedlings in to the ground? They were grown from seeds in a nursery, and ready to go on my new site. I’m so anxious about doing it right as the local farmers here are not familiar with growing it here to eat. Should I use protectors? Should I use fertilisers or let nature take its course? Should I use mulch? The land will be multi-cropped with various things such as yam, and plaintain.

18. Maria Aceves on July 23, 2022 at 11:50 pm

Love your video about Seeds and how to plant them to get a tree. Thanks

19. Richard Mcelrath on July 23, 2022 at 11:50 pm

I was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale

20. MiOasisFrutal on July 23, 2022 at 11:51 pm

Yes. We (Nicaraguans) call the cashew fruit marañon. And we roast the seeds to get the nut.

21. Myrna James on July 23, 2022 at 11:51 pm

Thanks for your video, My friends and family believe I am obsess with planting seeds, anything I peat if it in nice I plant it. There are 2 things I have difficulty growing the Paw paw and the Jamaican ackee. The paw paw seeds grows but soon die the Ackee just do not grow, but I believe the ackee seeds that I get may not be viable as they are short lived and I don’t know how long they are harvested before i received them. I live in the UK, I have grown successfully Avocado, Bananas planted in the ground, Custard apple, Neseberry (sapodilla), June plum (Spondia dulcis) Lime, Lemon has fruited and kept outside pomegranate, pineapple, guava, passionfruit and I have recently started a few jackfruit seeds. I don’t use heat mat or a propagator and I put them all outside from late spring until autumn before the frost sets in. Can you say what I am doing wrong with the paw paw.

22. Kwesiga Jonathan on July 23, 2022 at 11:53 pm

hey David can you pliz do a video on starting MAESOPSIS EMINII from seed? id really appreciate it. thx

23. Carmen Liedke on July 23, 2022 at 11:55 pm

When I was a kid me and my cousin would pick the fruit of the maranon, eat it and collect the nuts, roast them and make a delicious candy with brown sugar cane. This would be a whole day project for all of us kids. You transported me back to the most wonderful time in my life. I admire you and Rachel very much for the wonderful way you are raising your children. God bless you all.

24. VmR on July 23, 2022 at 11:56 pm

I moved to the midwest six years ago and planted an apple tree. This year I saw a few flowers. I think I might get some apples next year.
    At the same time, I will be trying the Peach and perjaps the Jujube tree wich I hear is easy too.

25. Chris Nestle on July 23, 2022 at 11:56 pm

I’m I’m in south Mississippi Zone 8B and I have three or four avocado trees growing out of my compost the freeze killed them last year and they came right back

26. Alex Thai on July 23, 2022 at 11:58 pm

I have a question for you………..are the fruits that are grown from seeds will receive the same color like the once we grow or no??? same question for fruits size and flavor too

27. Kerry Watson on July 23, 2022 at 11:59 pm

I think they should change the name of red delicious apples. I planted one thinking the apples would be delicious…but they’re not.

28. V. Wilt on July 24, 2022 at 12:00 am

There are 3 that I’m not sure I’ve ever seen in the states. The last 1, the spiky one and the great big one huge 80lbs I think you said. Are they allowed here. Thanks so much vic.

29. Calvin Chung on July 24, 2022 at 12:00 am

Loquot is Chinese not Japanese! Another name is Peipa 枇杷 because the shape is like a string instrument often played by ladies in ancient Chinese history. Loquot was given by farmers .Lo is 螺 ,a kind of smooth shell 🐚 sea shell 🐚 and quot
    桔 is a citrous like fruit like a mandarin fruit. Hence, Loquot! Don’t let the Japanese fool you.

30. THe boMb dIGitY on July 24, 2022 at 12:02 am

my very first seed was a mango about 3 months ago and it’s about 2 meters tall and not i’m growing peaches avocados and strawberries:) thank you

31. Deborah Pullyn on July 24, 2022 at 12:03 am

Hi David,
    Have you heard of the Ellen White method of planting trees? Usually when they are grown from seed and are about 1 foot tall you dig a square metre (yard) hole and fill it with nutrients and put the tree in with a pipe beside it. The tree will grow quickly as the soil is soft and when the roots reach the wall of the hole, they will travel to the corner, trying to find soft soil, but won’t be able to go around the corner. This will make them penetrate the wall and grow stronger. With this method they will FRUIT IN THE FIRST OR SECOND Year! They have the nutrition.

32. gladtidings4all on July 24, 2022 at 12:07 am

Where is this tree planted at? Is it in Florida?

33. M L. on July 24, 2022 at 12:08 am

I have threatened a quince tree with great success. Will try it with my avocados. 😁

34. monica arruda arruda on July 24, 2022 at 12:10 am

In Brazil, where I come from, you just spit, I mean spit, the fruit you’re eating , on the ground and there you’ve literally planted an orchard.
    Of course, only in half shaded good soil!

35. AssessmentTreatment on July 24, 2022 at 12:11 am

8:23 how to make an avocado fruit quickly.

36. Joyce Ariel on July 24, 2022 at 12:14 am

Hello David 🙂 First of all, thank you for this video, it is SOOO informative for a person like me who knows nothing of growing things!
    I have moved to Nicaragua a few years ago and decided that it was time that I try to be self sufficient.. So from the video I have 2 main questions for you if you would be so kind to address them… 1st Question : I understand the part to put the seeds of apple in the fridge to give them a chance to be cold and eventually sprout but do you think that once that step is done and that I plant them, they would have a chance to grow here in this tropical weather? Second question might sound dumb but.. why do everyone tell us to wash the seeds before planting them? Wouldn’t the left over juice or pulp or such be a good feeding booster for the seed ? Thank you again for all this learning 🙂

37. Max Pham on July 24, 2022 at 12:15 am

Thanks David, I start most of my topical fruit seeds in a ziplock bag with a moist paper towel. I’ve started guava, jackfruit, caimito (star apple), apple custard, and mangos. Still trying to prefect them to grow in containers as I’m near Seattle in 8b. When they get bigger, I’ll create videos on them and my progress.

38. Farhat Rabnawaz on July 24, 2022 at 12:15 am

Thanks. A lot of tips for me!

39. An Po on July 24, 2022 at 12:15 am

I sure love these long videos you do! Always enjoy the odd bits of info and humor. Going to Amazon to buy the book. Thanks!

40. LC M on July 24, 2022 at 12:16 am

Hello. Do you know, will dried-out pomegranate seeds germinate? I have whole dried pomegranates that I grew in Africa. The dried fruit now sit in a bows as decor. I am now in tropical South America. Wondering if I crack the hardened fruit to excavate some seeds, will they grow? Can’t seem to find info online on the subject. People refer to giving a few days for seeds to’ dry after washing, before planting’. No info yet found on planting dried-out seeds. Ideas? Thanks for sharing. Great video!

41. Rory F. on July 24, 2022 at 12:18 am

So the West Indian Locust, and Sea Almond, I live right outside of Orlando, will they grow here, or should I just not bother?

42. Chris Nestle on July 24, 2022 at 12:19 am

Oh by the way David I love you man you’re the bomb

43. Christopher Payton on July 24, 2022 at 12:20 am

Thank you so much for making this video. I got inspired to start growing fruit trees at home, starting with lemons and you gave me some great advice

44. monica arruda arruda on July 24, 2022 at 12:21 am

Thank you brother!

45. Amner Nnssn on July 24, 2022 at 12:22 am

Marryme!;D your awesomee person

46. Obvious Ly on July 24, 2022 at 12:22 am

I feel overwhelmed, I want to start growing ASAP but I have to place to ground them… how long can you keep a tree in a planter?

47. NICEFINENEWROBOT on July 24, 2022 at 12:23 am

"put them in the fridge" – at what temperature? Freeze them or cool them? Freeze them for a couple of months or just keep them cool and moist?

48. Lacey on July 24, 2022 at 12:24 am

Would you rather have a bearing fruit tree in 3 ish years or no bearing fruit trees ?? Plant the dang seeds !

49. NICEFINENEWROBOT on July 24, 2022 at 12:27 am

You’re saying the opposite of my school teachers. [They also said that cold-blooded horses have their name because they have cold blood when it’s cold outside and warm blood when it’s hot outside, just like snakes and lizards, those cold-blooded (poikilothermic) friends out there.]🐛

50. The Survival Gardening Channel with David The Good on July 24, 2022 at 12:28 am

Thank you for watching. I hope you’re all planting tree seeds! If you want to propagate almost anything, check out my book "Free Plants for Everyone" here: https://amzn.to/2YiGHtP