How to make a Window Shelve

How to make a Window Shelve

If you are interested in any of the products I use please visit http://www.windmillvintagedesigns.com
thanks for watching If you have a love of plants and just don’t have enough space for them these window treatments might be the perfect solution for you! I find that the increase the plant space by 3 times. If you have any scrape wood…it works great also!
ARE YOU A PLANT LOVER?
to check out the store

Home

dark wax DIY
#windmillvintagedesigns
#vintagemakeoverswithmelanie
#DIYpaint

1. Tammy Woods on July 23, 2022 at 11:44 pm

Love it, put it in my saved videos. Good use for my scrap wood. ❤️❤️❤️

2. Susan Hawks on July 23, 2022 at 11:44 pm

I LOVE THIS!!! I see that I have a ‘TO DO’ project for my husband to help me with REAL SOON!!! Thanks Melanie.

3. Lisa Roth on July 23, 2022 at 11:46 pm

I love this idea! It beats curtains for sure!

4. Jeannine Harris on July 23, 2022 at 11:48 pm

This is amazing! Absolutely love this! We built a new fence last year and kept the old fencing on the side of my house. I don’t have a lot of windows in my house and need the light. I’m going to make short ones for the top of my windows! This will help unclutter all my plants and make the hubby very happy LOL!!! Thanks for the video! You always come up the the greatest ideas!

5. Michelle Threlkeld on July 23, 2022 at 11:48 pm

Beautiful!
    I love plants, just don’t think the love me.😞
    It looks so pretty!

6. Kim Burns on July 23, 2022 at 11:49 pm

I am going to use your idea and adjust it a bit to meet my requirements. Thank you so much for sharing!

7. Sue E Parra on July 23, 2022 at 11:49 pm

Oh my goodness Melanie! You never cease to amaze!! Wish i could hire you for a week! We could do some cool damage at my shop!! Love your ideas and your talent!

8. Jami Womack on July 23, 2022 at 11:51 pm

New to your channel from Debi’s Design Diary. Looking forward to learning more about your crafts.

9. wAken on July 23, 2022 at 11:52 pm

GREAT PROJECT!! Im glad im not alone when referring to tools by using the universal "this guy" lol

10. Mary Gueldenzoph on July 23, 2022 at 11:52 pm

Thanks so much, Melanie! I’ve got both a window and mirrored closet doors I’ve been thinking about putting a transfer on, but worried about cleaning issues. Thanks again. I’ll be coming in to the store to snag a transfer when I make up my mind.

11. Alex Cole on July 23, 2022 at 11:53 pm

Thanks so much needed extra storage for my seedlings 🌱 cheers from the UK

12. The Painted Saguaro on July 23, 2022 at 11:53 pm

You always create the coolest projects. I love this.

13. flybarb flybarb on July 23, 2022 at 11:57 pm

Read my mind!!I was just thinking about doing something like that and voila! Thanks!

14. MsHunne on July 23, 2022 at 11:59 pm

I’ve been looking for something like this for hours. Thank you so much for sharing this video.

15. Jennie Dowsett-Greever on July 23, 2022 at 11:59 pm

Such a great idea 💡 mahalo for sharing🌸🐚

16. D.D. on July 23, 2022 at 11:59 pm

Well Done ✨🦋✨

17. evolving blessed on July 24, 2022 at 12:02 am

Hi Melanie, new viewer and subscriber here. These window shelves are so clever and brilliant. I have longed for wide window sills and window shelves, so glad you shared this. 💕Love plants!! Really pretty, love how you did this. Came over from Debbie’s. Love what you did too with the vintage sofa. Looking forward to seeing more of your awesome creativity.💕Tfs and Happy weekend!!

18. Dolores Ramirez on July 24, 2022 at 12:02 am

so so pretty…. n you get privacy and just looks pleasing too. maybe putting outside in my patio… awesome job👍God bless…

19. mrazik131 on July 24, 2022 at 12:05 am

I watch YouTuber Planterina , she has a lot of plants….I love her, check her out. Yes I love to have more plants, I adopt all that my neighbors are getting rid off,lol

20. Lucio Manuel on July 24, 2022 at 12:05 am

21. Catherine Costa on July 24, 2022 at 12:06 am

Your plants are so beautiful and happy! Can you really have too many plants?!

22. Glenda Cox on July 24, 2022 at 12:06 am

Yes, I have multi shelves at all of my windows for my wonderful plants! This is a brilliant idea. I used glass for mine.

23. Melanie Mel on July 24, 2022 at 12:09 am

I’m sooo forwarding this video to my mom she’s got the green thumb in our family and needs something like this. Thanks for sharing.

24. Iveliz Tracy on July 24, 2022 at 12:10 am

Thank you for this video and the wonderful idea. My husband and I just got our 1st home. He mention that I have way to many plants and I have to figure out a way to display them without making the home crowded. I am going to try and recreate your idea. I love how your idea makes the plants look so organize and Lovely. Thanks for sharing.

25. Elizabeth Stone on July 24, 2022 at 12:18 am

Thankyou, trying to describe what I wanted to my husband has been so difficult. I am now disabled and where I would’ve just done it myself I get really frustrated having to ask other people. Again thankyou x

26. Susan Hawks on July 24, 2022 at 12:19 am

When are you going to tell us another one of your stories?? 😊

27. Beth Hinson-Phillips on July 24, 2022 at 12:19 am

Thank You ! I am doing this ! Melanie, You are so creative and so pretty too!

28. Karen Brown on July 24, 2022 at 12:21 am

Excellent video, Melanie! Love your window with the floral transfer and now your hanging window plant shelves! It’s decorative rather than cluttered with plants everywhere! You do have a green thumb.

29. Jillian Crown on July 24, 2022 at 12:21 am

This is a great idea! I have a bigger (wider) window, but I think I could put rope in the middle of the longer board. So I would have three supports. Do you think that would work.? I would only need two shelves.

30. Jenny Smith-Dack on July 24, 2022 at 12:21 am

Absolutely love this idea❤👍

31. Tamara Wright on July 24, 2022 at 12:22 am

I have a few plants, but want more. This is a fantastic way to display them!

32. Jodi Lea on July 24, 2022 at 12:23 am

I just got home from Lowe’s, where I purchased lumber to complete a coffee table I’m building. I was talking to the cashier and telling her that my next project was going to have to be a solution to housing all of my plants. I sat down for a quick bite of lunch and yours was the first video I saw on my subscription list – perfect solution! I love the look of these and how easy they are. Thank you for sharing. 🙂

33. Kimberly Drake on July 24, 2022 at 12:24 am

I’m binge watching videos as I fractured my left foot and can’t do much else….( I’m sure you wouldn’t remember but I boo hooed to you about breaking my right ankle in November ..,so I’m super bummed🙃 I am enjoying your content! Keeping my mind off my pain! live in an old farmhouse but love mixing boho in for texture and color! I do not have any house plants as every time I try my cats think they are meals…lol yours look gorgeous and what a great way to display….thank you for sharing😊

34. L C on July 24, 2022 at 12:25 am

Such a cute window!!! And what a beautiful picture w/you and your 3 daughters (I’m assuming here) next to the window. BTW, your house looks adorable, I for one would love a tour hint hint. Thanks for sharing your talent and beautiful self w/us Melanie

35. Mary Gueldenzoph on July 24, 2022 at 12:25 am

Question, Melanie…with the transfer on the window…can you wash that window?

36. Ursula Jackson on July 24, 2022 at 12:26 am

Oh yay, I know what I’m making today 😊💕👍🏽

37. Staci Hartman on July 24, 2022 at 12:26 am

Love the transfer on the window!

38. Babz Travels on July 24, 2022 at 12:28 am

What a great idea I love it

39. Melissa B on July 24, 2022 at 12:28 am

Thanks for the inspiration I’m going to try this today. Just tired of all my plants on one shelf. I have so many plants as well‼️👍🏻

40. Ferdinando on July 24, 2022 at 12:28 am

That looks really great Must try this 👍 thank you for sharing

41. Elisa Amari on July 24, 2022 at 12:31 am

I did something similar a few months ago because I have so many plants with no plans to get rid of them. I love how you did it though. Only I have a window that isn’t really inset like yours and I have molding around the frame. I’d like to retry this doing it your way.

42. Becca B on July 24, 2022 at 12:34 am

Great idea 👍😊 love it ❤️

43. Annette Thrall on July 24, 2022 at 12:34 am

Like you, I also inherited my Moms plants. This is a fantastic idea, and it looks great👍👍 TFS😊😊

44. Staci Hartman on July 24, 2022 at 12:36 am

Great project! Would love to do this.

45. Jane Amoroso on July 24, 2022 at 12:40 am

This is a fabulous idea…thank you

46. Cherish Each Day on July 24, 2022 at 12:40 am

Melanie…what a great addition to your plant área! As i watched your process I drifted back to 1979 when i made my hanging plant shelf. Oh my…wonderful memories. Ty✌💙💚💙

47. Ellena McKennon on July 24, 2022 at 12:40 am

Beautiful, just watched Deb’s Design her version of your couch. You are very talented. Excited about your content. Ellena

48. Deb Olsen on July 24, 2022 at 12:41 am

I love this! Are those paintings on the wall next to that window your works of art? They are lovely!

49. sandys7118 on July 24, 2022 at 12:41 am

Great idea! I love houseplants and they make a home feel so cozy and they are a great way to decorate and clean the air too!

50. Anna Reichbach on July 24, 2022 at 12:42 am