Growing Plants with Zero Natural Light!

Growing Plants with Zero Natural Light!

Welcome back! Today we’re chatting about how to green up rooms with no windows & 0 natural light. Not all rooms are created equal window-wise, but that shouldn’t stop us from adding a touch of green!

PRODUCTS USED:
– Smart Switch: https://amzn.to/2FSqGBK (USA: https://amzn.to/3jpHUEr)
– Hanging Planters: https://amzn.to/3okWVes & https://amzn.to/3kCcEDH (USA: https://amzn.to/2HvRjwG & https://amzn.to/3dPA9pW)
– Vases: Superstore 2020
– Shower Curtain: https://amzn.to/37yStmc (USA: https://amzn.to/35sb6pd)
– Bathmat: Superstore 2020
– Towels: Homesense 2020

My Favourite Plants for Low-Light:
– Snake Plant
– ZZ Plant
– Golden Pothos
– Jade Pothos
– Crocodile Fern
– Rattlesnake Calathea
– Calathea orbifolia

Thanks again for watching! Please leave any questions below & subscribe if you’d like to see more videos.

1. dina octavina on July 27, 2022 at 11:52 pm

I love the shower curtain. It’s cute πŸ™‚

2. Tom Miller on July 27, 2022 at 11:54 pm

Great video! Just what I needed to plan for my new apartment πŸ˜€

3. Scott Miller on July 27, 2022 at 11:55 pm

Good information, given honestly. Thank you

4. Cassandra Scott on July 27, 2022 at 11:55 pm

Fascinating… So they can obtain a spectrum of light from an LED source! I’m a disaster with plants… Had trailing ivy in my (frosted window) bathroom but I gave up after 3 plants and invested in an excellent fake Boston Fern instead. Didn’t know whether I was over or under watering. However I have some sprigs of ivy that thrive in a vase of water… Cuttings I guess you could call them and they root and shoot well!

5. Peta Maree on July 27, 2022 at 11:56 pm

Oh man, learning that plants in water prefer lower light because of the roots! Explains so much about why my plants look sad near my window!
    I’m also looking for a way to have plants in my windowless bathroom. Would you recommend a little terrarium with a grow light as well?

6. tahloolahlee on July 27, 2022 at 11:57 pm

This is so inspirational! Quick question: you said your lights are 3000Β°K (temperature) but what is the amount of actual light in the room (watts/lumens)? Going to move my fern into the (windowless) guest bath right now!

7. Joseph C on July 27, 2022 at 11:57 pm

I noticed when she mentioned cutting love love low light to grow roots i tried this awhile back and it 100% works way better then Putting in light with a window bc you have no algae but the roots grow way faster and better

8. Jennifer Barkhouse on July 27, 2022 at 11:58 pm

I love your ideas and info thanks

9. Carambola Dreams on July 28, 2022 at 12:01 am

Lovely bathroom and plants πŸ˜€ I can’t help but notice Marc Jacobs Decandence 🀩

10. Desiree Stamat on July 28, 2022 at 12:06 am

I had never thought about establishing cuttings in a bathroom. I do not have a timer and hesitate to leave the lights on, but the cuttings are right up my alley. Thanks for the tip.

11. Jacqueline Castro on July 28, 2022 at 12:07 am

Its beautiful i had some in my bathroom but kids and huspand drop them took out

12. Dreamerwithacat on July 28, 2022 at 12:11 am

I really got a dark bathroom, thanks for your great suggestions! So helpful! Could you please tell me where you bought those plants? Coz I’m new in Canada.

13. Steve Potts on July 28, 2022 at 12:12 am

I love the moss art. It makes me feel like I am flying over a tree=lined river basin. Very cool!

14. Babs Strijkert on July 28, 2022 at 12:13 am

Loving your content! To each their own ofcourse but i find it’s getting pretty tough to find plant content that isn’t just people flexing their expensive rare plant they’ve had for less than a week.

15. Carmelita Scott on July 28, 2022 at 12:13 am

May I ask what kinds of moss you used in your moss art and where you found them? They are beautiful! I love the contrast between the dark and bright green colors.

16. Maru Sainz on July 28, 2022 at 12:14 am

Thank you! Very instructive.

17. LeeAnn Wilmot on July 28, 2022 at 12:15 am

Can you link the bulbs?(

18. Carmelita Scott on July 28, 2022 at 12:16 am

I love your videos, especially this one! I got so many great ideas from it. What is the plant behind your head at the beginning of the video when you first appear on the screen? It looks like some variety of Chinese Evergreen? I love its markings and form. Thank you!

19. Carly Amber Son on July 28, 2022 at 12:18 am

Love Love Love your channel πŸ’šπŸŒΏπŸŒ±πŸͺ΄

20. ESTHER TAN on July 28, 2022 at 12:18 am

Your bathroom is beautiful! The shower curtain 😍😍😍

21. Angela Newton on July 28, 2022 at 12:20 am

Keep going with your channel. You are a natural!

22. Amy M on July 28, 2022 at 12:20 am

HI , I think you’re adorable, so happy to have found your channel. I have a windowless bathroom so I am going to put some green cuttings in there as you did. I have a zzi plant in there that is doing well but it needs more stuff, so I’ll try it and will keep you posted. Merry Christmas and thank you, Amy

23. m Dascoota on July 28, 2022 at 12:20 am

I have TPlink smartswitches too and they work very well without fail, I use them for just about anything. Great video again

24. Doranny Belicelys on July 28, 2022 at 12:22 am

Hi, can you recommend a decent mix of soil for a rattle snake? I have 5 different amendments at home, excluding peat moss and coco coir.

25. Funshine Bear on July 28, 2022 at 12:23 am

Wait, cuttings don’t need light?! Mind blown. This will be such a game changer for me!

26. Linda on July 28, 2022 at 12:23 am

Water my snake plants once a month.

27. Anika VanDenHurk-Moran on July 28, 2022 at 12:24 am

I just found your channel a month ago and I LOVE it! Thank you!! Any chance you’d do a full tour of your home kind of like what you did in this video with your bathroom so we can see what your space typically looks like? Also, any advice for keeping cats out of your plants? My cat doesn’t eat them, just digs in them and tips the little ones over.

28. T Moreman on July 28, 2022 at 12:24 am

Love this video. Great info. I have plants in every room but the bath, until now that is!πŸ˜‚Question, could you rotate, or alternate plants like Pothos. Like a week in the bathroom and then a week in the living room?

29. salma ahmed afkir on July 28, 2022 at 12:27 am

girl the electricity bill tho mods that’s way too much isn’t it

30. Saran R.S on July 28, 2022 at 12:28 am

How did i not come across this channel early… ? <3 Whoa..Loved every bit of video…Informative as well as engaging… <3

31. Jennifer Fahr on July 28, 2022 at 12:29 am

This is awesome. I’m wondering… I’ve been looking at lightbulbs made for human moods and I’ve been wondering if they might be "enough" for some plants. This makes me hopeful!

32. Jothy Senthilkumar on July 28, 2022 at 12:32 am

Hello
    Beautiful video
    Most attractive is curtain an wall moss
    Could you upload a video on making this moss preservative
    My daughter loves to make one
    I just started putting plants in small window bathroom facing south
    Good idea sharing smart switches
    Will try out and leave feedback
    Subscribed right away πŸ‘no choice πŸ˜‰

33. M Woods on July 28, 2022 at 12:32 am

My snake plant has a lean now. 2 much light?

34. Bella M on July 28, 2022 at 12:33 am

This was the vid I needed. Thank you for getting straight to the point from the beginning. I loved listening to you. Every sentence was informative. Starter with plants decorating with plants. Subscribed!

35. Mercy Tumanday on July 28, 2022 at 12:33 am

I try this

36. Andrew Kilpatrick on July 28, 2022 at 12:33 am

Thanks! This helped me figure out how to add green to my music studio! Greetings from Montreal!

37. Garden Distractions on July 28, 2022 at 12:36 am

I need to try putting my plants in the bathroom. Thanks

38. Halleen Phu on July 28, 2022 at 12:36 am

Side bar: where did you get the head cushion for your bath tub?

39. David Candia on July 28, 2022 at 12:38 am

❀🌿

40. Renee Prince on July 28, 2022 at 12:39 am

I love your channel! I’m doing a cutting ASAP for my bathroom 🌿πŸ₯°

41. Fat Man on July 28, 2022 at 12:40 am

Would you recommend for me to add potted Irish potatoes plant in restroom?

42. Kathleen Cole on July 28, 2022 at 12:42 am

Always such useful information thank you 😊

43. Adra Bruzzese on July 28, 2022 at 12:42 am

Your diy moss and stone frames look awesome. I would have thought you bought them. Great video.

44. Christopher Belmonte on July 28, 2022 at 12:42 am

"leggy & weird" was my nickname in high school

45. theatlasmarch on July 28, 2022 at 12:43 am

Oh awesome this is very relevant for me. I live in the same city, so same climate!

46. Adriana Sanchez on July 28, 2022 at 12:44 am

I saw you in a group on facebook! youre awesome love teh vids πŸ™‚

47. Ava Mundy on July 28, 2022 at 12:45 am

Would love to see a living room tour before you move!

48. The Happy human on July 28, 2022 at 12:47 am

Fab so happy i found you

49. The Tida Cha on July 28, 2022 at 12:48 am

What’s about bring plants out to get morning sun every week or so? What’s your thoughts?

50. Lord Purchase on July 28, 2022 at 12:48 am

That is amazing you can grow those plants under those lights. I tried to grow plants in my windowless bathroom with the overhead light which looks around 6000k color temperature and is pretty bright but the plants did not do so well which were all low light tolerant plants. I might do the experiment again and try with pothos and types of philodendron.