What to Plant in June & Garden Tour Zone 9

What to Plant in June & Garden Tour Zone 9

What to Plant in June & Garden Tour Zone 9

My channel focuses on sharing my personal gardening journey, garden tours, recipes, and gardening tips. I try my best to upload bi-weekly garden tours and updates. Please like, share and subscribe if you would like to watch my garden grow through each season. Hopefully you will learn something along the way! My goal is to inspire you to get outdoors and enjoy some Southern Dirt and sunshine!

How you can support my gardening channel:

1. Shop my website:

2. Click the like, share with your friends and leave comment in the comment section.

3. Purchase the same products I use and LOVE:

Green Stalk Vertical Garden
Save $10 off your order of $100
Use my promo code: SD10 @
*I make a small commission on your purchase

Vego Raised Garden Bed
Save 5% off using the link below. The discount will automatically come off at checkout.
*I make a small commission on your purchase

Find out Why I Love My Green Stalk Garden and Unboxing video:

*NEWSLETTER*
Sign up for my newsletters to keep up to date on what’s going on at our Farm and Garden:

I love sharing photos of our farm and garden on Instagram! @SouthernDirtGardener

What to Plant in June

Zone 9a:
Okra, Southern peas, sweet potatoes, Seminole pumpkin, sunflowers, chayote squash, luffa and Malabar spinach, pinapple, papya, chayote squash, luffa, pigeon pea, roemary and baisl.
Zone 9b:
Okra, Southern peas, sweet potatoes, Seminole pumpkin, Swiss chard, sunflowers, luffa, yucca, papya, ginger, roselle, pinapple, Sugar cane, yucca, pigeon pea, passion fruit, chayote squash and Malabar spinach, roemary and basil.

May planting resources: https://gardeningsolutions.ifas.ufl.edu/plants/plant-of-the-month/what-to-plant/what-to-plant-in-may.html

harvest, in ground gardening, vegetable, garden, grow, your, own, food, in ground garden, homegrown, organic, kitchen, table, gardening, raised bed, food forest, vegetables, organic, allotment, urban, edible, gardener, back, yard, nature, veggie, patch, permaculture, home, urban, farming, veggies, small, farm, fresh, tour, central, florida, sebring, highlands, county, flowers, plants, zinna, mammoth, sunflower, tomato, okra, squash, zucchini, cherry, blueberry, onion, kale, collard, greens, butter, crunch, lettuce, kohlrabi, carrot, rainbow, pepper, sweet, cabbage, brussel, sprouts, celery, rose, marigold, zone, 9b, 9a, seed, baker creek, seeds, beets, thousand head kale, brandy wine, beefsteak, carrot, cosmic, french dressing radish, sugar, snow, pea, green beans, seeds of change, red cabbage, luffa, burpee, ferry morse, handmade, garden sale, traditional, beginner, harvest, dirt, sand, how to grow, DIY, fruit tree, orchard, food forest

1. The Cozy Coneflower on July 27, 2022 at 10:57 pm

Love your videos! I’ve learned so much from you especially since I’m new to Florida. Did you notice the little mouse living in your wheelbarrow handle? I saw him run in at 6:12 and then he was poking his head out after. You may have interrupted his lunch lol!

2. Michelle Horton on July 27, 2022 at 10:58 pm

I’m probably jumping the gun BUT I would love to know what seeds I should start for planting in my fall garden in JULY? I am getting ready to prep my new garden area (no dig small 4 x 8 space) and don’t know what to start this month. I realize that it depends on what I want to grow but is there a "guide" to what to start indoors for a fall Florida garden and when to start them? Also, did I understand that you can plant sunflowers anytime here? I’m in Florida 9b and a new gardener. Your spaces are beautiful and I enjoy seeing your gardens and hearing about your gardening adventure. Thank you!

3. Yali Amita on July 27, 2022 at 10:59 pm

Do you do home visits to help new gardener, I’m in 34601?

4. Liz Dennis on July 27, 2022 at 10:59 pm

How can I get a list of seeds you have available? I’m in Alachua Fl.

5. Clive Ed Harris on July 27, 2022 at 11:01 pm

Have you heard a place called Clifford R d in our beautiful community you no 🇯🇲☝️in kT north you better off going to our local market in the middle of Broadway opposite the hair dressers get a haircut and get a real job walk the talk

6. Champagne Gardening on July 27, 2022 at 11:02 pm

Mustard spinach is a heat loving green

7. Daily Chaos on July 27, 2022 at 11:04 pm

I live in west central Florida and I am happy to say that after 4 years my garden is finally producing well. It took 2 to realize that the middle of summer was to hot for most garden plants here, lol. But I enjoyed your video and look forward to seeing more. Oh and loved the little green spider on the Chinese squash plant.

8. L in C on July 27, 2022 at 11:04 pm

I live in zone 9. Breaking gardening rules all the time for many years:).

9. Danica Sparta on July 27, 2022 at 11:05 pm

I’ve lived in Florida for nearly 21years now. But have only attempted gardening once and didn’t do so well. That way quite some time ago though and I’m willing to give it another shot. This time I’ve been scouring YouTube for some guidance to be better prepared. I just found your channel this morning and this is the very first video that I’ve watched. I don’t live too far from you, so hoping that the information you share will be beneficial to the conditions that I will be facing over here on the Gulf Coast. (I am about an hour northwest of Tampa Airport in West Pasco County). I have just placed an order for some of your seeds and wondering if any of these plants would survive in containers as opposed to being planted directly in the ground? My yard doesn’t have very good soil at the present moment. Any helpful tips you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

10. S T on July 27, 2022 at 11:11 pm

Good morning. I have the Seminole pumpkins in the ground and the vine borer is in some of them. I’ve lost several plants. Please advise

11. Malia York on July 27, 2022 at 11:13 pm

Your videos are the best!! 🌻🌻🌻

12. Rebecca Berlin on July 27, 2022 at 11:18 pm

Can you tell me how much and how often do you water? I’m in 9b 10a and cant tell if I’m over or under watering my gardens and potted plants!

13. Broadcast His Love on July 27, 2022 at 11:19 pm

So cool to see how your seeds have grown!!!

14. SquawkCode on July 27, 2022 at 11:20 pm

I really appreciate your channel and tips. I’m moving from zone 6a to 9a? Florida.

15. Nadia Gray on July 27, 2022 at 11:21 pm

Hi, do you have Everglades tomatoes seed?

16. Jon Jon on July 27, 2022 at 11:23 pm

Is it to late to start tomatoe seeds in may and peppers will they not grow in 9b when when and how to start seeds

17. Laura L. on July 27, 2022 at 11:25 pm

I always love setting aside time to relax with a cold drink or coffee ( depending on the time) and watch your videos. Your tips and how you set up your garden has given me great ideas for mine . 😊 I am feeling you on the deer situation. They love my sunflowers, tomatoes, and now my Zinnias. 😔 Gonna have to plant them their own garden next season. Lol

18. Josie Allen on July 27, 2022 at 11:28 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

19. Seima Rostorfer on July 27, 2022 at 11:29 pm

I love your monthly "what to plant" videos. It’s so so helpful! Lots of inspiration. I have ordered a queens wreath vine. I can’t wait to get it in the ground with a trellis. Any tips?

20. Garden Tour // Auf Tour im Garten on July 27, 2022 at 11:29 pm

We’re in zone 7b and tomatoes produce only in summer. So it was interesting to hear that is is difficult for you to grow 🍅🍅🍅through the heat of the summer.

21. Medway Model Railway on July 27, 2022 at 11:31 pm

Enjoy the new update very much.

22. Patricia Walker on July 27, 2022 at 11:32 pm

I’d put spinach in tin container.

23. Blinded by The light on July 27, 2022 at 11:33 pm

Are you growing your chayotae (sp)? Squash in partial shade? I am in FL too and both my attempts to grow it failed miserably. I had it in full sun.
    Thanks.

24. Dan Ruins Food on July 27, 2022 at 11:36 pm

I’m not a huge fan of gardening; it feels like a chore most of the time, but maybe it’s because I’m a beginner and have so much to learn. Thank you for the loads of Summer planting videos. I’d love to see videos of your chickens I you have any videos on that, yet. The sweet potato production last year for you was so exciting! I’ve not had any success, yet. When do I plant those? Zone 9A

25. K Powell on July 27, 2022 at 11:36 pm

I would love to know what varieties do best in your garden or which are your favorite varieties of each type, such as best for Florida/favorite kale, etc. Congrats on reaching 4000 subscribers!

26. Josie Allen on July 27, 2022 at 11:38 pm

Hi, I’m In Tampa Florida, I want to plant Strawberries are they available in seeds or do I need to buy plant started plants?

27. AnnaLee Daughter of YHWH on July 27, 2022 at 11:43 pm

Hello! Do you think Stinging Nettle would grow in zone 9 – S. Arizona? Please and thank you 🙏

28. AquaSeahorse Love on July 27, 2022 at 11:43 pm

I notice you have a lot of mulch everywhere. Ever since I started using mulch, I have so many little flying insects that seem to like to live in this stuff. They sort of look like mosquitoes, but they’re not. I call them water bugs because they seem to be attracted to moisture. They’ve become a nuisance and I’m starting to have regrets about using it.
    Do you have any problems with this? What kind do you use? I’m wondering if there’s an alternative or if I’m doing something wrong. There’s a retention pond in my backyard and I’m moving in the next couple of weeks next to a river, so maybe it’s because there’s so much water around me? Any advice will help. 😊

I’m in zone 9b in Brevard County, FL.

29. Hogglinebulldoggs on July 27, 2022 at 11:52 pm

Can someone please make a simple video without so much talking that’s straight to the point with the list of things we can grown in june

30. Sherilyn Alexnder on July 27, 2022 at 11:53 pm

I have tried growing thyme but it always sprouts then dies, not sure what I’m doing wrong, but yours looks amazing!

31. Clive Ed Harris on July 27, 2022 at 11:55 pm

I remember when I grew a garden mean harvest I grew gave most of it out specially to the lazy ness my neighbour from thce Philippines 🇯🇲 he is so lazy I try to help him out but he only talks alot about it but when I went there all he had was a garden full of rubbish so I won’t go back to those dreamers ever again I’m always around worker not talker catch it I think I can hear my neighbour lmao 🙄😤🇯🇲 he would rather grow his whiskers wash and clean the bugs away cut your hair and get a real job lmao 🤣🤣🤣💯