Best Soil For Rasied Garden Bed

Best Soil For Rasied Garden Bed

Watch as I show you what I do to get my raised garden beds ready for a new planting season. The soil mix is made up of locally made compost, worm castings, coconut coir and Azomite rock dust. The compost I use is a compost blend made by a local company called Western Organics 602-565-7045 Tell them you want the soil mixture that Greg from the Urban Farms uses.

— Coconut Coir http://amzn.to/2lh3Ecn

Top Three Things You Need In Your Soil
— Azomite Rock Dust http://amzn.to/2jJ3Yyn
— Worm Castings http://amzn.to/2jzeA11
— Mycorrhizae http://amzn.to/2jIU6VC

— https://www.facebook.com/urbanazfarms
— https://www.instagram.com/urbanazfarms
— https://twitter.com/urbanazfarms

Deliberate Thought by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Source: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/?keywords=deliberate+thought
Artist: http://incompetech.com/

1. Remmie on July 30, 2022 at 11:24 pm

I heard familiar voices in the background. What birds u have?

2. Beans & Cornbread on July 30, 2022 at 11:25 pm

Thank you for the valuable information

3. Shriya's Kutty Farm on July 30, 2022 at 11:25 pm

Awesome.Good video.Result of hard work. Give your valuable comments to improve our channel thank you. Stay connected and stay blessed

4. James Shaw on July 30, 2022 at 11:27 pm

Thank you for posting your video from buffalo NY

5. FurNaxx on July 30, 2022 at 11:28 pm

Why do you do layers of soil>casting>coco rather than mixing it all together?

6. Orr Family on July 30, 2022 at 11:29 pm

WOW I just got a reality check, you used a 5 gal bucket from CAL RANCH, lol I work at a Cal Store in SE Idaho, you need to contact the cooperate store in Idaho Falls they’d love to use your video , they’d probably be a sponsor , they carry a lot of gardening stuff.

7. Guardian- 4D 5D 6D 7D on July 30, 2022 at 11:29 pm

Do u recycle the mulch to another garden bed

8. SIDHU CHIKEN FARM on July 30, 2022 at 11:34 pm

I am from India bro I love gardning pls msg me bro ±917986620994

9. Mike Conklin on July 30, 2022 at 11:34 pm

Here in Jacksonville Florida, the local zoo has free compost from the mammals that eat fruit, vegetables, hay and grains. It’s called Zoo Poo. Great for your gardens.

10. Karen Davila on July 30, 2022 at 11:38 pm

Great and helpful video. I just built my first garden bed today. I couldnt catch what you were adding at 4:12 min, can someone help me out? Thanks!

11. Rob McGhie on July 30, 2022 at 11:40 pm

Its coir not core doh

12. aide garabedian on July 30, 2022 at 11:40 pm

On the description area you have mycorrhizae, but you didn’t use on your video, what is the purpose of it? Thank you.

13. James Rudd on July 30, 2022 at 11:41 pm

What was the last thing you put on before watering?

14. Adam Hall on July 30, 2022 at 11:43 pm

So are potting soil & compost the same thing?

15. TheyLiveWeSleep on July 30, 2022 at 11:45 pm

Thank you for the suggestions for local places. Within the last year i got into gardening, and started using a spare bedroom, but time for the hot peppers, tobacco, vegetables, and some flowers to go outside, im running out of room. Will be sure to reference back to this video because ive been trying to make a cheaper mixture thna buying soil, and i know my dirt in the backyard(n phx) is probably not goin to be suitable to grow in.

thanks bud!!

16. rafael nadal on July 30, 2022 at 11:46 pm

Buy and drop? Too easy

17. louise boutin on July 30, 2022 at 11:46 pm

Am I the only dummy who does not know what the rock dust is ?

18. Anthony N on July 30, 2022 at 11:48 pm

Coconut core is NOT more substantial than moss In north america. It’s shipped from India and Shri lanka as a waste product.

19. Daniela Castañeda Elias on July 30, 2022 at 11:50 pm

Cheers for this, I’ve been looking for "what should i put in my vegetable garden soil?" for a while now, and I think this has helped. Have you ever come across – Paylezobath Celebrated Process – (should be on google have a look )?
    It is a great exclusive product for learning organic gardening secrets to boost your produce minus the hard work. Ive heard some super things about it and my cousin got excellent results with it.

20. goddamn mag agent torture on July 30, 2022 at 11:50 pm

The soil look so good that i want to sleep on it x’d

21. Jay Best on July 30, 2022 at 11:50 pm

I’ve seen a lot of people testing biochar or charcoal outperforming rock dust for yield and Nutrients

22. Jerry Trecroce on July 30, 2022 at 11:53 pm

I used fall leaves for mulch, do I have to remove it? What happens if I leave the leaf mulch and add the potting soil, compost, coconut, worm castings and rock dust on top?

23. cliff lester on July 30, 2022 at 11:53 pm

Duh, you’re tilling your bed with your hands!

24. cdreyes81 on July 30, 2022 at 11:56 pm

Heh heh heh, he said crop dust, heh heh

25. aide garabedian on July 30, 2022 at 11:56 pm

Why you have micorrhaizae ? How you use that?

26. Robert_B on July 30, 2022 at 11:56 pm

Dude where’s your gloves lol

27. Mark W on July 30, 2022 at 11:56 pm

Totally useless video.

28. Nicholas Becker on July 30, 2022 at 11:56 pm

Nice video.

29. Argost Abernackie on July 30, 2022 at 11:57 pm

I appreciate the nod towards saying no to tilling. A lot of research shows how roto tilling a garden bed forces good bacteria out and ruins your beds self sufficiency.

30. LoquendoEncuentra on July 31, 2022 at 12:00 am

Lovely video content! Sorry for the intrusion, I would appreciate your initial thoughts. Have you thought about – Parlandealey Impetigo Goodbye Process (do a search on google)? It is a great exclusive product for learning how to grow your own organic vegetables using hydroponics without the headache. Ive heard some extraordinary things about it and my close friend Aubrey at last got astronomical success with it.

31. aide garabedian on July 31, 2022 at 12:00 am

Hello I can’t find compost only in bags and i have 6 boxes to fill up.
    I only have acces to sandy loam soil can i used that one in combination with some compost

32. A Butterfly on July 31, 2022 at 12:01 am

U should ALWAYS wear gloves when your hands are in soil, there are parasites and worms in all soil and you can catch them easily thru your hands and bare feet, believe me I know they can really cause ALOT of health problems! 😳

33. luke rogan on July 31, 2022 at 12:02 am

Great video , but i thought potting soil is only to be put in containers and pots? Shouldnt you use garden soil?

34. Eileenie on July 31, 2022 at 12:02 am

A really great video for beginners! Thanks! No recent posts here. My loss🙃.

35. Jomana on July 31, 2022 at 12:03 am

Cheers for this, been searching for "when should i prepare my garden soil?" for a while now, and I think this has helped. Ever heard of – Paylezobath Celebrated Process – (Have a quick look on google cant remember the place now )?

It is a great exclusive product for learning organic gardening secrets to boost your produce without the hard work. Ive heard some awesome things about it and my buddy got amazing results with it.

36. jackgoldman1 on July 31, 2022 at 12:04 am

When you say something have it written on the screen. Much easier to understand if seen in writing.

37. Jacob Neff on July 31, 2022 at 12:05 am

Far more renewable? Canada has barely touched their peat moss supply and the peat is growing back at a rate of 70% more than they are using. Check out how much water is used to clean a small amount of your coconut coir, disturbing.

38. Steve Vaughn on July 31, 2022 at 12:05 am

I know this is a few years ago but peat Moss is renewable in Canada, just not in Europe. Coconut farming is destroying rain forest and habitats. Chose your poison

39. Jo Hac on July 31, 2022 at 12:13 am

I put a bottomless 5 gallon bucket in the center of my raised bed, top end down, 4" about below soil level, all the kitchen, plant tops etc. go in it, put the lid and brick on it, so keep critters out, and I have my own worm casting factory, they love it.

40. Akshay Sinha on July 31, 2022 at 12:14 am

Nice video learned how to make bed – was quite scared on how to do it.

41. Romin Hawk on July 31, 2022 at 12:14 am

Great presentation; Thank you for sharing.

42. K RICE on July 31, 2022 at 12:16 am

Not every one has access of compost at lease to fill a garden bed!

43. FOODBITS BABY on July 31, 2022 at 12:16 am

2021 in uk sun still no where to be found

44. xXAshkabuttXx on July 31, 2022 at 12:17 am

Is that a cockatiel I hear?
    Thanks for your videos! Very helpful

45. binh phuoc on July 31, 2022 at 12:18 am

What is the name of the yellow flower at the end of this video? Thank you.

46. Arda Kolimsky on July 31, 2022 at 12:18 am

Coconut coir is far from sustainable: they are cutting own rain forests for plantations

47. Hossain Ellas on July 31, 2022 at 12:20 am

This was great, thanks, I’ve been looking for "topsoil vs garden soil" for a while now, and I think this has helped. Have you ever come across – Paylezobath Celebrated Process – (Have a quick look on google cant remember the place now )?
    It is an awesome one off product for learning organic gardening secrets to boost your produce without the normal expense. Ive heard some awesome things about it and my colleague got excellent results with it.

48. NipItInTheBud100 on July 31, 2022 at 12:20 am

You add potting soil. Why don’t you add more compost? Just curious! Great video though!

49. MF Marshall on July 31, 2022 at 12:21 am

My family was farmers, all they did was till the land and add cow manure to fertile. DONE.! And produce beautiful crop. Gardening has become a money making business.

50. Layz_ her on July 31, 2022 at 12:21 am